NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 03-07-2018

(03-07-2018, 10:39 AM)bopman Wrote: https://youtu.be/YqiID0b-Uj4

Just a little interview with Jo. He's really matured in front of the camera. He actively listens to questions and answers them well, I can see he has gained a lot of confidence over the years and doesn't need Barry to talk for him anymore. 

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 03-07-2018

Graham Norton's 'king of pies' remark still weighing on Joseph Parker's mind

Joseph Parker says he's in "great shape" ahead of his heavyweight bout against Anthony Joshua.

It appears Joseph Parker still has beef with talkshow host Graham Norton for labelling him the "king of pies".

The Kiwi heavyweight told The Rock that everyone, Norton included, will see that he is in good nick when he appears at the weigh-in, ahead of his highly-anticipated bout against Anthony Joshua at the end of the month.

"Camp is going fantastic. I feel like I'm in great shape", Parker said in an interview with The Rock. "When he [Norton] called me the 'king of pies', I'm going to take my shirt off at the weigh-in and honestly, see if I've been eating pies or not.

"I feel like I'm punching sharp, I'm moving well, making a lot of angles, movements, fitness is good, so everything is on track".

Earlier this year, Norton made fun of Parker's body when Joshua appeared as a guest on The Graham Norton Show.

"That's the king of pies," Norton said as the live audience erupted in laughter. "He must be a world-class athlete but he doesn't look like one, does he?"

Joshua cheekily suggested "Pie" might be Parker's new nickname.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-08-2018

I love how if the roles were reversed the NZ media would be like "joshua is mentally weak because ge mentioned being called the king of pies" but with parker they say its just making him more determined.

Stuff are literal fanboys,just repirt on the inportant stuff please.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Nigs - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 11:13 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I love how if the roles were reversed the NZ media would be like "joshua is mentally weak because ge mentioned being called the king of pies" but with parker they say its just making him more determined.

NZ media are fan boys.

what will happen if joe loses?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 12:49 PM)Nigs Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 11:13 AM)Infern0 Wrote: I love how if the roles were reversed the NZ media would be like "joshua is mentally weak because ge mentioned being called the king of pies" but with parker they say its just making him more determined.

NZ media are fan boys.

One loss won't truly derail him but i expect Junior Fa will start getting more attention from the nz media.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Nigs - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 01:27 PM)Infern0 Wrote:

NZ media are fan boys.

One loss won't truly derail him but i expect Junior Fa will start getting more attention from the nz media.

it won't derail JP but im more thinking how will he get treated by the media.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Veritas - 03-08-2018

NZ media are fan boys.

There is losing and there is LOSING!

If Joe puts in an epic performance, the fight of his life and loses on points - he is still the media hero.

If Joe struggles to make any impact on AJ and is easily beaten on points  - the media will herald him as second best in the world.

If Joe fights like a tiger, is in it all the way and gets knocked out - the media will acknowledge the warrior needs to take stock and plan another challenge.

If Joe is out classed, beaten to the punch, fails to make an impact,  is un-composed under pressure and is then knocked out - then the media should lead a campaign to change his management and coaching team.

V.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 02:22 PM)Veritas Wrote:

NZ media are fan boys.

There is losing and there is LOSING!

If Joe puts in an epic performance, the fight of his life and loses on points - he is still the media hero.

If Joe struggles to make any impact on AJ and is easily beaten on points  - the media will herald him as second best in the world.

If Joe fights like a tiger, is in it all the way and gets knocked out - the media will acknowledge the warrior needs to take stock and plan another challenge.

If Joe is out classed, beaten to the punch, fails to make an impact,  is un-composed under pressure and is then knocked out - then the media should lead a campaign to change his management and coaching team.

V.

It's not up to the collective media to put pressure on JP to find a new coach and team. The media don't know squat about boxing, why should they all of a sudden become experts on boxing training and try to dictate to Joe or tell him what to do?
It's up to Joe himself to decide if he wants to make changes, nobody else. He's a grown ass man, who's done very well for himself financially from the sport. We can have our opinions but that's all they are, and they don't matter all that much in reality.

It's almost like it's a forgone conclusion that he's already lost... I say we just support him, see what happens, and go from there.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - shamrock - 03-08-2018

Oh so no opinions then on boxchat, sad. In saying that, Jo hasn't lost till the fat lady sings..the overwhelming view seems to be that Jo hasn't got skills or the power to overwhem AJ but because he's a nzldr the fight is exciting

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 03-08-2018

(03-08-2018, 04:01 PM)shamrock Wrote: Oh so no opinions then on boxchat, sad. In saying that, Jo hasn't lost till the fat lady sings..the overwhelming view seems to be that Jo hasn't got skills or the power to overwhem AJ but because he's a nzldr the fight is exciting

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just not you Tongue