NZBoxChat
Junior Fa - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Junior Fa (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 12-12-2019

(12-07-2019, 10:56 AM)diehard Wrote: China's Zhilei Zhang (21-0, 16 KOs) is pushing for a fight with Fa (19-0, 10 KOs).

Saw this at the end of the Parker article by Johnstone.  Make this fight happen markk!

they have offered it to us a few times and we have yes every-time but they come with no money. I wonder if they really want as Eddie Hearn has the $$. I think Dino Duva is doing it as a game for ranking with he WBO with no real intention of the fight as his co promoter 

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 12-12-2019

Where do they want the fight markk?  And surely it was SOME money, just maybe not enough.  If you said yes, with NO money (or some), do you think they would fight Fa?  Or is this just a ruse to up Zhang's ranking?  The WBO has always been kind to NZ fighters.  Wonder what the WBO would say about Team Zhang's ploy.  Would laugh if the WBO turned around and ordered the fight, with a mandatory bid.  I know they only do that for title fights, or for a mandatory, but why not?

Just checked the alphabet rankings.  Who the hell is Zhang to even think he can dictate terms?  He's not even ranked in the top 15 in ANY alphabet, and certainly not the WBO.  Waste of time.  Go for Kownacki.  He's in the top 5 in a lot of alphabets:

Champ:  AJ
1. Oleksandr Usyk
2. Tyson Fury
3. NOT RATED
4. Joseph Parker
5. Adam Kownacki
6. Daniel Dubois
7. Junior Fa
8. Michael Hunter
9. Evgeny Romanov
10. Tom Schwarz
11. Frank Sanchez Faure
12. Carlos Takam
13. Demsey McKean
14. Dereck Chisora
15. Agit Kabayel

RE: Junior Fa - African Monkey - 12-12-2019

Zhilei Zhang is a risky fight for no reward so if I were team Fa I wouldn't go there. A trans Tasman fight with Demsey McKean could be interesting down the line.

I tend to think you need to fight guys ranked ahead of you so that you can climb up the ladder, unless it's a money fight. That's why I'm thinking Kownacki, maybe with a tune-up first.

How would he go with Dubois?

RE: Junior Fa - African Monkey - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 07:34 PM)diehard Wrote: I tend to think you need to fight guys ranked ahead of you so that you can climb up the ladder, unless it's a money fight.  That's why I'm thinking Kownacki, maybe with a tune-up first.

How would he go with Dubois?
No offence to Markk or anything, but Dubois murders him imo. He's a future world champ for sure and I think he sparks him out early if they were to fight. Dubois could fall into the who needs him club unless Frank Warren can use his connections with the WBO to land him a title shot there.

RE: Junior Fa - bart - 12-12-2019

Yeah stay away from Dubois he may be the real deal... wait and see but I wouldn't recommend finding out the hard way.
Kownacki would be a tough night at the office as well
Comes down to $$ really I know he isn't ranked but a fight with Lucas Browne down here may raise profile and make some coin??

Yeah, after what Dubois did to Cojanu I agree.  Kownacki is a very tough fight, and would need a warm up first.  But Jr is ranked #7 by the WBO, and he needs to earn his ranking.  Zhang is a waste fight, unless there is $$$.  Kownacki needs to happen.

RE: Junior Fa - African Monkey - 01-17-2020

When can we expect to see Junior and Hemi out next Markk?

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 07:11 AM)African Monkey Wrote: When can we expect to see Junior and Hemi out next Markk?

working on late march. Working on a complex deal for junior which will see him more active . hemi has 4 fights booked in this year so you will see allot of him. 

RE: Junior Fa - African Monkey - 01-17-2020

(01-17-2020, 10:50 AM)markk Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:11 AM)African Monkey Wrote: When can we expect to see Junior and Hemi out next Markk?

working on late march. Working on a complex deal for junior which will see him more active . hemi has 4 fights booked in this year so you will see allot of him. 

Oh nice. Could you shed any light on this complex deal haha or is that hush hush at this stage?