NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-20-2018

Colonel: Parker and Horn could cause upsets
By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

Hall of Fame Broadcaster Colonel Bob Sheridan has called the action some of the biggest upsets in boxing history. So he knows huge favorite WBA, IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua can be upset on March 31 in Cardiff Wales when he clashes with WBO heavyweight champion Joseph Parker. The same holds true for WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn, who could do the same against hot favorite Terence Crawford in Las Vegas on April 14.

“Both Joseph Parker and Jeff Horn will be huge underdogs in their upcoming world championship fights,” the Colonel told Fightnews.com®. “There isn’t a person this side of New Zealand and Australia that thinks either man has a chance. However I’ve broadcast some of the biggest upsets in the history of boxing. Ali over George Foreman in Africa and Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson in Tokyo, so it CAN happen. If either Jeff Horn or Joseph Parker has the fight of his life and pulls off the upset it will be monumental.

“Anthony Joshua is a beast with a perfect record of knocking out every man he has fought. Anthony will have all the support any fighter could ask for with 78,000 fans screaming for him in Wales. Joseph Parker won’t be bothered by this because he is always super cool on fight night. Anthony is pure power and then some and that’s what boxing fans love in the heavyweight division.

“Kevin Barry who trains Joseph Parker says Joseph must fight the perfect fight. He’s got to do it with movement and speed and punch off created angles. Joseph must have full concentration 100% of the time, double and triple his jabs, rip into the body early and often while constantly trying to turn Joshua.

“Both of these fighters can be hit and there is no question Joshua has the edge in that department. For Parker to pull off the upset, it’s very important that if he is able to get Anthony in trouble at any time he must finish him off. Parker is a great finisher. This fight will be a better fight than most people think.”

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-20-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101594804/parker-v-joshua-what-the-experts-say-and-who-they-pick-to-win

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-20-2018

Man this fight is super exciting. They rate Parker so low lolbut this is definitely AJ's hardest fight. Parkers chin is definitely better than old Wlads. A lot of these so called experts wouldn't bother properly analysing these fighters because there is no point too so they are just going off eye test. Still the fight is 40-60 to AJ but people have written JP of and may get a surprise.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-21-2018

(02-20-2018, 11:12 PM)bopman Wrote: Man this fight is super exciting. They rate Parker so low lolbut this is definitely AJ's hardest fight. Parkers chin is definitely better than old Wlads. A lot of these so called experts wouldn't bother properly analysing these fighters because there is no point too so they are just going off eye test. Still the fight is 40-60 to AJ but people have written JP of and may get a surprise.

Who "rates parker so low"

I can't think of anyone who has said this will be an easy fight

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-21-2018

They are not saying its an easy fight they just don't think Parker has the ability to trouble AJ. For them its a clear win. Tony Bellew " Joshua eats Parker alive. Dillian Whyte " Joshua gets him out in 6-7. Jim Lampley "Joshua will ko him. Hasim Rahman " Parker has no chance. Dave Coldwell " Parker cannot is not beating Joshua" " he is average". Johnny Nelson said some stuff end of last year but now that the fight is getting closer and there is a tone of press he has totally changed his tune. I guess because he has met them both now.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-21-2018

The truth is Jo actually has a chance a 40% chance of winning. But to write him off is a little sad lol.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-21-2018

(02-18-2018, 07:43 PM)Msreef Wrote:

Is it just me or is Joe looking a lot slimmer in the face here?

Excellent interview, and good find msreef! After that interview, I went from 30 to 40% chance of Parker winning.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-21-2018

(02-21-2018, 10:51 AM)bopman Wrote: The truth is Jo actually has a chance a 40% chance of winning. But to write him off is a little sad lol.

A 40% chance makes this almost an even fight.

You might as well say home advantage is the only reason it isnt 50/50

I have to disagree based on form

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bart - 02-22-2018

30-40% sounds about right hence why he has that same financial split.
Buster douglas - Oliver McCall-Hasim Rahman -Tyson Fury all guys who went in with little chance and won
JP needs to be at his best mentally and physically and hope all that AJ is rattled and doubt comes in

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-22-2018

I don't think Aj will be rattled as he has been on this stage and status for a long time. He has put up with pressure Jo doesn't know about lol but his weakness could be over confidence and to self assured. AJ confidence is amazing and I guess he can be with his stats and all the training he puts in the bank.