NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-06-2018

"AJ has a very good chin." KB

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11989120

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 07:04 PM)diehard Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 06:23 PM)Infern0 Wrote: If i buy this fight on sky arena am i going to have to listen to the awful "colonel" bob sheridan going nuts every time jp lands a jab.

"Oh joseph really got him!!!"

If so im going to stream bbc 5 live commentary while i watch

Nah, the Colonel is extra.  Do you know how many world title fights he's called?  Probably millions.  He'll tell ya' if you listen.  He also knows people "from all over the UK."  Even politicians.  Not sure that Showtime uses him...think Mr Higgins said last week that he'll announce it in a coupla weeks.

I just want unbiased american commentary for this one. The colonel or that awful uk guy should team up.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-07-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101212399/joseph-parker-cant-get-overawed-against-anthony-joshua-warns-boxing-great

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - mippy - 02-07-2018

(02-06-2018, 07:44 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 06:23 PM)Infern0 Wrote: If i buy this fight on sky arena am i going to have to listen to the awful "colonel" bob sheridan going nuts every time jp lands a jab.

Nah, the Colonel is extra.  Do you know how many world title fights he's called?  Probably millions.  He'll tell ya' if you listen.  He also knows people "from all over the UK."  Even politicians.  Not sure that Showtime uses him...think Mr Higgins said last week that he'll announce it in a coupla weeks.

I just want unbiased american commentary for this one. The colonel or that awful uk guy should team up.

would you settle for the Colonel joing the Sky UK team?

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-07-2018

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101214186/big-stage-wont-faze-joshua-parker-says-promoter-david-higgins

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - African Monkey - 02-07-2018

Yeah that won't be happening with Adam Smith, Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson and Tony Bellew giving their 'expert' analysis.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-09-2018

(02-07-2018, 09:10 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

Yeah that won't be happening with Adam Smith, Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson and Tony Bellew giving their 'expert' analysis.

I find sky are more realistic than col. Bob.

I mean that guy tried to say klitschko ducked dimitrenko!!!

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - African Monkey - 02-09-2018

(02-09-2018, 12:47 AM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 09:10 PM)African Monkey Wrote:

I find sky are more realistic than col. Bob.

I mean that guy tried to say klitschko ducked dimitrenko!!!

Yeah he's duco's answer to the matchroom commentary team.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-09-2018

Boxing: Carlos Takam: Joseph Parker faster than Anthony Joshua

Carlos Takam has given his verdict on the Joseph Parker v Anthony Joshua heavyweight world unification and believes the New Zealander has far quicker hand speed than the big Englishman.

Takam has lost to both men – to Parker by unanimous decision in Auckland in 2016 and to Joshua by a controversial stoppage at Cardiff's Principality Stadium last October, the venue for Joshua v Parker on March 31.

"Joseph Parker, the guy has speed, a lot of speed. I think his speed is faster than Joshua," Takam told Sky Sports UK.

"Joshua is strong, but Parker's speed is faster than Joshua and we're going to see what is going to happen in the fight - speed or strength.

"For me, those two are the best. I have respect for Parker, I have respect for Joshua. For me, they are two good fighters, two good boxers, two good champions."

Takam impressed hugely against Joshua because he was a very late replacement for the injured Kubrat Pulev. The French-Cameroonian was on standby but didn't spar before the fight and was only confirmed 12 days before it.

Despite that the 37-year-old's fitness and movement was excellent and he proved a durable opponent before being stopped in the 10th round. Many criticised the decision by referee Phil Edwards as while Takam was bloodied and receiving punishment from Joshua, he was on his feet and returning fire.

Takam told Sky Sports UK he would attend the Joshua v Parker clash and that he was keen to fight Englishman Dillian Whyte, who will step into the ring with Australian Lucas Browne in London on March 24.

Asked about Whyte's strengths, Takam replied: "That is a question for Dillian Whyte, not for Carlos Takam."

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-09-2018

Lol joshua beat the shit out of takam while him and parker had a very close battle. Takam just salty.