NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 04-17-2022

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/errol-spence-beats-yordenis-ugas-by-10th-round-tko-boxing-results/218806

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 04-18-2022

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/219084/219084

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 04-18-2022

Just saw the Spence highlights. Really good fight, and I'd like Ugas to coninue to get meaningful fights. And Spence/Bud please.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 05-02-2022

Andrade injured, Parker fight postponed

The May 21 fight for the WBO interim super middleweight title between Zach Parker (22-0, 16 KOs) and WBO middleweight champion Demetrius Andrade (31-0, 19 KOs) has been postponed due to a shoulder injury suffered in training by Andrade. The bout was set to take place in Parker’s backyard at the Pride Park Stadium in Derby, England.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 05-05-2022

Beterbiev-Smith confirmed for June 18

Three belts and light heavyweight supremacy will be at stake when WBC/IBF world champion Artur Beterbiev (17-0, 17 KOs) meets WBO champion Joe Smith Jr. (28-3, 22 KOs) in a highly anticipated unification showdown on June 18 in the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Beterbiev, boxing’s only world champion with a 100 percent knockout rate, hopes to pick up another strap against “Cinderella Man” Smith, a Long Island native who grew up about 70 miles from Madison Square Garden.

Artur Beterbiev: “I look forward to the challenge ahead of me. Joe Smith Jr. is a worthy champion, but I am coming to Madison Square Garden to add another world title to my collection. This fight will get me one step closer to becoming undisputed champion.”

Joe Smith Jr: “I am extremely excited and focused on this task I have ahead. Facing Beterbiev is huge. It is going to be a fight that fans remember forever, with two of the biggest punches in boxing today facing off. This opportunity is a dream of mine to accomplish. Fighting with three titles on the line is one step closer to becoming undisputed.”

In the 10-round featherweight co-feature, two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist Robeisy “El Tren” Ramirez (9-1, 5 KOs) will battle the unbeaten Abraham “El Super” Nova (21-0, 15 KOs). Beterbiev-Smith and Ramirez-Nova will be broadcast live on ESPN.

The undercard will stream live and exclusively on ESPN+

In six-round bouts, featherweight Bruce “Shu Shu” Carrington (3-0, 2 KOs) and welterweight Jahi Tucker (7-0, 4 KOs) hope to extend their unbeaten records. U.S. Olympian Troy Isley (5-0, 3 KOs), fresh off his knockout win on the Oscar Valdez-Shakur Stevenson undercard, returns in a six-round middleweight bout. Featherweight Kurt Walker (2-0, 1 KO) and junior middleweight Kieran Molloy (1-0, 1 KO) will make their respective U.S. debuts.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 05-15-2022

Charlo KOs Castaño, becomes undisputed

By Rocky Morales at ringside

In a rematch, unified WBC, WBA and IBF world champion Jermell Charlo (35-1-1, 18KO) captured the undisputed super welterweight title with a scintillating tenth round knockout victory over now former WBO champion, Brian Castaño (17-1-2, 12KO) on Saturday night at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. In round ten, Charlo dropped Castano twice to get the victory and become undisputed.

After a measured opening two rounds, action picked up in the third round with Castaño starting to land some heavy blows.

The fourth, fifth and sixth round was tremendous back and forth action bringing the capacity crowd to its feet on numerous occasions.

By the end of the sixth round, Charlo was looking the worse for wear but in round seven he started boxing more and retook control of the fight and Castaño didn’t seem to have the energy to change that.

Charlo, despite winning the eighth and ninety rounds, never took his foot off the gas and Castaño looked like a beaten fighter.

With both fighters exchanging in the tenth, Charlo landed an uppercut that stunned Castaño and shortly afterward a left hook put him down awkwardly. Castaño got up in no condition to continue but the referee allowed him to fight on. Charlo immediately jumped on Castaño and unloaded on him until he slumped down again, leading the referee to finally stop the fight.

Time of the stoppage was 2:33 of the tenth round and with the victory, Jermell Charlo becomes the undisputed super welterweight champion and enters the P4P best discussion, as well.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 05-16-2022

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/tim-tszyu-ready-to-break-jermell-charlo/221699

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 05-20-2022

Babic: I expect this to be another knockout

“The last two fights became too easy for me. I was just knocking guys out. For this fight, I trained like an MF,” said bridgerweight Alen Babic at Thursday’s Buatsi-Richards press conference in London. Babic (10-0, 10 KOs) faces Adam Balski (16-1, 9 KOs) in a twelve-rounder for the WBC silver bridger title on DAZN.

“I expect this to be another knockout, a crazy knockout, because I’m not going to go out there to box. I’m back to my old self. I’m not going to try something new, I’m just going to try to run over this guy. I’m going for it from the first second!“

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 06-01-2022

WBO orders Charlo-Tszyu clash

The WBO World Championship Committee has ordered the camps of undisputed junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo and WBO #1 Tim Tszyu to commence negotiations for a WBO mandatory title defense. The parties have twenty days to reach an agreement. If an accord is not reached within this time frame, the WBO will order a purse bid. Minimum bid is $200,000 and either party involved may request a purse bid at any time during the negotiation process.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 06-26-2022

Promoter: Opetaia in sensational form

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

IBF #3 cruiserweight Jai Opetaia (20-0, 17 KOs) ) has looked in sensational gymnasium form according to promoter Dean Lonergan ahead of his world title challenge against IBF cruiserweight champion Maris Breidis (28-1, 20 KOs) on July 2 at the Gold Coast Convention Centre in Queensland, Australia.

“From a credibility point of view, it doesn’t get any bigger,” Lonergan told foxsports.com.au. “Not only is Briedis the number one cruiserweight in the world, he’s also got The Ring magazine belt which is given only to very, very few people who achieve the absolute excellence in their division.

“With only one loss under his belt, which was by decision to Oleksandr Usyk, which was a southpaw and the same as Jai. This will be massive. Jai’s going to go into this fight as a big underdog, but I think he’s going to come out with a win based on the way he’s been training and overcoming adversity.”