NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 08-25-2020

ESPN is reporting that WBC/IBF light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev has a new opponent. Beterbiev will now face Adam Deines (19-1-1, 10 KOs) on September 25 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. Original foe Meng Fanlong has visa problems.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-09-2020

Loma, Teofimo, Arum Quotes

WBO/WBA/WBC Franchise world champion Vasiliy “Loma” Lomachenko and unbeaten IBF world champion Teofimo Lopez have signed their contracts and they’re both good to go for their October 17 undisputed lightweight title showdown from the MGM Grand Conference Center aka the “Las Vegas Bubble.”

Vasiliy Lomachenko: “Teofimo Lopez can talk all he wants. He’s very good at talking. He has done nothing but say my name for the past two years. I am a fighter, and my goal is to win another world title. Good for Teofimo. When we fight in Las Vegas, he will eat my punches and his words. I will be the better man, and four world titles will come home with me to Ukraine.”

Teofimo Lopez: “I will beat up Lomachenko and take his belts. Simple as that. I’m coming to Las Vegas to make history. I don’t like the guy, and I’m going to have fun as Lomachenko’s face is beaten and marked up by my hands. The Takeover is here, and the reign of Lomachenko, the little diva, is coming to an end.”

Promoter Bob Arum: “Lomachenko-Lopez is the best fight that can be made in boxing, and we are delighted that it will be available to fans for no extra charge live on ESPN. Teofimo and Vasiliy demanded the fight, and we are glad we could make it happen. Vasiliy has never backed down from a challenge since he turned pro under the Top Rank banner, and Teofimo is a fearless young champion daring to be great. This has all the makings of a modern boxing classic.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-10-2020

Tim Tszyu Could Get A Shot At Patrick Teixeira’s WBO Title Before The End Of The Year
September 9, 2020 by James Slater

Tim Tszyu may get the chance to become a world champion before the end of the year. This is the word via a news story from Fox Sports Australia. Tszyu, who looked sensational in handing countryman and former WBO welterweight champ Jeff Horn a one-sided hammering last month, has said many times he will make a name for himself and will not merely be known as “the son,” as in the son of the great Kostya Tszyu.

Tim Tszyu may get the chance to become a world champion before the end of the year. This is the word via a news story from Fox Sports Australia. Tszyu, who looked sensational in handing countryman and former WBO welterweight champ Jeff Horn a one-sided hammering last month, has said many times he will make a name for himself and will not merely be known as “the son,” as in the son of the great Kostya Tszyu.

If the hugely impressive stoppage win over Horn didn’t do it for 25-year-old Tszyu, then perhaps a win over reigning WBO 154 pound champ Patrick Teixeira would do it. And the fight could happen in Australia before the end of 2020.

“All parties are very interested in making this fight happen – Teixeira’s promoters [Golden Boy] want to see him back in the ring defending his belt as soon as possible, and the WBO is obviously in the business of keeping their champions active, said Tsyzu’s promoter, Matt Rose.

“There are a few hurdles to get over, but it’s looking good, and it could happen very quickly.”

But is the 16-0(12) Tszyu, who became the WBO number-2 contender courtesy of his dismantling of Horn, ready for a world title fight? Teixeira of Brazil is a solid fighter who showed his toughness in beating Carlos Adames to take the belt in November of last year. 29-year-old Teixeira, a southpaw, is currently 31-1, and he has a considerable edge in pro experience over Tszyu.

Teixeira owes Argentine Brian Castano a mandatory title shot, yet Rose says a voluntary defense is being asked for (and with Castano stuck at home due to the coronavirus, Teixeira couldn’t be blamed for trying to get himself another fight, could he).

“Ultimately, we have asked the WBO to grant the champion a voluntary defense given that it looks increasingly unlikely he’ll be able to fight his mandatory before the end of the year,” Rose said.

A Teixeira-Tszyu fight would, of course, be a huge event in Australia, and Teixeira, as a visiting world champion, should be looking at a good payday. But again, is it too soon for Tsyzu, or is it not? It’s an interesting match-up, that’s for sure.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-11-2020

WBO #2 Tszyu targets Teixeira

By Ray Wheatley – World of Boxing

WBO #2 light middleweight Tim Tszyu (16-0, 12 KOs) was interested in challenging WBO light middleweight champion Patrick Teixeira (31-1, 21 KOs) for the title in Australia according to Tszyu’s promoter Matt Rose, but the WBO has ruled Teixeira must defend against his mandatory challenger Brian Castano

“All parties are very interested in making this fight happen – Teixeira’s promoters (Golden Boy Promotions) want to see him back in the ring defending his belt as soon as possible and the WBO is obviously in the business of keeping their champions active,” says Rose.

“There’s a few hurdles to get over but it’s looking good and it could all happen very quickly, plus it helps that the world just saw a big crowd at our event in Townsville. Ultimately we have asked the WBO to grant the champion (Teixeira) a ‘voluntary’ defense given that it looks increasingly unlikely he’ll be able to fight his ‘mandatory’ before the end of the year.”

The WBO ruled Wednesday that Teixeira must defend against Brian Castano the mandatory challenger. Rose stated he’s been informed it will be held November 2020.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-23-2020

September 26
PPV
Jermall Charlo vs. Sergiy Derevyanchenko
(WBC middleweight title)
Jermell Charlo vs. Jeison Rosario
(WBC/WBA/IBF jr middleweight titles)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-24-2020

Loma-Lopez undercard official

It’s official. The Oct. 17 lightweight unification showdown between WBC Franchise/WBA/WBO world champion Vasiliy “Loma” Lomachenko and IBF kingpin Teofimo Lopez from the MGM Grand Las Vegas “Bubble”— now has a two-course undercard.

In the 10-round junior welterweight co-feature, former world title challenger Alex Saucedo will fight unbeaten contender Arnold Barboza Jr.

The televised opener will see super middleweight knockout sensation Edgar Berlanga test his perfect record against veteran Lanell Bellows in an eight-rounder. Berlanga (14-0, 14 KOs) has won all 14 of his professional fights by first-round stoppage.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-26-2020

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/charlo-twins-join-all-the-smoke/158992

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-28-2020

charlomania Report Card

Houston’s Charlo Twins made successful pay-per-view debuts on Saturday in a historic night of boxing as Jermell Charlo unified the WBC, WBA, and IBF 154-pound titles with a spectacular eighth-round knockout against Jeison Rosario in the main event of part two of the first-ever pay-per-view doubleheader live on SHOWTIME PPV from the Mohegan Sun.

Jermell’s 30-year-old twin brother Jermall Charlo defended his WBC middleweight world title for the third time and improved to 6-0 at 160 pounds with a skilled and disciplined unanimous decision victory over Sergiy Derevyanchenko in the first main event of an unprecedented night of boxing that included five world title bouts and lasted more than 6 1/2 hours.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 10-05-2020

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/bob-arum-on-the-zepeda-baranchyk-war-the-best-fight-ive-seen-since-foreman-lyle/160408

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 10-06-2020

Mrs D taped this one for me. Great fight. Almost an upset:

https://fightnews.com/buatsi-stops-calic-in-seven/87301