Fury/Usyk. Feb. 17th
Retire? He made 30 million vs Fury. Maybe a 50/50 split in the rematch, with the money going to Ukraine weapons. Then he can retire undefeated. Fury should be easier to beat second time around.
There's more important things in life than money.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/fu...oss/278424
(05-20-2024, 08:27 PM)jamieson1 Wrote: There's more important things in life than money.

Not sure anything is more important to Usyk than keeping his country from being overtaken by the Russians. And $50 million buys a lot of weapons to defend itself. But, we'll see which way Usyk goes. There's no bigger fight out there for him now than the rematch.
(05-21-2024, 11:22 AM)diehard Wrote:
(05-20-2024, 08:27 PM)jamieson1 Wrote: There's more important things in life than money.

Not sure anything is more important to Usyk than keeping his country from being overtaken by the Russians. And $50 million buys a lot of weapons to defend itself. But, we'll see which way Usyk goes. There's no bigger fight out there for him now than the rematch.

Spoken like someone who's never served in the military. Usyk has served, so he should be aware of how corrupt these bankster wars are. I doubt Fury even wants that smoke again.
Nah, never served in the military. I think Usyk will recover from his fractured jaw, and Fury will fight AJ for the same amount of money. And the rematch will never happen, with Usyk moving back down to cruiser, which he said he wants to do. He's cleaned out the heavyweights.

Wouldn't mind JP sneaking in there before this happens and fighting Usyk though.
https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/us...ely/278483
with the IBF belt about to be split and Hygovic and DDD fighting for it - hopefully the WBO goes and JP either gets it or fights for it- the carrot for Fury to fight for undisputed disappears so if he wants an excuse to move away from Usyk fight that is his way out.
Fury may target one of the fragmented belts to become 3 time.
Have you heard any rumors of the WBO splitting, Bart?

I haven't
Earlier on but not since the fight....just hoping really