NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 03:25 PM)shamrock Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 02:40 PM)Msreef Wrote: Prime Tyson Fury beats everyone.
He completely outboxed Wlad, AJ went life and death with him. I'd actually give Wilder a better chance against Tyson Fury than AJ, but still pick Tyson Fury to win.

Sorry mate have to disagree, Wlad didn't show up that night it was no TF fighting to the death. AJ would fight back and drop Fury Im picking. We must give AJ some credit for what he can accomplish, he has proved himself in 20 fights 20KOs in which a come tofight Wlad was one of them. TF couldnt geta KO on a defenceless Wlad 
I disagree, Wlad did show up but just couldn't fire off on a moving big man. Aj and Wlads Styles are perfect for a entertaining fight. As for AJ, he deserves all the credit he gets for what he has achieved, he's top dog.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-27-2018

Word from those privileged to be ringside at training in London.

" Joe looks great, is very calm and extremely confident.. he looked very sharp on the pads today"

Sounds like Joe has fronted in the best shape of his life for this fight. I hope the plan is sound and that Joe executes it with surgical precision.

Get the feeling that AJ is less than impressed with Joe and that things have become personal for him. Higgins's 'calculated' psychological approach may backfire.. I would not want to give the champ any incentive to train harder and be more resolute on victory. Tua / Cameron springs to mind..

My view on the ultimate outcome of this fight has not changed and I fully expect a battle royale on Sunday morning.

Go Joe!

V.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-27-2018

The elbows are a help, for sure

I truly expect Joe to KO Joshua.

But AJ is a powerful guy....

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-27-2018

Pad work is different from being in the ring lol

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-27-2018

I think AJ is invincible, and can't see Joe beating him. Wilder maybe, if AJ got sloppy. But back to Joe. I think AJ is technically sound, the bigger man, stronger, nearly as fast, and has been getting better. And having faced Klit, Takam, and Breazeale, he's faced the better opposition.

BUT, Parker and KB must see something to be this confident. I have no idea what it is...

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-27-2018

KB believes in the star signs and dreams

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-27-2018

Joshua definatley isn't invincible. Neither parker or joshua are the finished article. It wasn't that long ago joshua was going into that charles martin fight and people thought it was crazy early to be going for a world title. He had 2 gimme defences then the klitschko fight which again many thought was way too soon then takam.

Joe has a bit more 12 round experience but i dont think either man is in their prime.

My feeling has always been Parker would need to catch joshua on a bad day and put in gis beat work to win, while joshua just needs to have a "good" day to beat parker. Which can happen either way.

But i will say i dont expect to cash my bet on JP at this stage because joshua does look at ideal weight right now and i think he's learned from the takam and klitschko fights and that closes parkers chances down considerably imo

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102646553/anthony-joshua-v-joseph-parker-im-ready-for-this-its-sweet-confident-parker-declares

(03-27-2018, 07:47 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Joshua definatley isn't invincible. Neither parker or joshua are the finished article. It wasn't that long ago joshua was going into that charles martin fight and people thought it was crazy early to be going for a world title. He had 2 gimme defences then the klitschko fight which again many thought was way too soon then takam.

Joe has a bit more 12 round experience but i dont think either man is in their prime.

My feeling has always been Parker would need to catch joshua on a bad day and put in gis beat work to win, while joshua just needs to have a "good" day to beat parker. Which can happen either way.

But i will say i dont expect to cash my bet on JP at this stage because joshua does look at ideal weight right now and i think he's learned from the takam and klitschko fights and that closes parkers chances down considerably imo

Everyone assumes AJ's reduced weight is good for him. I don't know. A new weight, getting used to it, maybe reduced power, etc. Parker needs to try to hurt him early, and see how AJ responds. Only chance he has.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-27-2018

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/anthony-joshua-vs-joseph-parker-is-maybe-the-biggest-fight-in-heavyweight-boxing-history-ever/92088