NZBoxChat
Joshua vs Parker betting - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Joshua vs Parker betting (/showthread.php?tid=456)

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-03-2018

Infern0 will like this:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101148570/anthony-joshua-impresses-in-workout-video-ahead-of-joseph-parker-fight

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Boxingfan25 - 02-04-2018

(02-02-2018, 07:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:46 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:02 PM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101132806/joseph-parker-v-anthony-joshua-fight-not-deemed-worthy-by-boxings-bible

Fair enough too. Gotta beat the Gypsy King First

No

Official Ring rules state that a vacant title can only be contested if #1 vs #2 fight

That's joshua #1 and wilder #2

Parker is #3 which is why the fight isn'
 For that belt. On rare occasions #1 and #3 can fight for it, for instance klitschko v chagaev when vitali was #2 because thet would never fight each other

I’m well aware of how it works. I was simply meaning that Tyson is the best and neither guy is worthy unless they beat Tyson.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - diehard - 02-04-2018

WBC heavyweight champ Deontay Wilder covets a blockbuster clash with Anthony Joshua

WBC heavyweight title holder Deontay Wilder has weighed in on the Joseph Parker- Anthony Joshua fight.

Deontay Wilder wishes Joseph Parker all the best.

But the fight the WBC heavyweight champion really wants is with Anthony Joshua.

Parker and Joshua are due to meet on April 1 (NZT) for the IBF, WBA Super, IBO and WBO titles. Wilder then lies in wait for the winner.

"I'd be lying if I said I want Joseph Parker to win. But I wish Joseph Parker the best," Wilder told Newshub.

"But the reason that me and Joshua is a highly anticipated fight is that the world wants to see and it will bring the heavyweight division back to its top peak.

"But anything can happen in boxing and we all have to keep in mind that the head isn't meant to be hit in the first place, so if you get hit in a certain way you can go. This is a brutal sport."

If Parker were to upset Joshua, at Cardiff's Principality Stadium, then it would be partly Wilder's doing. Joshua is regarded as more powerful and imposing than Parker, but that can work two ways.

"Parker will also have to be mobile which I think he will do a pretty good job of. The things I'm telling you now I've told him before, because we talk," said Wilder.

"He is going to have to continue to punch while he moves and keep his head moving. If he can do that, he will see openings and see some of the weakness Joshua has."

Essentially, Wilder said, sometimes the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

"Just because a person looks more muscular and looks like they have it all down pat doesn’t mean they are going to destroy everybody

"I tell people that I would rather be the part then look the part, looking the part isn’t going to get me nowhere. I've seen many people look the part but when it's time to perform in a place where it really matters, they can't pull the trigger.

"I think Parker is good at where he is to be a little bit slender, not having too much muscle because when you start bulling too much muscle mass your flexibility starts to decrease."

- Stuff

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 12:34 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 07:21 PM)Infern0 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:46 PM)Boxingfan25 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:02 PM)diehard Wrote: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/101132806/joseph-parker-v-anthony-joshua-fight-not-deemed-worthy-by-boxings-bible

Fair enough too. Gotta beat the Gypsy King First

No

Official Ring rules state that a vacant title can only be contested if #1 vs #2 fight

That's joshua #1 and wilder #2

Parker is #3 which is why the fight isn'
 For that belt. On rare occasions #1 and #3 can fight for it, for instance klitschko v chagaev when vitali was #2 because thet would never fight each other

I’m well aware of how it works. I was simply meaning that Tyson is the best and neither guy is worthy unless they beat Tyson.

I disagree. 

Fury will enter the bottom half of the top 10 if he wins upon hus return which is about right for me.

He's been out for over 2 years and has a ton of question marks.

He could prove he's still the best but its him with it to prove now, parker or joshua will be clear #1 whoever wins

Never rated Fury very highly. He DID beat Klit, and huge props for that. And I think he'd give AJ trouble with his size and style IF he got back to his prime, which is a huge IF. I wish him the best, and hope he fights some of the elite fighters again. Anyone know who he's fighting on March 31st?

