NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 02-12-2017

Id love for izu to be made wilders mandatory. Deontay would have to he dragged kicking and screaming to the ring

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-12-2017

I don't know if both being Haymon fighters makes it easier or harder for them to fight each other?

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 02-13-2017

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-13-2017

Thanks Msreef. Really good interview.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-13-2017

Believe it's gonna be on Sky Sport in NZ.  Izu and Fa are fighting:

Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Alabama, USA view event
Super Welterweight Jarrett Hurd 19 0 0 S Tony Harrison 24 1 0

Heavyweight Deontay Wilder 37 0 0 S Gerald Washington 18 0 1

WBC World heavyweight title
Heavyweight Dominic Breazeale 17 1 0 S Izuagbe Ugonoh 17 0 0

Super Featherweight Jorge Lara 28 0 2 S Jhon Gemino 15 7 1

Middleweight Alantez Fox 21 0 1 S Kenneth McNeil 10 2 0

Super Middleweight Caleb Plant 14 0 0 S Thomas Awimbono 25 6 1

Heavyweight Iago Kiladze 24 1 0 S Maurice Harris 26 21 3

Heavyweight Junior Fa 9 0 0 S Keith Barr 17 10 1

Heavyweight Robert Alfonso 10 0 0 S Keith Thompson 8 4 0

Light Heavyweight Michael Seals 20 1 0 S TBA

Cruiserweight Deon Nicholson 1 0 0 S Josh Rasberry debut

Middleweight Thomas Knox 1 0 0 S TBA

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-15-2017

Updated at 12:24 PM EST, Tue Feb 14, 2017 Read More By : Random Hits print this page

Breazeale Talks Ugonoh Fight, Szpilka, Loss To Joshua, More

Carson, California - In just under two weeks, former world title challenger Dominic "Trouble" Breazeale (17-1, 15 KO's) makes his anticipated return to the ring against Izu Ugonoh (17-0, 14 KO's) on February 25, 2017 in Birmingham, Alabama. The intriguing heavyweight match up is scheduled to open up the Premier Boxing Champions telecast on Fox Television. This will be Breazeale's first bout since taking on IBF world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua last summer in a courageous and spirited effort, which took place in London, England.

Since then, Breazeale has taken some well deserved time off and has been in camp for the last eight weeks, preparing for his return bout with world renowned trainer Manny Robles. The heavyweight contender took some time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions about his bout with Joshua, his training camp, and his upcoming bout with Ugonoh on February 25th.

How was your experience going to England and fighting for the IBF world heavyweight title against Anthony Joshua?

"You know, travelling to England and fighting for the world heavyweight title was a great experience. From the time I got off the plane, to going to the hotel and eating out and everyone knowing who you are, it was definitely a good experience. I came to England with hopes of bringing back the title to the United States, but unfortunately it didn't go as planned."

"But I earned the respect of the boxing world and I came to fight that night and didn't back down at all. I learned more from that one loss, then the seventeen combined fights I won. I realized that I was better than I thought I was. Since then, my stock has risen and I can't wait to get back out there in the ring and show everyone that I am deserving of another shot at the title whether it's a rematch against Joshua or a shot at Deontay Wilder or Jospeh Parker. I put the heavyweight division on notice that I am a legitimate contender."

You were originally supposed to fight Artur Szpilka. Why was there a switch in opponents?
"Yes, I was scheduled to fight Artur Szpilka and then I was told by my management that I would no longer be fighting him. I am not sure what issues he had or if was determined by others that it wouldn't be a good television fight due to his style. I was already in camp training with southpaws, so I prepared for Szpilka either way. Now we have moved on and are preparing for Ugonoh."

How is training camp going?

"Training camp is going really well. I was in camp before the fight was announced so I am in great shape. My coaches Manny Robles and Edgar Jasso have a great fight plan for me and my strength and conditioning is also going well with coach Darryl Hudson. We are going back to the basics and just trying to master the jab and the one-two followed up by great shots that will have my opponent hitting the canvas."

"One of my issues was just always trying to get that KO and thinking about it instead of just moving my hands and letting things open up. I have been working on that with my sparring partners and we are improving every day."
What do you know about your opponent Izu Ugonoh?

"To be honest, I never really heard of him until my management asked me if I wanted to fight him. I looked him up and saw some video footage of him. As I understand it, he used to be a kick boxer who transformed into a boxer. He has some boxing skills and it looks like it will be a great match up for the fans."

"Two heavyweights moving towards each other and throwing punches always has the possibility of fireworks and somebody getting knocked out. Coach Manny and I have reviewed film and we have a great plan come fight night. I clearly am the bigger and stronger fighter so I definitely think I have the edge."

How does it feel to have your bout being nationally televised live on Fox television?

"You know, I have been blessed to have my last four fights nationally televised on the Premier Boxing Champions series with this being the fifth. It feels great and I am thankful to my management for allowing me the platform to showcase my skills. I have a great fan base which has grown so much since my last fight and I am glad that they are able to continue to follow me and my continued success."

"It's awesome that this fight is on regular Fox and you don't need to have an expensive cable plan or pay to see the fights on February 25th. PBC is bringing it back to old days when you could see Muhammad Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard on regular television before cable was popular. Free boxing is great for the fans."

