NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 12-01-2016

Duco only have themselves to blame. They are lucky Izu stuck with them as long as he did.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - gothenaki - 12-01-2016

Just spoke to Higgins on Radio Sport. He said "We have a fantastic relationship with Izu. There were budgetary constraints with this fight with Jeff Horn heading the undercard, but I think it's a bit early to be saying Izu is going anywhere else. He has his own management in Vegas, but I think it's a bit early - nothings set in stone - that's all I can say at the moment"

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 12-01-2016

Jeff horn sucks. I'd have much rather seen izu vs a decent opponent

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 12-02-2016

Oh, I think Horn keeps getting better against top gatekeepers. Including the one he's fighting next weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes against a title holder. He's far exceeded my expectations...

Sounds like Izu is testing the waters with promoters. Instead of Duco trying and failing to put him on NZ cards, he needs to put him on cards in NY and NJ where there are huge Polish fans. If KB says Izu is a future world champ, a sleeper in the heavyweight division, and a great body puncher, then he needs to fight top guys. Duco would make money off him if they promoted him on other cards, similar to what Top Rank is doing with Ruiz.

http://www.boxingscene.com/heavyweight-izuagbe-ugonoh-inks-pact-with-al-haymon--111290

RE: Izu Ugonoh - mippy - 12-02-2016

Good for Izu, hope he gets his opportunities next year. I'd love to see him be tested.

Gerald Washington, a heavyweight, as well as Wilder, is in Haymon's stable.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - diehard - 12-03-2016

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2016/12/01/izu-ugonoh-signs-haymon-boxing-next-great-heavyweight/

Izu Ugonoh signed a contract with Al Haymon. "I'll get the fight on as my potential"  Izu Ugonoh is undefeated for professional rings (© William Booth) Leading Polish heavyweight Izu Ugonoh (17-0, 14 KOs) on Thursday signed a contract with a leading American promoter Al Haymon. - This is a very influential man. The box has contacts everywhere. I did not have to convince him to my person, he knew me very much - he tells us born in Szczecin player, whose goal is the world title. Undefeated on the professional rings Ugohoh is currently in Poland, where he began his vacation. The last battle fought in October, when it defeated New Zealand experienced Frenchman Gregory Tony by technical knockout in the second round. He had to fight December 10 in Auckland at a gala during which his sparring partner and friend Joseph Parker will face Andy Ruiz Jr., a rate duel will be championship belt WBO world organization. Last week, however, he reported that the gala will not occur.  We not remarked. I expected to get a demanding opponent. I assumed a strong fight for a good finish 2016 years . Unfortunately, the promoters could not meet my requirements. Therefore, our paths diverged. But anybody for anything I do not blame. Each went his own way. They go about their business, and I am his. There was nothing that we involve, so I had a clear path - explains Ugonoh, which on Thursday officially ended cooperation with the New Zealand group promotorską Duco Events. Without promoter remained very briefly, after a few hours, it turned out that it has signed a contract with Al Haymon. American represents or represented the interests of many great fighters, among which are such names as Floyd Mayweather Jr., Antonio Tarver, Danny Garcia, Lamon Brewster, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Deontay Wilder, and the Poles even Andrzej Fonfara and Arthur Pin. - This is a very influential man . The box has contacts everywhere. Some time ago I had the opportunity to meet him. Just on possible cooperation. Everything went very nicely. I did not have, so to speak, to sell him. So convince him to my person. Haymon knew me very much - tells Izu. - It started with the fact that my manager was in contact with a close associate Haymon. When I went off the card fights ceremony in Auckland, they were made a few phone calls. Very quickly dogadaliśmy and my fate is changed - he added. - I should get a chance to develop. I struggle to measure my potential. It was important to me. As an athlete I need challenges. It's time to do that they are increasing. And that led to something. I dream of a chance to fight for the world title in the near future. But we start from the beginning. First, I want to take the first step. My immediate goal is to cool debut on American soil - emphasizes Izu, who wants to fight another fight in the first quarter of 2017 years. - I believe that this will be a great year for me. If I do my, I should get a chance - he added. Changing the promoter does not involve parting with the team Ugonoha. - Trainer Kevin Barry is. Do not change things that are working well. Certainly in my team anymore there will be new people. But the head coach is Kevin and he will continue to guide me - notes recorded boxer in the WBO rankings (12th place) and IBF (13th position).

This was translated from Polish into English, so it's a little awkward. But what was interesting is that Duco refused to get him a good opponent for December 10th, so he bailed. A future world champ, and Duco played the long game. They lost a good prospect. But he'll still train with Parker and KB will coach him.