NZBoxChat
Junior Fa - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Junior Fa (/showthread.php?tid=97)

RE: Junior Fa - Infern0 - 05-26-2017

He needs to be put in with a guy who won't beat him, but will get his attention with a few shots here and there.

Wake the big boy up

RE: Junior Fa - Infern0 - 05-26-2017

(05-26-2017, 01:25 AM)Justapakeha Wrote: I thought Fa might be 'ready' for a Fred Kassi level fighter this year. But then I thought about the word 'ready' - its rubbish. Fa has boxed for years. He should have been ready to dominate the 15th best Aussie heavyweight with a 11-11 record.  I think he's plateaued, sorry to say. Someone needs a desire to perform brilliantly against a club fighter , but Labouring to a close decision was enough?  What are they training these guys?  The absolute bare minimum? Onetwo, Onetwo?  There's more to boxing than onetwos and I don't think you find many coaches that understand that. Saying that,  it's up to Fa to study the art of boxing and think about what he's doing.  He hasn't got that,  simply put.  Neither has Parker IMO. David Nyika is the only guy who has that desire for elitism. No one else coming out of nz that shows that.  Next big thing , Ricky Murphy lost to a club fighter. What's going on? Lack of basic skills and desire to improve? Baffling

Boxing training in this country in general is not very advanced

funny since you see people using that phrase "too much weights not enough speed work" all the damn time but we do have a very 1-2 approach to boxing here.

No educated jab, no footwork, no head movement, no inside game, no head-body combination punching

this describes most kiwi boxers, they look like they learned boxing from a magazine or something.

You can't blame the fighters though, its the coaches who need to step it up a gear.

RE: Junior Fa - Justapakeha - 05-26-2017

Was going to say the exact same thing. They all look a million bucks physically. For me it's mainly the lack of patience in the ring that stands out. No composure. It's very reckless and rushed and the NZ boxers are generally totally gassed by the middle rounds. It's almost like they don't feel like they're being entertaining enough if they don't turn every fight into a life or death hit out. Then there is junior Fa who thinks abc boxing will do the job but they don't seem to take it on themselves to research elite boxing and think about what it takes to be a perfectionist. Trainers might be to blame but the boxers can't be that doltish that they just do what they're told and not see that elite level ability. Worrying signs

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 05-26-2017

Man, where do you start with Fa. He needed to dominate Sam with his size. Instead, he tried to cut off the ring, only to have Sam clinch him when he needed to. He should have walked through Sam. Schuster said as much. Where was his strong left jab and right cross? He threw it from his stomach sometimes. He needed to turn it over, as Angove would say. Fa needs to watch AJ video. That's how a big man should fight.

That said, he's still learning, and Sam was a good opponent for him. Durable and awkward. And don't get me started on Fa's body. As I said, look at AJ.

RE: Junior Fa - bopman - 05-27-2017

Aww man truth is NZ boxing is in the dark ages in training. Then the mindset of our fighters is just as bad. They dont study enough and everything from diet to fitness is shit. We are hust so far behind. I remeber training back in early 2000's and it was dark ages back then and nothing has really improved.

It goes back to when people say abs are genetic. Only the shape of the muscle is genetic and how big they potential can pop out. But real truth is if you dont have abbs then it one of two things: you aimt fit and dont train core or you dont eat well. In parkers case he is fit but is failing in diet. In Fa case its a bit of both but probably alot with diet.

Sorry for my rant but even trainers here need to skill up and open their mind to new training techniques. AJ is vonsatntly tested with new methods and his diet is impecable. Yes genetics plays apart but its truly down to his ability to stay ontop of his diet and train hard.

RE: Junior Fa - diehard - 05-27-2017

Agree with you 100% bopman.  Fa has been given a golden opportunity by diBella (I think).  He needs to do everything in his power to seize this opportunity.  The latest training regime's means nothing to me if it doesn't improve your performance.  I'm behind Fa 100%.  Just want to see him improve.

Have a look at these abs: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/brook-spence-groves-chudinov-make-weight-405510 

RE: Junior Fa - NakiFan - 05-28-2017

RE: Junior Fa - Justapakeha - 05-28-2017

Jesus. I never really knew what trainers were trying to achieve when shouting 'don't wait' to their boxers. This Junior Fa performance just cleared that up for me. He was waiting all night except for the 1st half of the 1st round.