Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN.
Rocha: I could have gotten him out of there sooner

“I got the knockout but I know I could’ve done better,” said Alexis Rocha after his ninth round stoppage of Blair Cobbs on Saturday night. “It took me quite a while to adjust. He was running, very awkward at first. This is what I need so I can develop as an all around fighter. It took me awhile since I wasn’t listening to my coach. I was getting careless, only throwing one shot, not cutting the ring and not throwing my combinations. I could have gotten him out of there sooner.

“The only round that I actually let my hands go I followed him up. That’s what put him down, me throwing combinations. I want to give Blair credit. He was a tough opponent, he was awkward and he did a lot of trash talking but you don’t play with Mexico. Viva Mexico!”

“He was just a good fighter today,” said Cobbs. “I was impressed by the way he came out. He got me with some pretty good shots. He got me in the later rounds very good so shout-out to him and his team. I was throwing shots but I wasn’t following up with them. I just couldn’t recover and figure it out in time to take over the fight. He did a tremendous job. I just wanted to give a shout-out to everyone that came out and I promise that Blair ‘The Flair’ will be back.”

Messages In This Thread
Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-19-2022, 04:37 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-19-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-20-2022, 04:09 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-20-2022, 06:24 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-20-2022, 06:25 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-20-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: Cobbs/Rocha. Sunday, DAZN. - diehard - 03-20-2022, 11:08 PM