NZBoxChat
Parker/Chisora - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker/Chisora (/showthread.php?tid=938)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 04-22-2021

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/124918186/the-boy-hasnt-got-much-heart--dereck-chisora-questions-joseph-parkers-fortitude

RE: Parker/Chisora - bart - 04-25-2021

Chisora big time believes he has JP number.....I hope JP is mentally prepared to go through hell

RE: Parker/Chisora - African Monkey - 04-25-2021

Just move Chisora around and he should be fine. Chisora has shown that he doesn't cut the ring off well and gets despondant very quickly if you don't stay in the pocket and go toe to toe with him.

It's an easy nights work for Parker if he wants it to be and doesn't fight the way Chisora wants him to.

Yeah your right AF
Its step up time for JP he needs to show he can be a top 5 contender

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 03:24 PM)bart Wrote: Chisora big time believes he has JP number.....I hope JP is mentally prepared to go through hell

Chisora believes he has EVERYONE'S number. Of course, he DOES have Takam's number!

Boxing: Joseph Parker wants to fight Tyson Fury, even though Briton is in his 'tribe'

Heavyweight Joseph Parker reveals there’s a lot more than just the title on the line in his next fight against Dereck Chisora.
By: Gareth A Davies of the Telegraph

Joseph Parker's close relationship to boxers from the Traveller community, including Tyson Fury and Andy Lee, has been enhanced by his own Samoan ancestry and understanding of the tribalism of Oceania, the former heavyweight world champion said this week as he prepared to meet Dereck Chisora in Manchester next Sunday.

Parker is friends with Fury, the self-styled "Gypsy King", Billy Joe Saunders and former middleweight world champion Lee, who is now his trainer.

He said the "connection" with Fury began in Manchester in 2017, when the New Zealand-based Samoan successfully defended his World Boxing Organisation heavyweight crown against Hughie Fury, Tyson's cousin. They all did a haka together post-fight.

"The fight with [Hughie] Fury was the first time I ever met Tyson. And then, after it was the result they didn't want, they were able to put that aside and come to the room and just chill and celebrate and do the most awful haka I've ever seen. I stopped doing it because I knew it was that bad," laughed Parker.

"That's the point where we started this great friendship and sort of brotherhood."

Talking of his closeness to the Traveller fighters, he said: "It is like a tribe. In New Zealand we have Maori, we have a very diverse community. Everyone sticks with their tribe. Tyson, there's Billy Joe, there's Andy Lee, I feel like I fit right in - not necessarily their tribe - but we understand each other. We get along very well and I feel very fortunate and blessed to train alongside them. It's something new and something different. It's always great to learn from cultures and tribes."

Yet victory over Chisora could propel Parker towards reclaiming a world title and, in spite of the friendship with Fury, it is a prospect Parker relishes.

"I've always said I would love to fight the best, and him and Anthony Joshua are the best in the world. He's made it clear to me that he will never fight me and he doesn't see a reason to fight me.

"I respect that. If I want to fight him, I can keep calling him out. If he doesn't want to fight, that's his own decision."

As the official announcement of Fury vs Joshua approaches, Parker added: "I'm a little biased, I'm close to Tyson. I back Fury and I feel he could get a stoppage. But if I had my choice, I would like to rematch Joshua."

Parker reveals brutal message from Fury ahead of do-or-die fight

But back to Chisora, and the date with destiny next Sunday.

"I'm looking forward to it," Parker said. "Andy is a very good teacher. My style hasn't changed a lot, but it's improved and looks a lot better. I feel like I'm at the beginning of my career again."

Book the Parker v Chisora Earlybird Pay-Per-View for $39.99 on Spark Sport.

Hmm beat Chisora first!!
And the real reason TF shows no interest in the fight is.... no interest in it- would be a marketing nightmare.
Tyson would have more interest in fighting the big fella from UFC after AJ

Wouldn't mind AJ or Fury fighting Wilder in-between their fights, assuming the AJ/Fury fights don't have to happen one right after the other. Bet Usyk/Joyce and Whyte would have something to say about that too. How about the Whyte/Wilder winner fights the AJ/Fury winner for all the titles???

Yeah that sounds good
who should JP target??
Winner of Ruiz v Arreloa would be good but difficult to make with the promoters.
Winner of Hgoyvic v Hunter...
those are excellent non title HW fights
As Chisora said in an interview forget the belts just have good fights- being mandatory etc is a curse- it means you will sit on your hands for 2 years plus waiting- getting old and losing your prime

Usyk
Whyte
Ruiz