NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - NakiFan - 02-26-2017

A loss...but an important learning step.

With the backing of Al Hamon I wouldn't be surprised if Izu gets more opportunities at a higher level.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 03:58 PM)NakiFan Wrote: A loss...but an important learning step.

With the backing of Al  Hamon I wouldn't be surprised if Izu gets more opportunities at a higher level.

He's like 31 years old and he just got knocked out of the ring by a really out of shape version of a guy who got 7-0'd and ktfo by AJ (who everyone on here was criticizing for even fighting him)

Just accept that one of your boys has found his level, he's going to be a chinny, no stamina gatekeeper who will be in entertaining fights at the C grade level.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 04:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

With the backing of Al  Hamon I wouldn't be surprised if Izu gets more opportunities at a higher level.

He's like 31 years old and he just got knocked out of the ring by a really out of shape version of a guy who got 7-0'd and ktfo by AJ (who everyone on here was criticizing for even fighting him)

Just accept that one of your boys has found his level, he's going to be a chinny, no stamina gatekeeper who will be in entertaining fights at the C grade level.

Stamina should be relatively easy to work on. Izu definitely showed some decent skills in the ring, but he's never going to be a world beater with that chin imo. Breazeale does not hit hard compared to the elite guys.

I don't think "he has found his level", the fact is he was looking sharp, and had full control over Breazeale. He saw red when he got a couple of good rights through and went for the KO, gassed and was wide open. While I never thought Izu could make it all the way to holding a belt, he still could be there or thereabouts if he has a couple of followup wins from this point on. 

Whyte is a perfect example of getting back on the horse, and is being touted to fight Ortiz soon.

(02-26-2017, 04:13 PM)Msreef Wrote:

Stamina should be relatively easy to work on. Izu definitely showed some decent skills in the ring, but he's never going to be a world beater with that chin imo. Breazeale does not hit hard compared to the elite guys.

Not that kind of stamina, no doubt in my mind that Izu is an athlete in the gym, bet he can spar 15 rounds no problem. That's lights on bug time stamina, you can't do anything about it, he dropped his tank after 2 rounds, nervous energy. Some people just don't have it in the ring.

(02-26-2017, 04:17 PM)NakiFan Wrote:

I don't think "he has found his level", the fact is he was looking sharp, and had full control over Breazeale. He saw red when he got a couple of good rights through and went for the KO, gassed and was wide open. While I never thought Izu could make it all the way to holding a belt, he still could be there or thereabouts if he has a couple of followup wins from this point on. 

Whyte is a perfect example of getting back on the horse, and is being touted to fight Ortiz soon.

I just don't see it. If i was asked to look on the bright side however, they need to take the next year to put izu in 3-4 fights with guys such as dominic guinn, that guy hughie fury beat over 12 who i forget his name, fred kassi, sherman williams. those types. He needs to go 12 rounds several times before they step him back up.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 04:18 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 04:13 PM)Msreef Wrote:

Not that kind of stamina, no doubt in my mind that Izu is an athlete in the gym, bet he can spar 15 rounds no problem. That's lights on bug time stamina, you can't do anything about it, he dropped his tank after 2 rounds, nervous energy. Some people just don't have it in the ring.

The same thing happened in the Takam fight, difference was, Parker has a much better chin so got through it. Parker showed better stamina in the Ruiz fight, I'm sure Izu can get used to the bright lights if he continues to fight under them.

(02-26-2017, 04:20 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 04:17 PM)NakiFan Wrote:

I just don't see it. If i was asked to look on the bright side however, they need to take the next year to put izu in 3-4 fights with guys such as dominic guinn, that guy hughie fury beat over 12 who i forget his name, fred kassi, sherman williams. those types. He needs to go 12 rounds several times before they step him back up.

Yep. Agree. This setback will either make him hungry or we won't see much more of Izu again. I hope we do.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - African Monkey - 02-26-2017

There's similarities to David Price with the way Ugonoh was hyped. I'm very interested to see who he'll face next, as infern0 said Sherman Williams or Avery Gibson type opponents would be good for him for the time being.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Veritas - 02-27-2017

My Sky'd the fight and watch the event last night.

IMHO Izu simply lost the plot.  Emboldened by how easy Breazeale was to hit he threw all he had at the big man and in doing so, ran flat and paid the ultimate price!

No way he would have lost that fight if he had remained composed and boxed.  He was first to the punch very time, displayed nice effortless footwork and body movement and should have 'danced' the night away for an easy win.  Crazy!  KB will be pissed off with Izu..

While watching the fight I couldn't help but wondering.. how many of those overhand rights have landed on Parker's head over the past few years.  Quite a few I would think.  In fact, it appears to me that Izu is by far the more skillful of the two with Joe being tougher/harder/stronger.  Is there any footage out there of these two sparring up a storm..?

Once Wilder found his range it was all over!  He is very exposed and is begging for someone to lead with an overhand right as he extends his tracer jab..  AJ would put his lights out.  Could JP?  Yes, if he could throw that punch but, I haven't seen it in 99 rounds.  Anyway, first things first, Hughie Lewis (love that name) Fury will be no walk in the park for JP and - as stated on another thread - JP must stop this kid to beat him.. anything else and the Fury family will have their second champ.

V.