NZBoxChat
AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN (/showthread.php?tid=956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - African Monkey - 07-10-2022

(07-07-2022, 11:50 AM)diehard Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 07:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote: Usyk has been everywhere in the world at CW and HW and won in everyone's backyard. He's only really struggled against small pressure fighters like Chisora and Briedis.

What makes you think AJ can change his game? He's got a poor gas tank and an average chin so we're not gonna all of a sudden see him try and push Usyk back constantly as he doesn't know how to, and Usyk is too clever to be backed up in straight lines, where we'll see him constantly changing angles which gave AJ fits.

Usyk is a generational talent, one of the best we'll ever see, and I back him to beat Fury as well.

Chisora and Briedis (you can add Witherspoon to the list) are the reasons why AJ wins the rematch.  He just didn't look that good against them.  Against AJ, he had the fight of his life, and good on him.  Perfect strategy, counters and angles.  Let's see how AJ does when he changes it up and goes after him like the aforementioned three up above.  Fury would toy with Usyk.

Don't know why everyone thinks AJ has a poor chin.  He's only been KO'd once.  He survived Usyk and Klit, both who had him hurt.  I'd rate it average.

AJ doesn't fight like Chisora and Breidis and never will, so that arguent is null and void imo, and no he did not have the fight of his life against AJ, he just rises to the occasion and has done it time and time again, and all in the opponents backyard too, and if we're going with Fury being a league above the best southpaw in the world Usyk, then why did he go life and death with Otto Wallin, the last southpaw he faced? He just barely got out of that fight and Usyk is miles ahead of Wallin, who is solid fringe top 10 but nothing more.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Infern0 - 07-11-2022

(07-10-2022, 10:11 PM)African Monkey Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 11:50 AM)diehard Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 07:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote: Usyk has been everywhere in the world at CW and HW and won in everyone's backyard. He's only really struggled against small pressure fighters like Chisora and Briedis.

What makes you think AJ can change his game? He's got a poor gas tank and an average chin so we're not gonna all of a sudden see him try and push Usyk back constantly as he doesn't know how to, and Usyk is too clever to be backed up in straight lines, where we'll see him constantly changing angles which gave AJ fits.

Usyk is a generational talent, one of the best we'll ever see, and I back him to beat Fury as well.

Chisora and Briedis (you can add Witherspoon to the list) are the reasons why AJ wins the rematch.  He just didn't look that good against them.  Against AJ, he had the fight of his life, and good on him.  Perfect strategy, counters and angles.  Let's see how AJ does when he changes it up and goes after him like the aforementioned three up above.  Fury would toy with Usyk.

Don't know why everyone thinks AJ has a poor chin.  He's only been KO'd once.  He survived Usyk and Klit, both who had him hurt.  I'd rate it average.

AJ doesn't fight like Chisora and Breidis and never will, so that arguent is null and void imo, and no he did not have the fight of his life against AJ, he just rises to the occasion and has done it time and time again, and all in the opponents backyard too, and if we're going with Fury being a league above the best southpaw in the world Usyk, then why did he go life and death with Otto Wallin, the last southpaw he faced? He just barely got out of that fight and Usyk is miles ahead of Wallin, who is solid fringe top 10 but nothing more.

Usyk is the far more consistent fighter than Fury

Usyk is a consummate professional who trains every day, has probably never had a drop of alcohol in his life and drills the same moves 10s of 1000s of times in the gym. 

Fury doesn't train between fights, drinks, blows up in weight and can have off nights. 

But his off nights don't come against his best opponents, they come against the guys he's easily expected to beat. 

Usyk is a masterful boxer, Fury is an unbelievable fighter. And the fighter would win if they clashed,because he'd turn it into something not much resembling a boxing match. 

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-11-2022

Agree totally. But does Usyk beat AJ? I think no, only because it's do or die for AJ. And Usyk has the distraction of the Ukraine.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - bart - 07-12-2022

Usyk will be inspired by Ukraine
AJ will try to over power him and walk onto punches
Usyk by stoppage

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 11:18 AM)bart Wrote: Usyk will be inspired by Ukraine
AJ will try to over power him and walk onto punches
Usyk by stoppage

AJ definitely will. But I think AJ hurts and stops him before being gassed. Would be interested in seeing the odds. I think it's a 50/50 fight.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-12-2022

Usyk odds-on favourite for rematch

Usyk is odds-on at 1/2 to beat the 32-year-old via any method in August, while Joshua is 7/4 to defeat his Usyk in the eagerly anticipated rematch. The draw is currently priced at 16/1.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Infern0 - 07-16-2022

(07-12-2022, 12:11 PM)diehard Wrote: Usyk odds-on favourite for rematch

Usyk is odds-on at 1/2 to beat the 32-year-old via any method in August, while Joshua is 7/4 to defeat his Usyk in the eagerly anticipated rematch. The draw is currently priced at 16/1.

Probably worth a speculative bet, I need to see more in the build up though, as we get closer to the fight. Its the mental game for Joshua, I think he's gone into the ring tense and nervous a few times lately, if he's going to beat Usyk he's got to go in there calm and expecting to take a few hits himself. 

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-16-2022

I suspect the odds will even up come fight night. But you can always take this bet early...

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-26-2022

https://www.boxing247.com/press-boxing/tickets-on-sale-now-for-usyk-vs-joshua-2/82714

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-26-2022

https://www.boxingscene.com/usyk-it-really-difficult-fight-me-afterward-hotel-i-fell-asleep-sitting-up--167868