NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-16-2018

I agree inferno but I also see the fight VS wlad a bit different and the copubox tells a story too. Wlad just didn't let his hands go enough, a problem he has always had in tough fights. Against Aj, wlad didn't want to gas being the older guy and he never wants to get hit, he doesn't trust his own chin. Parker has none of the fears above. That's what makes this so interesting. Someone who will fire back and not be afraid in the exchanges, who backs his engine and backs his chin. Wlad did have a good engine but we all know what happens to your engine after you've been hit a few times. The old fulla truly didn't have enough in the tank and not enough killer instinct. Jo has different issues to face in this battle but none of the issues above.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-16-2018

We will see Bopman, i think getting into position to use his handspeed is the biggest factor for Joe.

Also there is a possibility Joe has been fighting to the level of his opposition. He reminds me of Carl Froch in that he can look bad but always finds a way to get the win..

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 07:31 AM)Nigs Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 07:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Klitschko was also extremely confident against AJ, he seemed to have total belief he had the beating of him easily.

AJ has this reputation of being a big stiff slow chinny bodybuilder. Parker and team have constantly alluded to this and i think they TRULY believe it to be true.

But here's the thing, it isn't actually true.

He isn't the most mobile guy but he doesn't have cement feet either. In terms of footspeed and movement him and JP are actually basically equal. Parker doesn't have fast feet or good ring coverage which is why he struggled in some recent fights.

In terms of stiffness, again I disagree, he was slipping wlads shots when rocked, he slipped and countered Martin for the KO, he's actually fairly defensively sound, I'd rate him less "stiff" than Parker tbh who appears to have a steel rod attached to his back and head making it a totally static target.

Parker has the faster hands but Joshua actually is no slouch either with surprising quickness on the counter. He DOES slow when gassed particularly at >250lbs but he's not going to BE 250lbs.

As for his chin, yes Klitschko floored him with lets be honest one of the shots of the year but outside of that klitschko got him clean quite a few times and a glass chin would not have survived that. Someone like Alex Leapai or Tony Thompson (both guys who arent called "chinny") were dropped by similar shots which AJ took fairly well. Do i think he can be hurt by really good flush shots off good punchers, yes. Does he have a glass chin? No.

I HOPE that KB and team arent going into this one banking on joshua being some stiff slow dummy who is just going to stand there confused like Dimitrenko did because if they honestly do and that's all they are counting on they are in serious trouble.

great post Inferno. how i see things aswell.

Agree.. another great post.  

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-16-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/102313803/anthony-joshua-v-joseph-parker-its-been-a-great-camp-declares-kiwi-as-he-packs-bags-for-uk

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 09:08 AM)Veritas Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 07:31 AM)Nigs Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 07:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Klitschko was also extremely confident against AJ, he seemed to have total belief he had the beating of him easily.

AJ has this reputation of being a big stiff slow chinny bodybuilder. Parker and team have constantly alluded to this and i think they TRULY believe it to be true.

But here's the thing, it isn't actually true.

He isn't the most mobile guy but he doesn't have cement feet either. In terms of footspeed and movement him and JP are actually basically equal. Parker doesn't have fast feet or good ring coverage which is why he struggled in some recent fights.

In terms of stiffness, again I disagree, he was slipping wlads shots when rocked, he slipped and countered Martin for the KO, he's actually fairly defensively sound, I'd rate him less "stiff" than Parker tbh who appears to have a steel rod attached to his back and head making it a totally static target.

Parker has the faster hands but Joshua actually is no slouch either with surprising quickness on the counter. He DOES slow when gassed particularly at >250lbs but he's not going to BE 250lbs.

As for his chin, yes Klitschko floored him with lets be honest one of the shots of the year but outside of that klitschko got him clean quite a few times and a glass chin would not have survived that. Someone like Alex Leapai or Tony Thompson (both guys who arent called "chinny") were dropped by similar shots which AJ took fairly well. Do i think he can be hurt by really good flush shots off good punchers, yes. Does he have a glass chin? No.

I HOPE that KB and team arent going into this one banking on joshua being some stiff slow dummy who is just going to stand there confused like Dimitrenko did because if they honestly do and that's all they are counting on they are in serious trouble.

great post Inferno. how i see things aswell.

Agree.. another great post.  

Thanks Inferno

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-16-2018

I don't think AJ is as much robotic as methodical. So...Joe needs to disrupt that. Don't let him set, and each time he does, attack. With Klit, Parker can take some confidence not in the fact that Klit floored him with his famed right hand, but he did it simply by throwing a jab followed by a right hand. No exchanges. Just a one-two. At that level, it shouldn't have happened. He tried it after the knockdown with some success, but it wasn't enough, as AJ throws also.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 03-16-2018

little article about Inferno's betting habits Smile
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12012429

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-16-2018

In this fight I want AJ to win as I've followed him since before the world champs back in 2011, but i wouldn't mind if parker wins and i dont mind if i lose the bets but i think parker is no morr than 3/1, 6/1 is crazy value imo gotta take it

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 01:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: In this fight I want AJ to win as I've followed him since before the world champs back in 2011, but i wouldn't mind if parker wins and i dont mind if i lose the bets but i think parker is no morr than 3/1, 6/1 is crazy value imo gotta take it

I'm the opposite, I want Parker to win cause he's Kiwi as. But If AJ wins I'll be stoked for him and for AJ vs Wilder which will be MEAN

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-16-2018

(03-16-2018, 12:34 PM)mippy Wrote: little article about Inferno's betting habits Smile
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12012429

Some interesting points there from Monty and Mike - but, what are their thoughts on the outcome?  Lot's of IFs..

V.