NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 03-22-2018

Interesting..."Joseph Parker had secret surgery on both elbows in December to relieve fight pain"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12018013

"The procedure has helped his movement and power significantly; Parker and his team believe it will be a game-changer for his fight against Anthony Joshua."

"Parker had complained of issues with his left elbow over the past few years, and it had apparently got to the point where he couldn't throw his trademark lightning double jab without extreme discomfort."

"He remained stoic – and amazingly discrete (as have his team) - but apparently he would finish sparring sessions and fights in real pain. It is believed the surgery on his left elbow went so well he was determined to get his other done too."

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-22-2018

Oh boy dis gunna be good, our jo can now foot it with the big boys.
Whats the ko betting for these guys?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bart - 03-22-2018

I had 3-4 years of extreme elbow (tennis elbow- then golfers)pain which meant repeated movements such as throwing punches excruciating. So I can sympathise here. Not sure about the surgeries I was always warned against them as on 50/50 on improvement over waiting it out.... that said I wasn't a elite sportsman.
If what they are saying about the injuries and successful op I am even more optimistic that Joe will put in a career best performance

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-22-2018

So if joe loses his surgery did not go as well as planned?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 08:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: So if joe loses his surgery did not go as well as planned?

If Joe loses he's been having problems with his knees since 2009, but wanted to keep it under wraps.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-22-2018

oshua: Relaxed, Reduced in Size and Ready
By Rob Hough

Anthony Joshua, 28, was in a jovial mood Wednesday as he shared some thoughts on Wednesday, 10 days ahead of his fight with WBO champ Joseph Parker. The fight will be shown live on Showtime at 5 pm ET on Saturday March 31 from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

“Looking at Joseph Parker, you’ve got to look at how he boxes on the front foot and on the back foot. When he’s on the front, he finds it difficult to land combinations. When he’s on the back foot, he’s performed better.”

“We’re still in preparation, but so far so good. This is the first time I’m manned up with my trainer and said, “This is what I think is working and this is what isn’t. Can we make some changes?”

“I’m looking to slim down for this fight, to (238, 239) pounds. This isn’t Weight Watchers; nobody should go into camp focused on weight, but you do have to focus on the type of fight and fighter you’re facing.”

“I’m focusing on everything. Some people seem to think that what you need is a good right hand and a good chin, like we might has well go to a club in England or America and find the biggest ugliest guy we can and he’ll be the heavyweight champion. “To be a great champion you need to work on the full game: footwork, perfecting the jab. I’m talking about everything.”

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-23-2018

Man I knew Aj was coming in at that 109 kg mark. He is trimmed up big time. I think Wilder's weight and last performance showed them all you don't have to be heavy to keep your power.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-23-2018

A very interesting Press Conference today about everything-

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Westywarrior - 03-23-2018

This fight will not be AJ practicing his power punches while his opponent stands in front of him .
(Which has been nearly every opponent in his pro career so far)

Takam showed some movement and nearly went the distance, and that’s factoring in that he must be old as Ortiz by now , the fight was taken at two weeks notice , and it was a premature stoppage .
( According to AJs dickriders he was supposed to be unconscious before the end of the first round.)

I think the fight going the distance is a great value bet
Both fighters have trimmed down and are in shape to Go the full 12.
Parker will be moving laterally , and changing angles.
This will be more a boxing match than a brawl.

I’ve gone a bit of an each way bet .
The fight go the distance @ $4.75
And Parker wins by decision @ $16

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-23-2018

(03-23-2018, 12:46 PM)Kiwi Wrote: A very interesting Press Conference today about everything-

Interesting but I'm not buying into this. So Jo couldn't throw jabs against Hughie hahaha then the fight plan they had was shit. I hope there plan with AJ is better!! Jo will need that Jab at its best.