NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 02-05-2018

I can understand izu wanting an easier opponent than someone like wach for a comeback i think its fair enough but i hope he stays active and has another fight within 2-3 months after

RE: Izu Ugonoh - African Monkey - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 03:37 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Izu was still with KB in Sept.

Are you sure he has split??

I read it somewhere, I'll try find the article.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - mippy - 02-05-2018

I think Barry coached Izu fairly well. Before the loss he looked like a fairly complete fighter. It's not Barry's fault that he gassed so badly

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/boks-zawodowy/735701/izu-ugonoh-nie-chcial-walki-z-mariuszem-wachem

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-05-2018

Thanks African Monkey! Good find. Yeah, I think Izu should have stayed with KB, and with Joe. The two fed off each other, and I think Joe lost something when he didn't spar with him in his last few fights.

As for Izu, training in Vegas was very high profile, especially with a world champ.

I also heard that KB drops fighters who lose. He dropped that promising cruiser, who lost in his last fight.

(02-05-2018, 06:48 PM)diehard Wrote: I also heard that KB drops fighters who lose.  He dropped that promising cruiser, who lost in his last fight.

That's why I think Joe and KB will go their seperate ways and probably have a change in promoter as well if he goes down to AJ (which I think he will). He obviously has no time building guys back up. I'll be interested in seeing where Joe's career goes post AJ.

As for Izu, he needs to fight durable fighers who will give him rounds before stepping in with a top-tier opponent again. Going from fat Argentine middleweights to Dominic Breazeale was a bad move for Izu as it showed when Breazeale would get back up from getting hit as well as throwing plenty back in return which threw Izu into a world of panic as he did his utmost to get Breazeale out of there. If he was patient and used his brain he would have cruised to victory but ended up punching himself out trying to find the big KO. 

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Nablonicasso - 02-05-2018

It was a risky fight with a good potential payoff, had Breazeale stayed down in the early rounds then Izu could have leapfrogged Parker for a shot at AJ. Wouldacouldashouda....

RE: Izu Ugonoh - markk - 02-06-2018

(02-05-2018, 06:48 PM)diehard Wrote: Thanks African Monkey!  Good find.  Yeah, I think Izu should have stayed with KB, and with Joe.  The two fed off each other, and I think Joe lost something when he didn't spar with him in his last few fights.

As for Izu, training in Vegas was very high profile, especially with a world champ.

I also heard that KB drops fighters who lose.  He dropped that promising cruiser, who lost in his last fight.

i reckon it was moriaty that was the funder that decided was too much to rebuild and invested to a point and then when lost it was tim to move on. I bet Barry was just a small piece of the ownership structure and had no control there. all the same be nice to see him come back soon and be relevant of end of year

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-06-2018

Markk, what was too much to build? So he lost to Breazeale after almost KO'ing him. No big deal. He just needed to dust himself off, fight someone at a level below Breazeale, and continue fighting. Instead, he's been inactive for over a year, and is fighting a guy in Poland that is probably someone no one has heard of.

I'm no huge KB fan, but he had good connections, a good stable of fighters for sparring, and it was a bad time for him to jump ship. That's assuming that KB didn't drop him!

RE: Izu Ugonoh - markk - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 10:42 AM)diehard Wrote: Markk, what was too much to build? So he lost to Breazeale after almost KO'ing him. No big deal. He just needed to dust himself off, fight someone at a level below Breazeale, and continue fighting. Instead, he's been inactive for over a year, and is fighting a guy in Poland that is probably someone no one has heard of.

I'm no huge KB fan, but he had good connections, a good stable of fighters for sparring, and it was a bad time for him to jump ship. That's assuming that KB didn't drop him!

He is / was a haymon fighter but allot of guys are getting dropped at the moment by Hayman. If izu got dropped by Hayman then it would be very expensive to find opponents for izy to fight as well as paying izu purse . Possibly 200k US dollars. Not easy when you have talent coming off a loss from a business perspective . I think Barry did a good job with him as well. I think izu just went lactic from excitement. I was there at foght and it was amazing but lactic is not your friend in that square!!! I don't blame Barry for that at all