NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-15-2018

Dam those stuff articles are the worst. The spins and yarns but I guess that's what get views. AJ is just getting sparring partners lol that's all it is. Hahaha he is preparing for the fight as best as he can. From what I have seen he is not under prepared.

Dam those stuff articles are the worst. The spins and yarns but I guess that's what get views. AJ is just getting sparring partners lol that's all it is. Hahaha he is preparing for the fight as best as he can. From what I have seen he is not under prepared.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 11:15 AM)mippy Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:46 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 09:40 AM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/102277066/whiff-of-panic-in-anthony-joshua-camp-with-late-changes-to-sparring-strategy

Fark they are reaching.

II'm going to write a hatchet piece on stuff if parker loses.

"Kiwi sporting scribes" will be an oft used phrase.

I'm pretty sure Duncan Johnstone gets taken to Joes fights by Duco, so he's pretty tight with them

He does. Mr Higgins sends him to Vegas to keep the hype going in the media. I'd think he was on Duco's payroll.

Boxing: Lean and mean Joseph Parker - 'This fight will change our lives'
15 Mar, 2018 2:45pm 4 minutes to read

By: Patrick McKendry
Sports writer

Joseph Parker is the leanest he has been in two years as he digs in for the final week of his Las Vegas camp before flying to the United Kingdom to put the finishing touches on his preparation for his fight against Anthony Joshua in Cardiff.

Parker will arrive in London on Sunday for two weeks of acclimatisation and light training ahead of the world heavyweight title unification bout at the Principality Stadium on April 1, and is aiming to tip the scales at about 108kg.

He has weighed just over 111kg for his last three fights which have all gone the distance - Hughie Fury, Razvan Cojanu and Andy Ruiz Jr were his opponents dating back to December 2016 – and he and his camp hope the weight reduction will help with his speed and mobility against knockout artist Joshua.

"I'll be a lot leaner than my last few fights and I'll be lighter. I'll definitely show that when it comes to weigh-in time," Parker told Eyes on the Game interviewer Helen Yee in Las Vegas this week.

Trainer Kevin Barry confirmed Parker's condition, telling Yee: "We're looking at a certain weight for him, a weight we believe is optimum for mobility and speed and we're where we want to be.

"We need to see a very busy Joseph Parker… at the moment I can promise you we have a very fit Joseph Parker and we have a very hungry Joseph Parker."

One of the intriguing aspects of this fight is that Joshua will likely come in far lighter too. He tipped the scales at 115.2kg for his last fight against Carlos Takam in Cardiff in October last year – the heaviest of his professional career.

A fighter known for his heavily muscled shoulders and arms, he has embarked on an intense cardio programme in order to shed weight for his challenge against Parker, who promises to be one of the quickest and most durable opponents he has faced.

One short video clip released by Joshua at his Sheffield camp features the 28-year-old dressed in a dark jacket and shorts throwing quick combinations. He looks fast but also extremely lean, two points widely discussed on boxing forums ahead of what is the most highly anticipated heavyweight bout of the year.

Already called out by the Parker camp for his apparently vulnerable chin after being flattened, but recovering, against Wladimir Klitschko, many have questioned what Joshua's apparently dramatic weight loss will do to his ability to take a punch.

I found that when I was fitter and leaner I could take a punch better. Some people say your more durable when your a tad bigger but that's not what found. Wonder if that's true for AJ in those later rounds we will see.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-15-2018

What a great video this is - of JP and KB-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTpL-Z4MBg

Honestly, I don't see how JP can possibly beat AJ. AJ has KO'd or stopped everybody he's faced. He's huge, strong, with good boxing skills and speed.

By contrast, JP has struggled against fair and good opposition, and looks bad even doing the basics. And he's smaller than AJ. He's also fighting in the UK with a partisan crowd.

BUT, JP has loads of confidence, has been seeking out AJ for years, has heaps of confidence, and it sounds like he has a good fight plan. Does Joe and KB know something we don't?

