NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Nablonicasso - 03-12-2018

Some of it definitely is

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:02 PM)diehard Wrote: Parker looking EXTREMELY fast, even by Sham's standards:

https://www.facebook.com/GYGBoxing/videos/1852175954853532/?hc_ref=ARTQH0_q3zAaXDF_s9T1gWDfIi3A6BgRnqKGuUr_uFNkrGxluj9qYzmH-yVZVrdqbH4

Yes. Joe is fast but, - and this has always been the case - he does not punch properly.

Shadow boxing, on the pads and the bag,.. Joe does not turn his thumb to the ground when he jabs and throws right hands.
This action ensures you connect with the large knuckles and punch through the target via extension through the shoulder.. from the right foot.  This is where real power comes from..  I don't see any power in Joes punches.  

The body type argument is a bit of a stretch when the opponent is an Olympic Gold medalist, holds multiple world title belts and is 20 and 0 all by KO.  

Joe must deliver the fight of his life in 3 weeks and in a previous post I've outlined how I think he can do it.

Now, do I think he can?

On the weight of evidence before me... No.  AJ wins this.

V.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-12-2018

JP fast tippy tap

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-12-2018

Yeah joe isn't turning his shots over correctly in those vids.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:12 PM)Veritas Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:02 PM)diehard Wrote: Parker looking EXTREMELY fast, even by Sham's standards:

https://www.facebook.com/GYGBoxing/videos/1852175954853532/?hc_ref=ARTQH0_q3zAaXDF_s9T1gWDfIi3A6BgRnqKGuUr_uFNkrGxluj9qYzmH-yVZVrdqbH4

Yes. Joe is fast but, - and this has always been the case - he does not punch properly.

Shadow boxing, on the pads and the bag,.. Joe does not turn his thumb to the ground when he jabs and throws right hands.
This action ensures you connect with the large knuckles and punch through the target via extension through the shoulder.. from the right foot.  This is where real power comes from..  I don't see any power in Joes punches.  

The body type argument is a bit of a stretch when the opponent is an Olympic Gold medalist, holds multiple world title belts and is 20 and 0 all by KO.  

Joe must deliver the fight of his life in 3 weeks and in a previous post I've outlined how I think he can do it.

Now, do I think he can?

On the weight of evidence before me... No.  AJ wins this.

V.

So if you and Infern0 know it, why doesn't KB and Joe? Even I know it, and I know nothing.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 07:01 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Parker wasn't able to hurt Ruiz jr or Takam and neither was fighting defensively against him, they were there to be hit and they got hit.

Takam turtled up after the first time he got hit by AJ and touched down. His output was very low.

Takam threw 451 punches at Parker, he threw 222 at Joshua

Considering that parker and takam went to war and threw defenxe out the window and Takam fought to survive vs joshua and still got dropped, cut open badly, rocked multiple times even without the mildly questionable stoppage it speaks volumes.
Yep your right but AJ was more suited to Takam as AJs counters really hurt Takam. We will see how Jo has trained for those counters. Jo has always been open for a counter after every dam combo he throws. 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 09:16 PM)bopman Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 07:01 PM)Infern0 Wrote: Parker wasn't able to hurt Ruiz jr or Takam and neither was fighting defensively against him, they were there to be hit and they got hit.

Takam turtled up after the first time he got hit by AJ and touched down. His output was very low.

Takam threw 451 punches at Parker, he threw 222 at Joshua

Considering that parker and takam went to war and threw defenxe out the window and Takam fought to survive vs joshua and still got dropped, cut open badly, rocked multiple times even without the mildly questionable stoppage it speaks volumes.
Yep your right but AJ was more suited to Takam as AJs counters really hurt Takam. We will see how Jo has trained for those counters. Jo has always been open for a counter after every dam combo he throws. 

Idk about that as joe is more mobile and takam is a pressure fighter and aj is supposed to be stiff slow and chinny. 

Might of just been jp going off the gameplan

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-12-2018

die, I've waxed at length about JP's limited and static skillset.. Heaven knows what goes down in Vegas but, the rough diamond that was Joe five years ago - in my eyes - has not been honed and polished into the boxer we were all expecting.

In a few weeks, I may share my thoughts as to why.

V.

Yeah Jo is not polished and I feel Barry has limited his growth. But guys power doesn't come from thumbs pointed down, that just gives that extra snap. Look at Tua George formeman, you pick plenty of guys that didn't use that technique. God look at Wilder lol

My logical brain say AJ UD win or last round Stoppage. But my heart is with Jo and if he comes in that ring and has the best nigh of his life he can take it.