NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-12-2018

Three main things which will hinder Jo in this massive battle. Aj has a ram rod jab with reach, can Jo handle this reach, can he negate it with his footwork, is he nible enough to get around it/get inside. AJ's power, can Jo with stand AJs big assaults, will Jo footwork and defense keep him outts trouble? AJ's counter punches, I believe he is the best counter puncher in the division, this is one of his major weapons. He punish people, every time they hit him, he through a counter combo or a sharp right hook. What's your thoughts? 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Nigs - 03-12-2018

all the experts are saying the same thing when it comes to the keys to JP winning the fight. only issue is, is that they are the things we all know JP struggles with.

head movement, foot work, defence. in saying that, JP definitely has the power to hurt AJ.

that's why i think this makes for an interesting fight. i believe he has a better chance against AJ than he does DW.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Kiwi - 03-12-2018

Here is my honest opinion.

If Joe can avoid getting hit with a haymaker early, he will get in and let AJ feel his power.

As soon as that happens the fight will change and AJ will get very defensive. Joe will blow him out.

It is even possible that AJ is very cautious from the start. Won't help him.....

I love the confidence kiwi! I think if Jo can withstand the power, negate AJ's jab and use angles to get in out and not get hit with counters we are in for a really good night. I also agree with Die if Parker gets him early a few times with clean shots it could make AJ very wary of coming in. Exciting times for NZ boxing!

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-12-2018

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12010406

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 03-12-2018

(03-12-2018, 02:02 PM)bopman Wrote: I love the confidence kiwi! I think if Jo can withstand the power, negate AJ's jab and use angles to get in out and not get hit with counters we are in for a really good night. I also agree with Die if Parker gets him early a few times with clean shots it could make AJ very wary of coming in. Exciting times for NZ boxing!

I think AJs counter punching will trouble Joe. If he lunges in like he did with Fury, it'll be an easy night for AJ. 

(03-12-2018, 02:32 PM)mippy Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 02:02 PM)bopman Wrote: I love the confidence kiwi! I think if Jo can withstand the power, negate AJ's jab and use angles to get in out and not get hit with counters we are in for a really good night. I also agree with Die if Parker gets him early a few times with clean shots it could make AJ very wary of coming in. Exciting times for NZ boxing!

I think AJs counter punching will trouble Joe. If he lunges in like he did with Fury, it'll be an easy night for AJ. 
Yep I definitely agree. Aj has some epic counter skills, he baits you, let's you in, blocks then gives you a wallop. Be interesting to see how Jo is moving in those later rounds. 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-12-2018

Interestingly, Klit caught him at a distance. Threw a jab to blind him, and then knocked him down with a right. All it takes is one step in to get to that chin.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-12-2018

Die, its doubtful JP has one punch power. We seem to think AJ has a weak chin and is there to be taken...while Jo has a tough chin can withstand anything.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-12-2018

I can tell you for a fact that JP doesnt have Klitschko's right hand.