NZBoxChat
Izu Ugonoh - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Izu Ugonoh (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Msreef - 10-28-2016

(10-28-2016, 06:59 PM)shamrock Wrote: Let's go back to JP, he only survived a lack lustre Takam in his best fight to date. I see AJ dispatching that Takam in 3 rounds with his Whyte fight in the background where he stopped the grudge ridden Whyte after being briefly paused with a wild right. I purposely can't see anyone else getting that close. Wlad did say he thought AJ the best of the up n comers. AJ has ended most of his fights in emphatic fashion. it was AJ made Martin look pedestrian.

Wait, so if Takam would only last three rounds with AJ, you must rate him much higher than Whyte. Can you tell me why? What opponents has he beaten, what skills has he shown?
Joshua wasn't briefly paused either, he went in to his shell for the rest of round two, and also round three.

If Whyte, who is lucky to be in the top 30, can trouble AJ and last 7 rounds with him, how can you confidently say that the only boxers that could cause AJ trouble are Ortiz and Wlad?

See here's who I'd pick over Parker right now: Povetkin, Ortiz, Fury and Haye. I think Wlad and Wilder are close fights and are tough to call against Parker. You often imply that most of us on this forum are Parker nut huggers, but since Parker is more proven and has beaten the better opponents, and since you only think Ortiz and Wlad could potentially cause AJ problems, doesn't that mean that if anybody is hyping any fighter, it's you hyping AJ?

RE: Izu Ugonoh - bopman - 10-28-2016

Are you serious about AJ beating Takam in 3. I think otherwise, Takam is a great mover and has a good engine on him. I think AJ might get him in the late rounds but definitely not in 3. He is far better than Breazeale.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - NakiFan - 10-28-2016

No way Takam gets owned in 3 rounds. On that thinking, Povetkin gets KOéd in 4 by AJ.

RE: Izu Ugonoh - Infern0 - 10-28-2016

I think me and sham think on the same page.

In my opinion parker is a very solid heavyweight, good all rounder with quick hands and decent power.

Joshua on the other hand I see as genuine top tier. He has elite level power with a great delivery platform behind it.

Big question marks over Joshua's toughness and chin but I've seen him go to war with Roberto cammarele and take big shots and push him back and hurt him so to me it's not a worry. 0

It still needs to be proven by form but to me joshua passes the eye test a lot better than parker. I don't feel there is any aspect to Parkers game that is truly elite level world class.

And as for izu, I can't tell you anything because I've never seen him in a real fight

(10-28-2016, 09:02 PM)shamrock Wrote: I'd be confident that particular Takam wouldn't go past 7 with AJ. Sometimes you need to have confidence in what you see, Parker just doesn't enthuse me the way he ought to. Certainly an expression  of confidence in AJ gets the nuthuggars jumping in their seats. of course it's not my premise to label

ME neither. 

Takam is too easy to hit on the way in and not astute enough defensively to box on the Backfoot vs Joshua. 

I wasn't impressed in Parkers handling of him.

The image of Parker languishing on the ropes holding on for dear life as Takam chugged and couldn't land a finishing blow doesn't leave my mind.

He didn't win that fight looking like a champion,  but like a fellow contender with home advantage who just about edged it.

Then the fans getting gassed over sol and Dimitrenko (who was being talked about as an easy beat for 45 year old briggs)

RE: Izu Ugonoh - shamrock - 10-28-2016

Certainly identifies the men from the boys...hahaha we need trust our instincts and eye for form. AJ fits some of the criteria, certainly more than Jo does, sadly. Wlad saw it as well.

We did see Joseph at probably his worse and at time his best that night. When he was working his jab, and moving, he looks elite. When he went straight back, hands lowered in the pocket, he was at his worst. A polarising fight, and it was a pity that the subsequent fights really didn't allow him to fully showcase his improvements. I was hoping the Dimitrenko fight would have been more competitive.

Fingers crossed for Ruiz.

(10-28-2016, 09:09 PM)shamrock Wrote: Certainly identifies the men from the boys...hahaha we need trust our instincts and eye for form. AJ fits some of the criteria, certainly more than Jo does, sadly. Wlad saw it as well.

They just see what they want to see and ignore what they don't.  

RE: Izu Ugonoh - shamrock - 10-28-2016

(10-28-2016, 09:10 PM)NakiFan Wrote: We did see Joseph at probably his worse and at time his best that night. When he was working his jab, and moving, he looks elite. When he went straight back, hands lowered in the pocket, he was at his worst. A polarising fight, and it was a pity that the subsequent fights really didn't allow him to fully showcase his improvements. I was hoping the Dimitrenko fight would have been more competitive.

Fingers crossed for Ruiz.
Funnily ,  I'd say AJ could have easily dealt to bothTakam and Parker that night in usual finish...

Get a room you two. LOL