NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - NakiFan - 03-01-2017

I never had any issue with lactic acid when I was pruning pines up a ladder swinging a chainsaw around in my early 20's. I do remember, that a number of guys used to think they were fit, until they had to haul a days work of fuel/oil on their hips, carry a 2.1m ladder up and down gullys, climb up that ladder and use a chainsaw above their heads. They just couldn't keep up the pace like we could for hours on end.

I would have weighed in at CruiserWeight when I was pruning, but now I'm 107kg...

RE: Izu Ugonoh - shamrock - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 05:36 PM)NakiFan Wrote: I never had any issue with lactic acid when I was pruning pines up a ladder swinging a chainsaw around in my early 20's. I do remember, that a number of guys used to think they were fit, until they had to haul a days work of fuel/oil on their hips, carry a 2.1m ladder up and down gullys, climb up that ladder and use a chainsaw above their heads. They just couldn't keep up the pace like we could for hours on end.

I would have weighed in at CruiserWeight when I was pruning, but now I'm 107kg...

Well done naki, gotta luv ya

RE: Izu Ugonoh - NakiFan - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 05:42 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 05:36 PM)NakiFan Wrote: I never had any issue with lactic acid when I was pruning pines up a ladder swinging a chainsaw around in my early 20's. I do remember, that a number of guys used to think they were fit, until they had to haul a days work of fuel/oil on their hips, carry a 2.1m ladder up and down gullys, climb up that ladder and use a chainsaw above their heads. They just couldn't keep up the pace like we could for hours on end.

Well done naki, gotta luv ya

Shucks. Sorry, I was just reminiscing about the good old days. When we ate, Meat, Spuds and gravy, and sometimes wild goats when we remembered to bring the rifle. 

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 03-01-2017

My dad is a short fat guy in his 50's, im 6'2" 210 and gym 5 days a week but i cant keep up with him in a days labouring. Mind you id destroy him in the gym.

You get good at what you do consistently

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 07:28 PM)markk Wrote: lactic acid s the by product of using energy without oxygen. it can take months to get out of your system if you over do it in training. Looking at is shoots they were all at 100 percent. in a 400m race if you out hard you can never recover. id suggest that is what happened. every is a hard thing to control.  i guess Izu blew most guys away in 3 or 4 so never had to face him self. He definitely looked unto it from a skill point of view. i think he just was too excited and went lactic. I've seen guys in track have lactic issues for a long time and they have had to retire or move down a distance
"Since lactic acid disperses 30 minutes to an hour after your workout, stretching helps to release lactic acid, alleviating any burning sensations or muscle cramps you might be experiencing. Stretch your muscles lightly follow any intense exercise, and also use your fingertips to massage the area gently."

Chlorophyll extracts flush out lactic acid and.

Sham, as a world champion kickboxer, I'm sure Izu has learned to pace himself throughout his fights.  He simply didn't do it against Breazeale.  He saw red, as Rebel would say, went for the KO, and got KO'd.

Great days naki, had go down the hill one day to fetch rifle and shoot a deer. We did contract fencing and horse breaking, and to the gym most evenings. Great memories. There was nothing left on anyone's plate and in for seconds. Meat murphys and gravy every night, nothing better.

(03-01-2017, 06:26 PM)diehard Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 07:28 PM)markk Wrote: lactic acid s the by product of using energy without oxygen. it can take months to get out of your system if you over do it in training. Looking at is shoots they were all at 100 percent. in a 400m race if you out hard you can never recover. id suggest that is what happened. every is a hard thing to control.  i guess Izu blew most guys away in 3 or 4 so never had to face him self. He definitely looked unto it from a skill point of view. i think he just was too excited and went lactic. I've seen guys in track have lactic issues for a long time and they have had to retire or move down a distance
"Since lactic acid disperses 30 minutes to an hour after your workout, stretching helps to release lactic acid, alleviating any burning sensations or muscle cramps you might be experiencing. Stretch your muscles lightly follow any intense exercise, and also use your fingertips to massage the area gently."

Thanks Markk. I'm a lazy old bugger now and get lactic acid just thinking about doing anything. Funny enuff I prohibited my boys from massage believing it made one tired..

Sham, as a world champion kickboxer, I'm sure Izu has learned to pace himself throughout his fights.  He simply didn't do it against Breazeale.  He saw red, as Rebel would say, went for the KO, and got KO'd.

You'd think he'd know how to pace himself die. What was KB saying to him? 

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Westywarrior - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 06:46 PM)shamrock Wrote:

Hopefully not what he used to say to Tua
"I want you to go over there and knock him out"

(03-01-2017, 07:44 PM)Westywarrior Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:46 PM)shamrock Wrote:

Hopefully not what he used to say to Tua
"I want you to go over there and knock him out"

True Westy, KB is a worry