Fury/Wilder III
Fury-Wilder III is signed

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury announced on ESPN that he has signed a contract to fight Deontay Wilder in the third fight of a trilogy. Fury said the bout will be the first live gate at the 65,000 Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. Date is TBA. Fury stated that he’s going to smash Wilder first, then Joshua.

“This guy is a glutton for punishment,” said Fury. “He’s an idiot. He got absolutely dismantled and smashed to bits in our last fight and he wants that all over again. He’s telling people I cracked his skull, I injured his shoulder, I done his bicep, yet he wants to get in there with me again. It’s one of two things. He’s absolutely crazy or he’s a sucker for punishment. I’ve gotta beat up Deontay Wilder a bit better than last time because he didn’t get a good enough hiding. This time I’m going to really double, double treble smash him.

“AJ’s got a big mouth with no substance. [That fight] happens this year. I’m gonna deal with this mug, knock him out cold. Then I’m gonna deal with the other guy straightaway.”
Hmmm I don't know why but I feel an upset could happen here a real throw the cat amongst the pigeons scenario - if not this fight then maybe the AJ v Usyk fight that stops Fury v AJ.
I hope not ... but are we seeing Lennox/ Bowe 2
Call me naive, but I think Wilder KO's Fury. He'll want revenge, quit his gameplaying, and train the house down. AJ? Usyk's too small with no power.
(05-23-2021, 10:11 PM)diehard Wrote: Call me naive, but I think Wilder KO's Fury.  He'll want revenge, quit his gameplaying, and train the house down.  AJ?  Usyk's too small with no power.

Nah, Wilder relies way too much on his power and seting up his right hand, which is fine against guys who are stationary targets who don't move out of the pocket, but not Fury. Fury has way too much for him and will batter him into submission again, and Malik Scott as trainer isn't gonna fix Wilder's problems.
Well, Fury's been knocked down twice, and was lucky to get up in the first fight...Second fight, he connected with Fury, but with no effect.  Clearly, Fury is the better boxer, and negated Wilder's aggression by coming forward.  Beautiful strategy.  We'll see how Wilder develops, if he can.  Malik Scott was a mover, and it'll be interesting to see if he spars with Wilder.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/z-2/179266
Wilder this time round could be a potential banana skin for Fury. On paper Fury should win but I feel wilder has the momentum this time round.
Fight date for third world title bout between Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder set

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has signed a contract to fight Deontay Wilder for the third time, the British boxer's American promoter said Sunday.

Top Rank said on its official Twitter page that the fight will take place in Las Vegas on July 24, with a video showing Fury signing the contract.

Fury stopped Wilder in the seventh round in Las Vegas in February last year to take the WBC belt from the American. Their first fight, in December 2018, ended in a draw.

A U.S. arbitrator ruled that Fury was contractually bound to fulfil a third fight with Deontay Wilder, and that it had to take place by Sept. 15.

Fury had planned to fight Anthony Joshua, the WBA, WBO and IBF titleholder, in Saudi Arabia on Aug. 14 for the undisputed heavyweight championship but that had to be scrapped.
(05-24-2021, 02:26 PM)Dodge Wrote: Wilder this time round could be a potential banana skin for Fury. On paper Fury should win but I feel wilder has the momentum this time round.

Thanks for supporting me Dodge. I know I'm right. Well, I think I am. Well, maybe...
Wilder winning is the absoloute worst case scenario

Fury will have a rematch clause most likely and we would be getting Wilder vs Fury 4 in early 2022.

Then what if Fury wins that one.

We need Fury to knock Wilder out and end this, I don't want to see Fury vs Wilder 7