Fights this Week
Teofimo-Claggett Final Press Conference

WBO junior welterweight champion Teofimo Lopez (20-1, 13 KOs) and challenger Steve Claggett (38-7-2, 26 KOs) faced off at the final press conference for their ESPN-televised world title showdown on Saturday at the James L. Knight Center in Miami, Florida.

Teofimo Lopez: “We know how to get the job done. We know how to get the win. We’re not a two-time lineal champion for no reason. We do this. We face the best fighters in boxing. So, Steve Claggett is going to come to bring it. However, there are levels to this. I look forward to what he brings to the table, and we’ll dissect him from there.”

Steve Claggett: “This is something I’ve worked my whole life for. I feel like I have great momentum right now. It’s the time for me.”
Roach, McCrory make weight

Lamont Roach Jr. 130 vs. Feargal McCrory 129.6
(WBA super featherweight title)

Lester Martinez 167.2 vs. Carlos Gongora 168.8
Alex Dilmaghani 132 vs. Rene Tellez Giron 136.2
Rianna Rios 116.6 vs. Mary Romero 117.2
Benjamin Johnson 147.4 vs. Michael Williams 147.6
Jordan Roach 115 vs. Luis Domingo Hernandez Cambero 113.6
Greg Outlaw 144 vs. Isidro Curiel 144.6
Deric Davis 135.4 vs. Matias Agustin-Arriagada 132
Travon Marshall 151.4 vs. Luis Midyael Sanchez 156 lbs.
Eric Hernandez 140.6 vs. Jonathan Hernan Godoy 142

Venue: Entertainment & Sports Arena, Washington, DC
Promoter: NoXcuse Promotions
TV: ProBox TV
Roach retains WBO 130lb title with stoppage

WBA super featherweight champion Lamont Roach Jr. (25-1-1, 10 KOs) retained hid title with an eighth round TKO over previously unbeaten Feargal McCrory (16-1, 8 KOs) on Friday night at the Entertainment and Sports Arena in Washington DC. Roach dropped McCrory in round three with a short left hook. Roach floored McCrory twice more with body shots in round four. McCrory put up a game effort, but his corner finally waved the towel to end it in round eight. Time was 2:51.

In a step-up fight, unbeaten super middleweight Lester Martinez (18-0, 15 KOs) scored an impressive ten round unanimous decision over well-respected Carlos Gongora (22-3, 17 KOs). One-sided fight with Martinez connecting with big shots the entire way. Scores were 99-91, 99-91, 100-90.

Lightweight Rene Tellez Giron (20-3, 13 KOs) punished Alex Dilmaghani (20-3-1, 7 KOs) for seven rounds and the bout was halted before round eight.
Bam is building an ATG record. He dominated most of the fight, dropping Estrada in the 4th. Estrada scored a flash knockdown in the 6th round. Bam end the fight in the 7th with a bodyshot.
Just saw it. Maybe FOTY??? Bam looked great. Took some shots, including a KD. Love him.
BAM KOs Estrada in seven, wins WBC 115lb belt

Jesse “BAM” Rodriguez (20-0, 13 KOs) dethroned WBC super flyweight champion Juan Francisco “Gallo” Estrada (44-4, 28 KOs) with a spectacular seventh round KO on Saturday night at the Footprint Center in Glendale, Arizona. Great fight. BAM dropped Estrada with a straight left hand in round four. After the round, Estrada went to Rodriguez’ corner. BAM rocked Estrada again in round five. Estrada dropped BAM in round six with a right hand. BAM dropped Estrada with a liver shot to end it in round seven. Time was 3:00.

In a flyweight clash between former world champions champions, Sunny Edwards (21-1, 4 KOs) outboxed Adrian Curiel (24-6-1, 5 KOs) to take a nine round technical decision. Curiel was the aggressor, but was largely neutralized by the mobile Edwards. Edwards suffered a bad gash from a head clash in round six. The bout was stopped at the beginning of round nine. Scores were 90-82, 88-84, 87-85.

WBC female super bantamweight champion Yamileth Mercado (24-3, 5 KOs) topped Ramla Ali (9-2, 2 KOs) over ten rounds by scores of 98-92, 98-93, 97-93.

In a clash between unbeaten super bantamweights, Arturo Cardenas (15-0-1, 8 KOs) scored a ten round majority decision over Danny Barrios (15-2, 5 KOs). Scores were 95-95, 97-93, 96-94.

Unbeaten bantamweight Gabriel Muratalla (12-0, 6 KOs) won an eight round unanimous decision over Carlos Fontes (23-4-1, 19 KOs) by scores of 79-73, 78-74, 77-75.
https://fightnews.com/results-from-miami...a-2/163075