Answered my own question:

Tyson Fury says he will fight Shannon Briggs and Antonio Tarver, but not in his comeback bout Coral BarryFriday 2 Feb 2018 4:58 pm Share this article with Facebook Share this article with Twitter Share this article with Google Plus Share this article through email 39 Tyson Fury has yet to officially announce his comeback. Tyson Fury has clarified his comeback opponent will not be Shannon Briggs after telling the heavyweight he would soon be receiving a fight offer. The Brit called out Briggs on Friday ahead of his return to the ring after a two-year lay-off. Fury, speaking directly to Briggs in a video, said he would be sending a fight contract over to his heavyweight rival, which caused fans to assume he would be facing the veteran in his comeback bout in April. But, the 29-year-old has now explained Briggs will not be the one to welcome him back to action, but said he would still be issuing the 46-year-old with a contract. Fury also called out Antonio Tarver and said he was ready to agree to fight the 49-year-old in 2018. He said: ‘Hi guys, this is just to clarify something. I tweeted Shannon Briggs before about a fight, came in with a contract. Shannon Briggs is close to retirement Tyson 'The Gypsy King' Fury Wins 25 Fights 25 By KO 18 Losses 0 Antonio Tarver is almost 50. He will not be my comeback fight but I am going to sign him up anyway for whenever I am ready. I am going to sign Antonio Tarver up too. ‘Tarver if you are watching and Briggs, I am going to send you some contracts but don’t expect to be my comeback fights. So train, prepare and get ready.’ Tarver and Briggs are hardly the elite opponents boxing fans will want to see Fury fight, but the former unified world champion seems to have decided to ease himself back into competition. Fury has not fought since beating Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 and his inactivity has seen him lose all his world titles. The Ring magazine stripped Fury of his heavyweight strap on Thursday after warning him they would have to act if he did not announce his comeback fight by February. Fury has made no official announcement about his comeback, but promoter Frank Warren has suggested the end of April is the targeted date. Warren is expected to sign Fury to a promotional deal which will see him tied BT Sport Boxing for the duration of the contract. That could cause an issue in the future should Fury pursue a showdown with IBF and WBA (Super) champion Anthony Joshua, who is under contract with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom and Sky Sports. Fury is currently in Spain training under new coach Ben Davies as he continues to work his way back to full fitness.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - bopman - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 09:09 PM)diehard Wrote: Never rated Fury very highly. He DID beat Klit, and huge props for that. And I think he'd give AJ trouble with his size and style IF he got back to his prime, which is a huge IF. I wish him the best, and hope he fights some of the elite fighters again. Anyone know who he's fighting on March 31st?

What do you mean by not rating him highly? In this era? Or against the ATG’s?. I seriously think Tyson Fury would beat any of the all time greats,he truly is/was a gifted fighter. The only reason he doesn’t get into peoples top ten is he was a one hit wonder champion with his own demons. At Tysons best current AJ would only have a punchers chance against him. AJ still has a lot to prove and a lot to grow, that is just my current opinion and that could change after JP v AJ. Tyson is the most underrated guy out.

No, in this era. He's beaten a 40 year old Klit and Chisora. Not many people thought he was very good until Klit. I remember defending him, saying he had a good jab and had size. Then, when he beat Klit, everything changed. Klit didn't throw a hundred punches all nite. I would have rated him in the top 5 after he beat Klit, but that's it. I think Klit would have beat him in a rematch.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Infern0 - 02-04-2018

I have been a Tyson Fury supporter for many years, prior to the klitschko fight the vast majority of the online boxing fanbase thought fury was a bum. He was considered to have a glass jaw after being dropped by cunningham and pajkic and badly rocked by nikolai firtha.

I thought he was better than he'd shown, with a good jab, movement and varied inside and outside game, i thought he'd aquit himself well against klitschko but get stopped at some point.

Obviously he proved a lot of people wrong including me, but as someone who spent a number of years sticking up for him, he is now getting a bit overrated. The likes of wilder and joshua wont just stand there getting outboxed, they will come forward and take risks, and i see those as being very competetive fights.

RE: Joshua vs Parker betting - Msreef - 02-04-2018

Tyson Fury is so big and skilled that I think in his prime he could outbox any fighter on the back foot.