NZBoxChat
NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. (/showthread.php?tid=778)

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - diehard - 11-12-2020

Friday, November 13th

Sky City Theatre, Auckland, New Zealand
New Zealand Sky Sport 1

super welter Andrei Mikhailovich 12 0 0
S
Marcus Heywood 4 2 1
pro boxing

vacant New Zealand Professional Boxing Commission Super Welter Title
cruiser David Light 15 0 0
S
Lance Bryant 12 7 0
pro boxing

New Zealand Professional Boxing Commission Cruiser Title
light Nort Beauchamp 18 2 0
S
Richie Hadlow 1 0 0
pro boxing

Mea Motu 1 0 0
S
Sally Kaokao debut
pro boxing

cruiser John Parker 4 0 0
S
Jason Tuala 2 1 0
pro boxing

light heavy Jerome Pampellone 26 6 0
S
Jayden Ball 4 3 0
am boxing

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - diehard - 11-12-2020

A few mis-matches there, which I hate, but Light/Bryant should be a good one if Bryant still has something left.

Note that it's on Sky Sport 1.

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - craigyid14 - 11-13-2020

I think the Light/Bryant match is the biggest mis match, the Mikhailovich will be interesting until I think Heywood runs out of gas but the one I'm worried about is the Beauchamp/Hadlow fight. On paper it looks a horrible mis match but Hadlow was a good amateur and his odds have been falling for days. I've managed to have a bet on the fights and this has got me worried a bit. I might have to try and do a bit of digging. Heard anything?

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - diehard - 11-13-2020

Well, I hope you're wrong, and Bryant brings it. What is your bet, craig? You're in the UK, right? Is there any way you can watch it? I'll be at a play that Mrs D wrote and directed, and will have to tape it and watch it tomorrow.

Here's hoping for great fights!

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - justafan - 11-13-2020

It's a bloody good card for someone promoting their first show on their own accord, so I believe.
Correct Craigy, Nort and Richie will be fight of the night no doubt about it. Both fiery and both showmen.
Nort giving away a huge advantage by going up in weight. Richie was the better amateur and Nort hasn't had a decent fight in a long time so it's more even than their records show.
I don't want to call it as they are both champion blokes but neither guy winning would shock me, put it that way.
Lance Bryant took an injury into the last fight on the Duco card in Christchurch so he could hopefully give Light some decent rounds this time around but Light will be way too good. Huge respect to Bryant for stepping up when Light really had nobody else to fight in these Covid times.
There are some rumours floating around about Heywood and about bets going on etc. I can't see how where or how he beats Andrei myself but I'm told there is some confidence in their camp and if that's the case then I'm sure people like Chris Martin have forgotten more than I'll ever know about boxing so got to give him a slim chance.
I'm sure he won't disgrace himself by any stretch and will make the rounds competitive for as long as the fight goes but I think Andrei will simply be too good.
I can't get it out of my head that Heywood lost to Jerome Pascua last year (no disrespect to Jerome but he's nowhere near Andrei's current level.)
Heywood looked good in the draw that I thought he won against Shay Brock since then but Andrei is riding a wave of confidence and seemingly getting better and better and more importantly learning all the time.
Looking forward to seeing Jerome Pampellone in action but a real shame Hemi is no longer on this card.
Sorry for the rant but as you can probably tell, I'm looking forward to this

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - craigyid14 - 11-14-2020

2 weight divisions was too much for Beauchamp in the end, I lost £50 (NZ$100). I had a multibet, Mikhailovich,Light & Beauchamp. C'est la vie. Great post by the way Justafan & die, I hope the missus play went down well.

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - African Monkey - 11-14-2020

Quite enjoyed the card myself. Beauchamp v Hadlow could have gone either way and Mikhailovich did enough despite struggling at the weight as he really began to gas towards the end. Pampellone looks the goods that's for sure.

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - diehard - 11-14-2020

Just finished the fights. Man, I wuz wrong. Beauchamp looked the goods on paper, but never should have gone up in weight classes. With very little power to begin with, going up in weight was a problem.

Light is the real deal. I didn't realise that Bryant is 40 years old now. He's got nothing left, and should retire. Parker needs to step up in competition. They keep talking about his following the rules at Team Parker, and wasn't there something weird he did in Joe's camp several years ago? Thrown off a plane or something? What is/wuz his issue???

All in all, a good night of boxing. Well done, Danielle Smith.

Craig, sorry to hear that you lost your bet. Yes, Mrs D's play went well. Last nite tonite. An 8 day run at BATS.

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - justafan - 12-06-2020

The Butcher is back and it's a rematch and a bloody tough fight. Really hope we get to see this one in NZ!
https://boxrec.com/en/event/819660

RE: NZ boxing - News,Views and gossip. - craigyid14 - 12-07-2020

I see this, I can't really get excited about it though.