NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 08:06 PM)diehard Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 07:47 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Joshua definatley isn't invincible.  Neither parker or joshua are the finished article. It wasn't that long ago joshua was going into that charles martin fight and people thought it was crazy early to be going for a world title. He had 2 gimme defences then the klitschko fight which again many thought was way too soon then takam.

Joe has a bit more 12 round experience but i dont think either man is in their prime.

My feeling has always been Parker would need to catch joshua on a bad day and put in gis beat work to win, while joshua just needs to have a "good" day to beat parker. Which can happen either way.

But i will say i dont expect to cash my bet on JP at this stage because joshua does look at ideal weight right now and i think he's learned from the takam and klitschko fights and that closes parkers chances down considerably imo

Everyone assumes AJ's reduced weight is good for him.  I don't know.  A new weight, getting used to it, maybe reduced power, etc.  Parker needs to try to hurt him early, and see how AJ responds.  Only chance he has.

I dont think it'll be a new weight, im predicting around 240 which hes been loads of times before and he looked if anything more explosive and powerful then.

Against klitscho and takam he was about 10lb overweight, thats all that needs taking off imo

(03-27-2018, 08:14 PM)bopman Wrote: Yep I think its 60/40 to AJ as a one off fight. Jo has a chance if he can get inside fire off change angles and get out quick. I haven't seen Jo do this in any previous fights yet!!!! If you have let me know? Changing levels and angles with foot work will be key for young Jo. I see Jo getting in real trouble with AJs counter punches and his quick long Jab. If Jo can effectively slip that jab and get to work he may have some success. As for AJs counter punches, again I have never seen Jo face an opponent with AJs counter ability and power. I have also noticed that Jo is always open to counters because as he fires off his head is held high. I hope he doesn't fall into AJs counter traps. To put it simply i believe if Jo somehow has figured out how to nullify those two strengths of AJs, Jo's chances actually go sky high but I'd dont think Jo will be able to read AJs counters and that will be his down fall in the late rounds. He may eat a few big counters from AJ that lead into AJs flurries.

I agree.

Personally i dont think Parker will be able to operate at long range as the reach difference is pronounced and Joshua has a good jab/right hand combo. Up close i give parker a good advantage, but the mid range is no mans land for Parker, he needs to stay out of that killzone.

My plan for parker would be to not even throw from outside or mid range, just use the outside for breathers and save the energy for up close.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-27-2018

Good thoughts, Inferno.

I quite agree

Expect a lot of double-triple jabs as Parker launches in each time

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:10 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:14 PM)bopman Wrote: Yep I think its 60/40 to AJ as a one off fight. Jo has a chance if he can get inside fire off change angles and get out quick. I haven't seen Jo do this in any previous fights yet!!!! If you have let me know? Changing levels and angles with foot work will be key for young Jo. I see Jo getting in real trouble with AJs counter punches and his quick long Jab. If Jo can effectively slip that jab and get to work he may have some success. As for AJs counter punches, again I have never seen Jo face an opponent with AJs counter ability and power. I have also noticed that Jo is always open to counters because as he fires off his head is held high. I hope he doesn't fall into AJs counter traps. To put it simply i believe if Jo somehow has figured out how to nullify those two strengths of AJs, Jo's chances actually go sky high but I'd dont think Jo will be able to read AJs counters and that will be his down fall in the late rounds. He may eat a few big counters from AJ that lead into AJs flurries.

I agree.

Personally i dont think Parker will be able to operate at long range as the reach difference is pronounced and Joshua has a good jab/right hand combo. Up close i give parker a good advantage, but the mid range is no mans land for Parker, he needs to stay out of that killzone.

My plan for parker would be to not even throw from outside or mid range, just use the outside for breathers and save the energy for up close.

Ye your right that kind of 3/4 range is where AJ is at his most deadly. I agree with your game plan for Jo too. I just feel that its not suited to Jo's natural style. I hope KB and Jo have worked on there own counter game because AJ has that same tendency to leave his head up while firing off. That's how Whyte caught him momentarily. 

(03-27-2018, 08:18 PM)bart Wrote: I agree with Die JP needs to put doubt early into AJ - doubt about his weight loss-power possible loss + chin his being sus and JP's being rock... not easy but once doubt gets in it wants to live there.....
AJ is making statements that aren't the norm for him, possibly he has some little doubt and its troubling him... who knows.
This what make this fight interesting.. if it was on paper AJ v JP it would be no contest a Whyte v Browne destruction.
But I do believe AJ is out of his comfort zone in his prep and he not happy.. hopefully that is good for JP

Honestly i really don't see any doubt in Joshua. I do see a touch of annoyance, and his behaviour has been somewhat similar to how he was in the Brezeale build up.

Joshua at the end of the day is a guy who came up on the streets involved with gang life etc despite what you see of him now, he is big on respect and team parker have been disrespectful.

But i dont see it as a dillian whyte style scenario where joshua will go nuts, i think he just wants to put a systematic beatdown on parker and send him and team back over here humbled.

(03-27-2018, 09:43 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:25 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Would not surprise me at all if every Welshman in that stadium is cheering Parker.

There will be more English there than welsh for one.  Out of all the home nations, Wales and England have the friendliest relationship.  Joshua fights under the union jack.  The whole UK gets behind him.

Parker will be booed. Possibly more so than any of Joshuas opponents because of Parkers team in the build up. 

Some dude on the news interviewed a couple of welsh pub dwellers last night who said they would support parker

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-27-2018

Welsh and Kiwis have a strong connection thru Rugby

I lived in Wales for half a year....

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:43 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Welsh and Kiwis have a strong connection thru Rugby

I lived in Wales for half a year....

The english and welsh have a strong connection through sharing the same island for hundreds of years, same government, currency, monarchy, laws and culture. 

Parker will be booed, don't worry about that.  There will always be exceptions who will want Joshua to lose, just like there are kiwis who want Parker to lose.  

Amongst the older generations (40+) you get some weird ones who hate other countries but amongst modern generations it doesnt really happen anymore.

There will be a few old welsh men who hate england for some stuff 500 years ago and some old kiwis who hate the english for.... discovering nz??? Idk

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - U.K. Fight Fan - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:32 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 09:43 PM)U.K. Fight Fan Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 01:25 PM)Kiwi Wrote: Would not surprise me at all if every Welshman in that stadium is cheering Parker.

There will be more English there than welsh for one.  Out of all the home nations, Wales and England have the friendliest relationship.  Joshua fights under the union jack.  The whole UK gets behind him.

Parker will be booed. Possibly more so than any of Joshuas opponents because of Parkers team in the build up. 

Some dude on the news interviewed a couple of welsh pub dwellers last night who said they would support parker

LOL.

Seriously, I'll be surprised if there are 1000 supporters for Parker.  

So according to the national statistics survey done in 2015, around 59,000 Kiwis live in the UK.  Even if every one of them bought a ticket, it wouldn't even fill the stadium.  So out of the 59,000, they would have to be interested in boxing.  They would have to compete with around 60 million brits for tickets and hotels.  They would have to be willing to travel there and pay for it all.  I'm a hardcore boxing fan, and I'm not even going to this.  Cardiff is a nightmare for hotels.