NZBoxChat
Parker vs Fa - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Parker vs Fa (/showthread.php?tid=906)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Parker vs Fa - diehard - 02-26-2021

Here are the other weights:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/124368415/bro-im-coming-to-knock-you-out-parker-fa-set-the-tone-as-exchamp-concedes-big-weight-advantage

RE: Parker vs Fa - Steven - 02-26-2021

$49.99

And naturally my NZ DAZN account will not get it because of that price gouging.

RE: Parker vs Fa - diehard - 02-26-2021

(02-26-2021, 06:18 PM)Steven Wrote: $49.99

And naturally my NZ DAZN account will not get it because of that price gouging.

Mine either. I guess DAZN doesn't apply for NZ fight shows. Bummer. I will say that the undercard is much better than previously said. I think the fight goes for 5 hours. I think I'll watch the Warriors trial game and then switch over. Watch the rest of it on tape Sunday.

RE: Parker vs Fa - diehard - 02-27-2021

Fa outweighs Parker by 20 pounds

Heavyweight Junior Fa weighed in at 260.3 pounds, 20.3 pounds heavier than former WBO heavyweight champion Joeseph Parker, who scaled in at 240. Parker (27-2, 21 KOs) and Fa (19-0, 10 KOs) will fight for the vacant WBO Oriental heavyweight title on Saturday at the Spark Arena in Auckland, New Zealand. DAZN will stream the event in the U.S. at 1:30AM ET/10:30PM PT.

“Junior’s a tough fighter,” said Parker. “I’ve known this from our amateur days and I always knew our paths would cross again. He’s undefeated and poses a real threat to my hopes of becoming a two-time heavyweight world champion.

“But I’ve been up against the best and I’ve performed on the big occasions, and these experiences will put me in a great position to overcome Junior and take the next step towards winning another world title.

“It’s been a long training camp, but I feel like I’m firing on all cylinders,” added Parker. “The sparring has been quality to help me prepare. With Matchroom’s blessing and backing, this gives the fight more worldwide exposure. All eyes will be on during a busy boxing weekend around the globe.

“I know Junior pulled out of the fight last year with health issues, but I’m feeling way better myself as well, the extra time allowed me to have minor surgery on my elbow which has cleared up a niggling injury.

“Junior is getting a lot of confidence from the amateur days but I’m a totally different animal now. We’re going to see the best Junior Fa. He brings height, reach and an undefeated record.

“If I lose this fight, it’s a long way back to the top. I’m not putting extra pressure on myself, but I know the magnitude of this fight. If I let my hands go in there, it will do a lot of damage, I want to get him out of there.

“I’m still young and hungry. There’s plenty of goals to achieve still. I want to be Champion of the World again; I want to provide my family with a comfortable life. To achieve both of those objectives, I need to beat Junior.

“The division is on fire at the minute, it would be great to see the Undisputed fight with ‘AJ’ and Fury but make no mistake, I want another shot. I’m not shy about jumping in with anyone, but I can’t overlook Junior first of all, I want to make a statement at Spark Arena.”

RE: Parker vs Fa - faimoko - 02-27-2021

Parker by tko round 4 its about level..you guys know that..lol

RE: Parker vs Fa - Kiwi - 02-27-2021

Fai - you been livin in Siberia??

Where you been, man??

RE: Parker vs Fa - craigyid14 - 02-27-2021

One more sleep, alarm set. I'm buzzing for this fight. I guess you guys have got to try spend the day trying not to drink too much....

RE: Parker vs Fa - bart - 02-27-2021

lol keeping busy. great to have a meaningful fight to watch- important for both fighters futures

I had to pay faimoko money to come on here again after his world tour. Hope he uses it wisely. Welcome back fai! And as for the rest of you pundits, let's hope we get a great fight, no matter who wins.

Joseph Parker v Junior Fa: Expert picks
27 Feb, 2021 09:50 AM

Joseph Parker and Junior Fa square off in the biggest boxing event in New Zealand for more than a decade.

We've tracked down some of the best boxing minds in the business to give you the inside word on which fighter has the best chance of wining tonight.

Shane "Mountain Warrior" Cameron (former heavyweight champ)

Probably Parker

"On paper Joseph should have too much experience for Junior. He's had a lot of big fights now. Junior has had 19 – but against a different calibre of opponent. That's on paper. It's all on the night though, man."

Lance Revill (Commonwealth Games medallist, boxing icon)

Maybe Fa on points

"I've reffed both [and] Fa can really box. If he gets his jab going he can win. The trouble is he is coached by a kickboxer… the sports are very different. Kickboxers jump around a lot which doesn't help punching power. It will go the distance."

Chris Mirams (boxing journalist)

Parker by KO, round nine

"It's a mismatch. Parker is far too experienced and his punch too powerful. Parker's worst opponent of late, Hughie Fury, is streets ahead of Fa's best opponent. Fa is lucky to get a payday like this."

Daniella Smith - Former IBF world champion

Parker to win

"I believe Joseph will be too experienced as a professional fighter for Junior. Parker has boxed top tier fighters and I know first hand that he has trained the house down for this fight."

Patrick McKendry (sports writer)

Parker by TKO, maybe as early as round five

"Somewhere in the middle rounds Parker will catch Fa, hurt him, and quickly follow up forcing the ref to stop it."

Liam Napier (NZ Herald)

Parker in the fifth

"Joseph Parker has fought a much higher class of opposition. Fa's mystery illness sounds as if it could be a significant disadvantage."

Dylan Cleaver (NZ Herald)

Parker in the third

"Parker is too experienced in big moments, and angry enough to make an early statement."