Izu Ugonoh
This is Izu's career right now:

http://www.boxingscene.com/izu-ugonoh-discusses-wach-offer-facing-spoiler-boxing-politics--108999
The thing for Izu is that he's also just turned 30 so he must be getting itchy pants now. It's not old by any stretch but at that age you should be entering the peak years of your career. While his career is spinning it's wheels. Duco need to invest a bit of money to get a decent opponent, anyone in the top 25
(11-11-2016, 06:42 PM)Infern0 Wrote: The thing for Izu is that he's also just turned 30 so he must be getting itchy pants now. It's not old by any stretch but at that age you should be entering the peak years of your career. While his career is spinning it's wheels. Duco need to invest a bit of money to get a decent opponent, anyone in the top 25

+1
Still think a good opponent won't come to NZ. He needs to fight in New Jersey, or places with a big Polish population. He tried Poland, but wanted time on the "Dancing with the Stars" and almost got manipulated by a seedy promoter there.

I agree. Spend some money on a good top 15 opponent for him. If he does well, there will be plenty of money to come. Gotta think of the long game with Izu, due to his age and the amount of time he's languished in Parker's shadow. I know that Duco wants this to happen. Now they need to make it happen.
So breaking news is that Izu will NOT be fighting on Parkers undercard on Dec 10 and has returned back to Poland. Interestingly enough he has said that he has some important news to share but will not betray anyone of the next week or 2.. Sounds to me that he is leaving Duco and will wait until after Parkers fight to make it official.

Cant blame the guy really he has been living under Parkers shadow for too long and isn't getting any younger. Even Horn has jumped ahead of him in the stable rankings with Duco.
Thanks for the news. Yeah, someone posted that his facebook page said that he had gone back to Poland. He's supposed to have a huge 2017 with Duco, so are you sure he's not announcing a big fight instead of leaving Duco? I agree, he's been left behind.

Welcome aboard, jonot2000!!!
If Izu is leaving Duco they should be ashamed of how they have managed him.
(11-25-2016, 01:02 PM)jonot2000 Wrote: So breaking news is that Izu will NOT be fighting on Parkers undercard on Dec 10 and has returned back to Poland. Interestingly enough he has said that he has some important news to share but will not betray anyone of the next week or 2.. Sounds to me that he is leaving Duco and will wait until after Parkers fight to make it official.

Cant blame the guy really he has been living under Parkers shadow for too long and isn't getting any younger. Even Horn has jumped ahead of him in the stable rankings with Duco.

Where did you get the info about his announcement, jonot? I couldn't find it on his facebook page...
http://sport.interia.pl/boks/news-izu-ugonoh-wrocil-do-polski-szykuje-sie-duza-zmiana-w-karier,nId,2311181

Apologies its in Polish, but use a decent translator and should be readable Smile
(11-25-2016, 01:52 PM)jonot2000 Wrote: http://sport.interia.pl/boks/news-izu-ugonoh-wrocil-do-polski-szykuje-sie-duza-zmiana-w-karier,nId,2311181

Apologies its in Polish, but use a decent translator and should be readable Smile

Thanks for the link. I was able to use the translater. Izu said it's a career change, so not good. He's one of my favourite fighters. Can you keep us informed, jonot?