NZBoxChat
Parker/Chisora - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker/Chisora (/showthread.php?tid=938)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 12-20-2021

(12-20-2021, 08:15 PM)bart Wrote: Yeah Agree re Joyce why would he fight JP unless for title or eliminator ?
A euro fighter???
Helenius... JP should out speed him
Hygovic probablytoo risky for both atm

Why would Joyce fight Debois, or anybody?  $$$.  If the money is right, and it's in the UK, I can see him doing it.  I think Helenius had some kind of belt, so JP fighting him would be good.  Hrgovic is a beast, but JP has already fought Chisora twice, so might as well fight another beast.  Hrgovic is more talented though.  I think JP beats him.  Who has he fought?  No one in the top 10:  https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/813758

RE: Parker/Chisora - Kiwi - 12-20-2021

At this moment there is no way of knowing if Hrgovic is not just another

Alexander Dimitrenko

RE: Parker/Chisora - Beefstew - 12-21-2021

Id rather see him fight Dominic Brezeale as there was some beef between the two after the Izu fight. Or a rematch with Carlos Takam. Or maybe someone like Johann Duhaupas.
Theres no need to risk his spot at the moment unless its for a mandatory position.

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 12-21-2021

I think Hrgovic might be another Kownacki. Helenius showed him.

Good article about Parker's possible opponents. He needs to continue to fight the elite to keep his motivation and newfound skills strong. Parker talks about the added weight. Ok, but turn more of it into muscle, and don't forget the cardio.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/127341756/bulkedup-joseph-parker-likes-feel-of-his-new-frame

RE: Parker/Chisora - bart - 12-21-2021

(12-21-2021, 09:37 AM)diehard Wrote: I think Hrgovic might be another Kownacki. Helenius showed him.

Very possibly... they say everyone avoiding Hygovic (ok poss Hunter did) but really he is untested and has not even fought anyone .
JP was fighting a higher standard at this stage and he was only early 20's.
Maybe they are not convinced he can step up yet....
Just seems very protected if he was keen for a tough night Takam would fight him- Chisora would (in UK on PPV)
No he fought Molina who shows up out of shape and asks what round you want me to lie down

Alen Babic also got found out, as Spilmont hurt him and had him in trouble:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/852032

RE: Parker/Chisora - bart - 12-21-2021

Yeah I was cheering for Splimont even though i don't hate Babic.
I thought Splimont showed better skills and was going to KO Babic but conditioning and relentlessness won it .
Splimont would do ok with some decent strength and conditioning training as boxing wise he looked quite schooled

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 12-22-2021

Parker looked good, but let's put this in perspective. Chisora barely makes the top 15 in the alphabets, and has lost 12 times now. But Parker did what he was supposed to do. I'd like Parker to continue to fight that type of fighter: a big slugger.

RE: Parker/Chisora - diehard - 12-22-2021

World title eliminator bell tolls for Joseph Parker
Duncan Johnstone
07:47, Dec 22 2021

Joseph Parker’s big win over Derek Chisora has him well-placed for a second run at a world title.
Unbeaten Croatian Filip Hrgovic is keen to take on Joseph Parker in a IBF world title eliminator as suggested by British promoter Eddie Hearn.

Hearn talked up the prospect of Parker taking on Hrgovic after the New Zealand heavyweight scored an impressive unanimous points win over Derek Chisora in Manchester last Sunday.

And the idea has struck a chord with the Hrgovic camp who are keen to push their man towards a world title. “Love Filip Hrgovic v Joseph Parker as a final eliminator,” the Sauerland brothers, who manage Hrgovic, tweeted to Hearn.

Hearn, in looking quickly at options for the improved Parker on the back of his rejuvenated performance had said: “Joseph Parker wants another shot. There is a queue for the titles. Maybe a final eliminator with Filip Hrgovic for the IBF is an option.

“I like that, I think it’s a really good fight. The winner obviously gets a big split with the IBF to fight the winner of AJ versus Usyk, so it’s a big fight.”

Winning the eliminator would put mandatory challenge pressure on whoever wins the rematch between current IBF champion Oleksandr Usyk, who also holds the WBO and WBA belts, and Anthony Joshua.

Hrgovic, a bronze medalist at the 2016 Rio Olympics, is 14-0 with his latest win coming via knockout against Serbia-born German Emir Ahmatovic in Las Vegas earlier this month.

His resume isn’t deep with his highest profile wins coming against American journeymen Kevin Johnson and Eric Molina. Parker would be a huge step up in class.

The Parker camp need to consider their options carefully now. His stocks have raised on the back of his second win over British crowd favourite Chisora, and he needs to cash in.

There is huge risk and reward involved now for Parker as he has positioned himself well amongst the title contenders below belt holders Usyk and Tyson Fury, the WBC champion.

A Parker v Hrgovic promotion doesn’t have the marketability of other names raised by Hearn like Andy Ruiz Jr, Luis Ortiz or Deontay Wilder.

There is also the worthy option of Britain’s Joe Joyce, who is one place above Parker in the WBO rankings and could provide an eliminator route to that belt.

Joyce has been keen to fight Parker for some time and the right time may be now. It’s a fight that would certainly be attractive to the British audience where Parker has bedded in his name and personality.

Joyce, who won the silver medal at the Rio Olympics, is 13-0 as a professional.

Hearn’s suggestion of Hrgovic has a personal twist to it. The promoter is under pressure to find better fights for the 1.98m fighter dubbed “The Animal”.

Ahead of his December 4 fight, Hrgovic voiced his frustrations at Hearn, saying: “I don’t know what is going on. You (Hearn) are the biggest promoter in the world. I hope you find someone to fight me.

“I am looking forward to big fights, and I am ready for anyone. I know I have the quality and talent to become the best fighter in the world.”

Hrgovic’s co-manager Nisse Sauerland, backed that up, complaining at how fighters had been dodging his man.

“It has been a frustrating time for Filip, the whole IBF situation, we went through the top 15 I think twice, no-one wants to fight Filip,” Sauerland said.

“Next year someone is going to have to fight him for the mandatory and I believe you are looking at the new world champ. 2022 is going to be Filip Hrgovis’s year.”