NZBoxChat
Junior Fa - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Junior Fa (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 06-24-2018

(06-23-2018, 08:04 PM)African Monkey Wrote: What's happened to markk? He hasn't been on in a while.
yeah sorry guys been super busy with work and junior.

Great camp, massive improvement and learning in sparing with Malik. To be honest we didn’t do what we were working on in fight. Was a great win and never in doubt. Just struggled with confidence to hammer the 2nd phase as he felt very tired in fight. We wanted to achieve 3 things.

1 win
2 get a belt worth having
3 entertain

We got 2 out of 3 which meatloaf said ain’t bad.

But we are all dosappomninted not to finish him early and well.

This fight will make getting opponents easier as allot more guys will want to fight which is good. We want a test and sounds like we will get one next. It was tough preparing for a 6 ft 5 African and then signing a 6 ft 2 Mexican who was only 5 ft 11 .

Debriefing tomorrow around fatigue. I personally thought he had a lot left in the tank at end of fight .

Mk

(06-23-2018, 08:08 PM)diehard Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 08:04 PM)African Monkey Wrote: What's happened to markk? He hasn't been on in a while.

I don't know. I miss him. Was it something I said?

Haha. Nah just was off for a while. Back now boys

RE: Junior Fa - NakiFan - 06-24-2018

(06-24-2018, 10:17 PM)markk Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 08:04 PM)African Monkey Wrote: What's happened to markk? He hasn't been on in a while.

Great camp, massive improvement and learning in sparing with Malik. To be honest we didn’t do what we were working on in fight. Was a great win and never in doubt. Just struggled with confidence to hammer the 2nd phase as he felt very tired in fight. We wanted to achieve 3 things.

1 win
3 entertain

This fight will make getting opponents easier as allot more guys will want to fight which is good. We want a test and sounds like we will get one next. It was tough preparing for a 6 ft 5 African and then signing a 6 ft 2 Mexican who was only 5 ft 11 .

Debriefing tomorrow around fatigue. I personally thought he had a lot left in the tank at end of fight .

Mk

Thanks for the reply Mark. Great honest appraisal of the fight. 

(06-24-2018, 11:14 PM)NakiFan Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 10:17 PM)markk Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 08:04 PM)African Monkey Wrote: What's happened to markk? He hasn't been on in a while.

1 win
3 entertain

Mk

Thanks for the reply Mark. Great honest appraisal of the fight. 

Also when I say Great win I mean 10-0 is an easy win just not what we wanted as a team

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 06-25-2018

To me, it's all about accuracy and power with Fa. He's got the other stuff. He aims for a general target, like the face. He needs to narrow his focus and aim for a spot on the face. At least that's how I was taught. With the Mexican being so wide open, and yes, awkward, Jr. needs to have laser aim at what he wants to hit. That, and that right hand, should get the Mexican outta there.

But his footwork, his delivery, and his ring generalship were much improved along with his physique.

RE: Junior Fa - Dannyboy - 06-25-2018

He's definitely improving Mark, which is good to see. Styles make fights as we know.

I like his boxing skill, he has a masterful straight jab which could/should set up a big right hand and left hook.

Would like to see him work on one or two weapons after the jab. A 2 or 3 punch power combo off the jab. Its always dangerous to premeditate combos but very quickly he should be able to do these instinctively.

Looking forward to his progress.

RE: Junior Fa - justafan - 06-25-2018

Damaged elbow or damage control or both?

Boxing: Elbow injury hampers Junior Fa in 'stinker' of a fight
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12077522&ref=NZH_fb

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 10:25 PM)justafan Wrote: Damaged elbow or damage control or both?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12077522&ref=NZH_fb

Moral of the story: When you're injured prior to a fight, get him outta there EARLY and save yourself some pain and explaining...

RE: Junior Fa - markk - 06-26-2018

(06-25-2018, 10:25 PM)justafan Wrote: Damaged elbow or damage control or both?

yeah was a massive surprise to us that he over rode game plan. We flat out couldn't understand on the night what was going on. as sparring and training was so good. It was massive lesson and will effect his earnings as the performance was the performance. 

But agree should have thrown the kitchen sink at it and got out early

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 06-26-2018

I would think there would be some tough discussions taking place.  Fa HAS to trust his team to tell them the truth.  Truth ALWAYS comes out in the end anyway.  If you can't trust your team, and they can't trust you, why be together?  Come on Jr, get it together my friend.