AJ has been knocked down against Klit, and in sparring.

AJ should win this one EASILY. But, but, but...

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-15-2018

(03-15-2018, 06:45 PM)diehard Wrote: Honestly, I don't see how JP can possibly beat AJ.  AJ has KO'd or stopped everybody he's faced.  He's huge, strong, with good boxing skills and speed.

By contrast, JP has struggled against fair and good opposition, and looks bad even doing the basics.  And he's smaller than AJ.  He's also fighting in the UK with a partisan crowd.

BUT, JP has loads of confidence, has been seeking out AJ for years, has heaps of confidence, and it sounds like he has a good fight plan.  Does Joe and KB know something we don't?

AJ has been knocked down against Klit, and in sparring.  

AJ should win this one EASILY.  But, but, but...

Maybe they'll put something in AJs water die....

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-15-2018

Klitschko was also extremely confident against AJ, he seemed to have total belief he had the beating of him easily.

AJ has this reputation of being a big stiff slow chinny bodybuilder. Parker and team have constantly alluded to this and i think they TRULY believe it to be true.

But here's the thing, it isn't actually true.

He isn't the most mobile guy but he doesn't have cement feet either. In terms of footspeed and movement him and JP are actually basically equal. Parker doesn't have fast feet or good ring coverage which is why he struggled in some recent fights.

In terms of stiffness, again I disagree, he was slipping wlads shots when rocked, he slipped and countered Martin for the KO, he's actually fairly defensively sound, I'd rate him less "stiff" than Parker tbh who appears to have a steel rod attached to his back and head making it a totally static target.

Parker has the faster hands but Joshua actually is no slouch either with surprising quickness on the counter. He DOES slow when gassed particularly at >250lbs but he's not going to BE 250lbs.

As for his chin, yes Klitschko floored him with lets be honest one of the shots of the year but outside of that klitschko got him clean quite a few times and a glass chin would not have survived that. Someone like Alex Leapai or Tony Thompson (both guys who arent called "chinny") were dropped by similar shots which AJ took fairly well. Do i think he can be hurt by really good flush shots off good punchers, yes. Does he have a glass chin? No.

I HOPE that KB and team arent going into this one banking on joshua being some stiff slow dummy who is just going to stand there confused like Dimitrenko did because if they honestly do and that's all they are counting on they are in serious trouble.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Nigs - 03-16-2018

(03-15-2018, 07:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Klitschko was also extremely confident against AJ, he seemed to have total belief he had the beating of him easily.

AJ has this reputation of being a big stiff slow chinny bodybuilder. Parker and team have constantly alluded to this and i think they TRULY believe it to be true.

But here's the thing, it isn't actually true.

He isn't the most mobile guy but he doesn't have cement feet either. In terms of footspeed and movement him and JP are actually basically equal. Parker doesn't have fast feet or good ring coverage which is why he struggled in some recent fights.

In terms of stiffness, again I disagree, he was slipping wlads shots when rocked, he slipped and countered Martin for the KO, he's actually fairly defensively sound, I'd rate him less "stiff" than Parker tbh who appears to have a steel rod attached to his back and head making it a totally static target.

Parker has the faster hands but Joshua actually is no slouch either with surprising quickness on the counter. He DOES slow when gassed particularly at >250lbs but he's not going to BE 250lbs.

As for his chin, yes Klitschko floored him with lets be honest one of the shots of the year but outside of that klitschko got him clean quite a few times and a glass chin would not have survived that. Someone like Alex Leapai or Tony Thompson (both guys who arent called "chinny") were dropped by similar shots which AJ took fairly well. Do i think he can be hurt by really good flush shots off good punchers, yes. Does he have a glass chin? No.

I HOPE that KB and team arent going into this one banking on joshua being some stiff slow dummy who is just going to stand there confused like Dimitrenko did because if they honestly do and that's all they are counting on they are in serious trouble.

great post Inferno. how i see things aswell.