NZBoxChat
AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN (/showthread.php?tid=956)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-01-2022

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/06/30/joshua-desperate-to-become-world-heavyweight-champ-again/

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Infern0 - 07-06-2022

Got this weird feeling AJ is going to win. The level he is being written off to is absurd, he had his moments in the first fight and has left Usyk's face permenantly scarred.

He's expected to lose, has nothing to lose, can't possibly perform worse and has a more creative offensive trainer finally.

Usyk seems to have gained MORE weight which I don't think is smart, he took 4 rounds off in the first fight, and now he wants to gain more poundage now he's another year into his mid 30s. I also get the feeling Usyk actually isn't taking AJ that seriously which I think is mad.

Idk it just feels like AJ is taking this one

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-06-2022

He is Infern0. He'll stop Usyk late. Usyk is otherwise occupied, and AJ has his career on the line. Which would lead to a trilogy. AJ is just too big for him if AJ decides to go for it.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - African Monkey - 07-06-2022

Usyk stops him this time. There's levels to this game and AJ is not on Usyk's. Usyk is far too quick for him, and made AJ look clueless in there, and has already shown that he can take AJs power and was very close to stopping him in the last round of their last fight.

He's had a decent career, but AJ is nowhere near as dominant as the beast Hearn and the rest of matchroom made him out to be earlier in his career.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - bart - 07-06-2022

pretty much agree with the above

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-06-2022

That's two for Usyk, two for AJ. I'm partly basing AJ winning on the fact that Usyk hasn't looked very good up until he fought AJ, with AJ having a poor night and Usyk fought out of his skin. AJ changes up his game, and AJ wins. Usyk wasn't able to counter and stop him until he almost did in the 12th. Can't seeing it getting to that point.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - African Monkey - 07-07-2022

Usyk has been everywhere in the world at CW and HW and won in everyone's backyard. He's only really struggled against small pressure fighters like Chisora and Briedis.

What makes you think AJ can change his game? He's got a poor gas tank and an average chin so we're not gonna all of a sudden see him try and push Usyk back constantly as he doesn't know how to, and Usyk is too clever to be backed up in straight lines, where we'll see him constantly changing angles which gave AJ fits.

Usyk is a generational talent, one of the best we'll ever see, and I back him to beat Fury as well.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - bart - 07-07-2022

Yip not sure how he goes with Fury - when i picture that fight its a tactical bore fest with possibly Fury leaning 270 pounds ontop of Usyk to tire him .....
AJ to me needs a early KO otherwise it will be a long painful night for him

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - diehard - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 07:56 AM)African Monkey Wrote: Usyk has been everywhere in the world at CW and HW and won in everyone's backyard. He's only really struggled against small pressure fighters like Chisora and Briedis.

What makes you think AJ can change his game? He's got a poor gas tank and an average chin so we're not gonna all of a sudden see him try and push Usyk back constantly as he doesn't know how to, and Usyk is too clever to be backed up in straight lines, where we'll see him constantly changing angles which gave AJ fits.

Usyk is a generational talent, one of the best we'll ever see, and I back him to beat Fury as well.

Chisora and Briedis (you can add Witherspoon to the list) are the reasons why AJ wins the rematch.  He just didn't look that good against them.  Against AJ, he had the fight of his life, and good on him.  Perfect strategy, counters and angles.  Let's see how AJ does when he changes it up and goes after him like the aforementioned three up above.  Fury would toy with Usyk.

Don't know why everyone thinks AJ has a poor chin.  He's only been KO'd once.  He survived Usyk and Klit, both who had him hurt.  I'd rate it average.

RE: AJ/Usyk Sunday. DAZN - Infern0 - 07-09-2022

(07-06-2022, 08:54 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Usyk stops him this time. There's levels to this game and AJ is not on Usyk's. Usyk is far too quick for him, and made AJ look clueless in there, and has already shown that he can take AJs power and was very close to stopping him in the last round of their last fight.

He's had a decent career, but AJ is nowhere near as dominant as the beast Hearn and the rest of matchroom made him out to be earlier in his career.

I don't think he proved he can take AJ's power as AJ didn't really land anything meaningful, it was a few jabs and a couple of chuffing shots (which I think still hurt Usyk a bit more than he let on) 

I think in this fight just by law of averages AJ will land a flush right hand and it'll be the beginning of the end. 

As far as fury goes, nah no chance. Fury fought and struggled early with Cunningham who is faster than Usyk and he learned the remedy for that on the job, Usyk just gets drowned in that one. 

He's a great fighter, but even Evander didn't beat all the heavyweights because he couldn't, I see Usyk having a holyfield like career he will win some and lose some.