Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN.
Kingry defeats Tagoe by decision

By Jeff Zimmerman at ringside

Rising lightweight superstar Ryan “KingRy” Garcia (22-0, 18 KOs) out of Victorville, CA, made his long awaited ring return on Saturday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and took a unanimous decision against the crafty Emmanuel “Gameboy” Tagoe (32-2, 15 KOs) out of Ghana over twelve rounds to win going away 119-108 twice and 118-109.

Garcia dropped Tagoe in round two after a double right hand, although Tagoe complained to referee Jon Schorle that he was pushed. Garcia followed Tagoe around the ring as Tagoe held often whenever they got close. Through the first six rounds, Garcia stalked Tagoe and at times unloaded a series of combos to the smaller Tagoe who did his best to duck and move away. Garcia had success to the body against the unorthodox Tagoe, who showed he was game against the social media star.

Tagoe finally had some success in round seven as he landed an overhand right that was his best punch of the night to that point, but again Garcia was the busier of the two and continued to land solid shots to the head and body of Tagoe. In round nine, Garcia and Tagoe fought in the pocket where Tagoe was able to counter Garcia with looping rights and lefts. In round ten through twelve, Garcia once again pounced on Tagoe and dropped a flurry on him against the ropes and tried desperately for the KO but could not finish him off.

Garcia hadn’t seen the ring before tonight, since his spectacular seventh round knockout of former British Olympian Luke Campbell to kick off the new year of January 2021, in Dallas, Texas, where he survived a second round knockdown before ending the fight with a vicious body shot that looked to propel him for a breakout year.

But unfortunately, that was not the case as Garcia, still only 23, has been sidelined with mental health issues and injuries on his hand and wrist that required surgery. He also parted ways unceremoniously with trainer Eddy Reynoso, trainer of pound-for-pound king Canelo Alvarez and is now with old school trainer Joe Goosen.

Garcia will now hopefully get the highly anticipated mega matchup with “Tank” Davis if Tank gets past Rolly Romero when they square off May 28. The fight with Tank was in the works previously after Garcia’s big win against Campbell.

“KingRy” had this to say to Chris Mannix with the DAZN in the ring post fight:

“Nothing but respect for Tagoe, crafty. He was moving a lot, I have to cut off the ring a little better.”

“I think if I would have pressed him harder in the beginning, I may have gotten him out of there. It was a track down fight as I had to track him down.”

“Felt great with Joe Goossen. Very comfortable in the ring. I love Joe.”

“I have been all about the callouts (on fighting Tank next), but I have grown and matured andI will let my team handle it.”

Shane Mosely Jr. vs. Gabriel Rosado
In the co-main event, Shane Mosely Jr (18-4, 10 KOs) from Pomona, CA outboxed “King” Gabriel Rosado (26-15-1, 15 KOs) out of Philadelphia, PA, over ten rounds to take Rosado’s WBA Continental Americas super middleweight title in a crossroads fight for both fighters. The scores read 98-92, 97-93, 95-95 by majority decision for Mosely Jr.
Mosley Jr. showed off immense boxing skills as he dominated the rugged Rosado landing his long jab, overhand right and straight lefts to the head and body most of the night. Rosado was just a step behind the quicker Mosley Jr. all night and could never land the one big punch to change the trajectory of the fight. Rosado has built a career on grit and toughness, but could never put enough punches together against the slicker Mosley Jr., who showed skills reminiscent of his hall of fame father “Sugar” Shane Mosely.
The last 30 seconds of the fight displayed the most action in the whole fight as Mosley Jr. dropped a big fight, followed by a sold left hand as Rosado motioned Mosely Jr. to fight. Mosely Jr. obliged and landed a couple more bombs in the final ten seconds to punctuate a masterful performance and not nearly as close as the scorecards read, especially the 95-95.

Messages In This Thread
Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-08-2022, 07:28 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-08-2022, 07:37 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-09-2022, 04:26 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-10-2022, 05:43 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - bart - 04-10-2022, 05:53 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - bart - 04-10-2022, 06:33 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - bart - 04-10-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-10-2022, 07:28 PM
RE: Garcia/Tagoe. Sunday. DAZN. - diehard - 04-10-2022, 07:52 PM