NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 02-26-2022

Eddie reeling us in...

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 02-27-2022

Just happened to switch on Spark and saw the Taylor/Catterall fight.  Taylor won by SD.  Ctterall was ROBBED.  He landed twice the amount of punches and knocked Taylor down.  Both guys had a point taken away for infractions.  Taylor got outboxed and beaten up.  The commentators couldn't believe it.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 02-27-2022

Taylor survives Catterall, still undisputed

Undisputed super lightweight champion Josh Taylor (19-0, 13 KOs) barely retained his WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO belts by twelve round split decision against WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall (26-1, 13 KOs) on Saturday night at the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow, Scotland. For the first eight rounds Catterall largely outboxed and outpunched Taylor, dropping Taylor in round eight. After that Catterall’s workmate went down. Catterall was deducted a point in round ten for holding. Taylor was deducted a point for tapping Catterall after the bell in round eleven. Scores were 113-112 Catterall, 114-111, 113-112 Taylor. Catterall had a big edge in the punch stats.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - African Monkey - 03-01-2022

(02-27-2022, 01:03 PM)diehard Wrote: Just happened to switch on Spark and saw the Taylor/Catterall fight.  Taylor won by SD.  Ctterall was ROBBED.  He landed twice the amount of punches and knocked Taylor down.  Both guys had a point taken away for infractions.  Taylor got outboxed and beaten up.  The commentators couldn't believe it.

Farcical result. I had it 116-109 Catterall.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-01-2022

I agree. Taylor was getting his ass kicked. And he's talking about going up in weight? He'll really get his ass kicked. Taylor was just too easy to hit. Taylor talked about losing his power at this weight. No, he just got outboxed. Hit with lead left hands (southpaw) and countered. He was a bloody mess. Surely this should be investigated by the alphabets.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-01-2022

That's ok. He'll whoop Taylor's ass at welterweight.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/josh-taylor-says-he-will-give-jack-catterall-a-rematch-but-it-would-have-to-be-at-welterweight/214172

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-17-2022

Tim Tszyu hits America

After a long flight from Australia, WBO #1-ranked contender Tim Tszyu (20-0, 15 KOs) has arrived to the U.S. in preparation for his upcoming showdown with 2012 U.S. Olympian Terrell Gausha (22-2-1, 11 KOs). Tszyu vs. Gausha, a 12-round clash, will headline live on SHOWTIME, Saturday, March 26 from The Armory in Minneapolis.

“I have come to America with big visions of taking over the whole super welterweight division and becoming the next great 154-pound champion of the world,” said Tszyu, the son of Hall of Fame fighter Kostya Tszyu. “To become a legend, you must come to America at some point in your career and leave a mark on the sport. I want to continue my family’s legacy in boxing, as well as forge my own journey. March 26 is the start of my era.”

“I respect my opponent, he has a world-class amateur pedigree, and has fought at the championship level,” continued Tszyu, who will be making his U.S. debut. “I feel that facing someone like Gausha, who is coming off a big win, makes for a great fight. This will be my SHOWTIME debut, and I am looking to not just be the best, but to also be the face of the network. I want to follow in the footsteps of my father, and one day be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.”

“We are ready to take the next step in Tim’s career as we have had amazing success back home, but we want to show the whole world what he is capable of, and what better place than America for that?” said Tszyu’s trainer Igor Goloubev. “I know that he has the ability of a Hall of Fame fighter, now we must prove it. 2022 will be a great year for us and we look forward to the journey fighting here in the U.S.”

“We have big plans for Tim Tszyu to really make a name for himself here in the United States,” said George Rose, CEO of No Limit Boxing, who promotes Tszyu. “A great performance on SHOWTIME will be the start of something special for our fighter, who we believe will be the next superstar in boxing.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-25-2022

Tszyu-Gausha Final Press Conference

Top super welterweight contender and rising star Tim Tszyu went face-to-face with U.S. Olympian Terrell Gausha at the final press conference Thursday before they meet in the main event live on SHOWTIME this Saturday at The Armory in Minneapolis.

Tim Tszyu: “I’m taking it one step at a time, but I’m here to really take over. I believe in what I can do. That’s what’s in my heart and in my destiny. I’m going to do what I always do. The game plan is quite simple. I’m going to make as few mistakes as possible and capitalize on his mistakes.”

Terrell Gausha: “When I watch Tszyu’s fights, I see that he brings the pressure. That’s just what he does. It’s not something I haven’t seen before. I’m going to go out there and do some things that he hasn’t seen before…I don’t think he’s going to be ready for what I’m going to show him Saturday.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-27-2022

Tszyu defeats Gausha in U.S. debut

In his long-awaited USA debut, unbeaten WBO #1 rated junior middleweight Tim Tszyu (21-0, 15 KOs) scored a one-sided twelve round unanimous decision over 2012 U.S. Olympian Terrell Gausha (22-3-1, 11 KOs) on Saturday night at The Armory in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Gausha dropped Tszyu with a right hand in round one. After that, Tszyu, the son of ring legend Kostya Tszyu, took over, mostly pummeling Gausha on the ropes for the rest of the way. Scores were 114-113, 116-111, 115-112.

In a clash between unbeaten lightweights, WBA #2 rated Michel “La Zarza Ali” Rivera (23-0, 14 KOs) outboxed Joseph “Blessed Hands” Adorno (14-1-2, 12 KOs) over ten rounds. Scores were 97-93 3x.

Super lightweight contender Elvis “The Dominican Kid” Rodríguez (13-1-1, 12 KOs) scored a seventh round KO over Juan José Velasco (23-3, 14 KOs). Rodriguez dropped Velasco three times in round seven to end it. Time was 2:49.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 03-27-2022

Some short highlights, and Tszyu getting knocked down:

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/216591/216591