NZBoxChat
Junior Fa - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Junior Fa (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: Junior Fa - Kiwi - 12-17-2018

Izu would take Fa's head off

Not a good choice

Izu is one of the saddest wastes of real talent in the modern division

He really could have made it big

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 12-19-2018

(12-16-2018, 08:15 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Barry his usual classless self. If this fight happens it needs to be 2-3 years down the line. Right now Junior needs to keep winning and stepping up levels
A win against Fa now does nothing for Parker

when I got offered the fight i said its 2-3 years away as junior is still developing. but if you really want it i'd be expecting 500k in 2-3 years. i said of you want it now the money is the same and you get an riser fight but we couldn't walk away from 500k. he said he had less than 100k. i said we can take a fight like travis kauffman for twice that and he is half as good so why would we do that. he agreed would be stupid to take fr the moey on offer. what cracks me up is KB bought it up at weigh in to say we turned it down to try and embarrass us. Our team is really proud of joe as a kiwi boxer and what he has achieved and dont take him lightly as all. we know when the time is right its going to be a cracker. so from us all we saw was Kevin putting fuel on fire for fight. then Junior does a demo on a guys we wanted more fight from but the way junior was prepared  not many guys would last . all of a sudden KB dosnt want to talk about it anymore. was very weird fro us. we know juniors  time to step up is 2019 and we are working on right now. Health is good. He did hurt his knuckle on David lights forehead  2 weeks out and didn't punch till fight. was also fascinating straight after the fight junior came straight over and was in obvious grief as the enormity of his friends  losing there child hit him. I was really proud of his shape and mental toughness. Was a bit close in his range when taking him out but still a good learning. Changed around his entrance and use of energy pre fight with a relaxed entrance rather than aggressive

RE: Junior Fa - Kiwi - 12-19-2018

Don't take it personal, Mark. Kevin was very defensive on this NZ visit for some reason.

2 - 3 years sounds about right for Junior to become the best version of himself.

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 02:33 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Don't take it personal, Mark. Kevin was very defensive on this NZ visit for some reason.

2 - 3 years sounds about right for Junior to become the best version of himself.

i never do. we have actually been cracking up how emotional KB got. we think its hilarious .

RE: Junior Fa - bart - 12-19-2018

yeah Kiwi
As well Mark this sounds like normal talk from manager-promoters etc, my guy worth more etc etc
Long as it doesn't go on like Khan v Brook
2-3 years sounds most likely
Hopefully while both highly ranked and either a champ or eliminator not a Tua v Cameron

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 12-19-2018

Markk, perfect fight for Jr. He had to make sure his health was good, and couldn't take a chance on a tough fighter. Couple that with his knuckle injury, and it was the right opponent. I also noticed that Jr.'s range wasn't ideal, as he was in too close while punching. But I don't blame Jr. His opponent was there to be hit in close during the clinches, and Jr accommodated him. To me, it showed that he doesn't need ideal range to hurt an opponent. AND, Jr needed to acquit himself to the boxing public after going the distance against the Mexican.

So, do I think Jr. has the goods to compete for a belt? Not yet. But he passed the health test, and should be ready for a top 10 opponent to test his mettle.

KB is KB. Not sure he wanted Fa to share the spotlight with Parker.

RE: Junior Fa - African Monkey - 12-19-2018

(12-19-2018, 12:47 PM)markk Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 08:15 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: Barry his usual classless self. If this fight happens it needs to be 2-3 years down the line. Right now Junior needs to keep winning and stepping up levels
A win against Fa now does nothing for Parker

when I got offered the fight i said its 2-3 years away as junior is still developing. but if you really want it i'd be expecting 500k in 2-3 years. i said of you want it now the money is the same and you get an riser fight but we couldn't walk away from 500k. he said he had less than 100k. i said we can take a fight like travis kauffman for twice that and he is half as good so why would we do that. he agreed would be stupid to take fr the moey on offer. what cracks me up is KB bought it up at weigh in to say we turned it down to try and embarrass us. Our team is really proud of joe as a kiwi boxer and what he has achieved and dont take him lightly as all. we know when the time is right its going to be a cracker. so from us all we saw was Kevin putting fuel on fire for fight. then Junior does a demo on a guys we wanted more fight from but the way junior was prepared  not many guys would last . all of a sudden KB dosnt want to talk about it anymore. was very weird fro us. we know juniors  time to step up is 2019 and we are working on right now. Health is good. He did hurt his knuckle on David lights forehead  2 weeks out and didn't punch till fight. was also fascinating straight after the fight junior came straight over and was in obvious grief as the enormity of his friends  losing there child hit him. I was really proud of his shape and mental toughness. Was a bit close in his range when taking him out but still a good learning. Changed around his entrance and use of energy pre fight with a relaxed entrance rather than aggressive
You Cantabrians can get very feisty at times haha.

Any details you can share on Jrs next opponent markk?

RE: Junior Fa - bopman - 12-21-2018

(12-17-2018, 10:26 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Izu would take Fa's head off

Not a good choice

Izu is one of the saddest wastes of real talent in the modern division

He really could have made it big

I don't think IZu was all that. Izu was a dumbed down version of AJ but obviously much lower level. Izu never ever fought any good names and when he did step up his experience levels failed him. FA actually has more potential than both, hence why Barry dislikes team Fa. Shouldn't Barry be supportive of another Kiwi coming up even if they are calling you out. I know JP doesn't mind it but Barry actually gets angry. 

RE: Junior Fa - craigyid14 - 12-21-2018

I agree with this about Izu, if he hadnt have fought in NZ on a few Duco cards early on I wouldn't have a clue who he was. He wasnt special, even above average in any way. And out of Fa and Parker, you'd have to say Fa does look fundamentally to have a better skill set. Of coarse boxing isn't just about boxing skills. Fa's list of opponents is dreadful for a 16-0 prospect, posters on here keep saying 'all heavyweights are like it's look at Tua's at 16-0' blah blah. Fighters don't fight anywhere near as frequent even since the 90's. Plus lookat Joe Joyce and Danny Dubous's opponents so far, Fa needs to fight someone atleast approaching his own level at the very least. That last guy was a joke.

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 12-21-2018

Can I defend Izu? Sure, the only decent opponent was Breazeale, who fought for the title against AJ and is a contender. And Izu had him on queer street before getting hit by a good shot and gassing. His skill set was better than Parker's. Wicked power, great footwork, and good speed. What I'm saying is that if he can hang with Breazeale, he had the skill to be a contender. Of course, he threw it all away by going AWOL, leaving KB and Mr Higgins, and going inactive for over a year.

Fa hasn't shown me much YET. He does have a very good jab, and good size. He took a good first step in overcoming his health problems and beating his opponent well the other night. His next opponent will probably be a possible contender, similar to what Izu faced with Breazeale. Then we'll see if Fa has the goods. I hope he does.