What are your expectations for the fight with Ugonoh and how it plays out?

"I'm coming to Alabama to win, plain and simple. Ugonoh has never been on a stage like this and I may put the gas on the pedal and pressure him a bit and let him know what it is like to be in the ring with a man who is 6'7", 250 pounds imposing his will on him. It is going to be 10 rounds of hell for him if he lasts that long."

"This is a must win for me if I expect to get another shot at the title and he is the next obstacle in the way. Come February 25th, the fans at the Legacy Arena in Alabama and people watching all over the world will be guaranteed a great fight."
- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/breazeale-talks-ugonoh-fight-szpilka-loss-joshua-more--113601#sthash.snoKTjXA.dpuf

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 02-15-2017

Deontay Wilder not worried about Gerald Washington’s height

Premier Boxing - February 14, 2017 0 Comments

Undefeated heavyweight world champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder hosted a jam-packed media workout Tuesday at Skyy Gym in Northport, AL as he prepares to defend his title in primetime on Saturday, February 25 in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes from Legacy Arena at the BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama.

Televised coverage on FOX and FOX Deportes begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and also features a pair of exciting matchups as rising super welterweight contenders Tony Harrison and Jarrett Hurd meet in a 12-round world title eliminator, plus hard-hitting Dominic Breazeale battles undefeated Izuagbe Ugonoh in heavyweight action.

Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and TBG Promotions in association with Bruno Event Team, start at $25 (not including applicable fees) and are on sale now. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster and by visiting AlabamaTitleFight.com.

Here is what the Alabama-native Wilder had to say Tuesday:

DEONTAY WILDER

“Gerald Washington is a tall, athletic fighter with good size and power. I don’t have the physical advantages and it’ll make the fight exciting. It’s two tall, athletic guys going at each other. It’s going to be an even playing field and there’s nothing like seeing a tall man go ‘timber’.

“I prefer fighting taller opponents. I can see a lot of things easier against a taller fighter. I take every fighter seriously, especially when they’re eye level. I know that I can be punished if I make a mistake and if their experienced enough to capitalize on it.

“Washington doesn’t know what’s coming for him. I think he’s overwhelmed with the excitement of having the opportunity to fight for a world title. He said a lot of similar things that I said coming up, but I don’t think he knows what February 25 has in store for him. He’s facing one of the most dangerous fighters in the division and I’m glad that he’s saying he’s ready.

“I’m glad there’s not going to be any excuses from Washington. I know he was already deep into training camp when he got the call. You have to always stay ready in this game. We’ve had the same amount of time to get ready as he has, so I’m not looking at this like a short notice fight.

“Injuring myself in back-to-back rounds last time out was something I hadn’t experienced before. To go out there and fight through so much pain was tough but I’m the champion. Nobody is going to beat me. They’re going to have to take me out of the ring to make me stop fighting. I’m showing each and every time that I’m meant to be doing.

“I think I’m close to unifying the belts. I think this year will be a big step forward. A lot of people are talking about it and my team is 100 percent on board with it. We’re taking the right approach to getting me in the position to get all the belts. There are going to be a lot of great heavyweight fights this year.

“The progression of my left hand as a power punch has gone really well. Everything was kind of a blessing in disguise because each time I’ve had an injury I’ve been able to develop my relationship with my left hand and I’m looking forward to displaying something a little different that I’m going to take advantage of.

“Everything is feeling really great right now but the real test will be when I get into the ring. We’ll see if I’m 100 percent. I’ve been giving it my all in training camp and we’ll really see how it holds up when my fist hits his face.”

ABOUT WILDER vs. WASHINGTON
Deontay Wilder vs. Gerald Washington is a heavyweight showdown between the WBC Champion Wilder and the unbeaten Washington that takes place Saturday, February 25 from the BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama. Coverage of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX & FOX Deportes begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and features a pair of exciting matchups as rising super welterweight contenders Tony Harrison and Jarrett Hurdmeet in a 12-round world title eliminator, plus hard-hitting Dominic Breazeale battles undefeated Izuagbe Ugonoh in heavyweight action.

Additional action on FS1 and FOX Deportes begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and features unbeaten super middleweight Caleb Plant battling Ghana’s Thomas Awimbono and undefeated knockout artist Jorge Lara facing Jhon Gemino.

Fans can live stream the fights on FOX Sports GO, available in English or Spanish through the FS1 or FOX Deportes feeds. The fight is available on desktop at FOXSportsGO.com and through the app store, or connected devices including Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Xbox One and Roku. In addition, the show will be simulcast on FOX Sports on SiriusXM channel 83 on satellite radios and on the SiriusXM app.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - newhobo46 - 02-16-2017

Until I saw Izu on you tube I had never seen him fight . I am impressed....he has the reach....good footwork...head movement....long arms and so much power in his right hand....Keep your distance Mr Parker

RE: Izu Ugonoh - bopman - 02-16-2017

Izu is Parkers training partner. You can put alot of Parkers success down to training alongside Izu

RE: Izu Ugonoh - shamrock - 02-16-2017

A hard man with skills and power. Has a great future if managed properly. Not much about him not to like. Am glad he got away from KBs one dimensional coaching techniques.