NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - African Monkey - 10-24-2019

(10-24-2019, 11:26 AM)justafan Wrote: You bloody legend AM! I was just about to look for this! Have been reading all the stories out of the Uk and am quite excited about the card.
Get up there Pricey!

Yup can't wait!

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 11-08-2019

Naoya "Monster" Inoue v Nonito Donaire in the World Boxing Super Series bantamweight final will be shown delayed on Sky Sport 4 (channel 54) at 11:15 Friday night and again at 1pm on Saturday on Sky Sport 8 (channel 58). Should be a good fight while it lasts; Inoue is widely regarded as one of the hardest pound for pound punchers in boxing: https://youtu.be/9hhUihZMq3Q

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 11-24-2019

Callum Smith Overcomes John Ryder With Questionable Scores

Liverpool, UK - WBA super middleweight champion Callum Smith (26-0, 19 KOs) won what was an unpolular decision to some, with a twelve round unanimous decision over John Ryder (28-5, 16 KOs). The scores were 117-111, 116-112, 116-112.

There wasn't much in the first round, as they were feeling each other out. Ryder put in a few small attacks. The southpaw style of Ryder was getting past Smith, as he was landing head shots when coming inside.

Smith began to have a better third with his jab. Ryder came out firing in the fourth and taking the fight to Smith in close. Smith sustained a cut around the right eye from a clash of heads.

Smith was letting his hands go more often in the fifth. There was damage to the right eye of Smith. Smith continued to get his hands going and landing on Ryder in the sixth. Ryder was backing Smith up to the ropes in the seventh and forcing Smith to fight.

Both had their moments in the eight. The ninth was close, but Ryder continued to press forward and landing shots on the inside. Smith was being bulled back in the tenth and unable to get the shots off that he wanted. Smith was more active with his punches in the eleventh, but he was still getting tagged by hard punches.

Smith looked exhausted in the twelfth and Ryder was pushing forward. Smith was doing his best to fight him off, but he didn't land much.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-01-2019

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/117846432/john-wayne-parr-sends-anthony-mundine-into-retirement-after-split-decision-upset

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-21-2019

Jacobs wins when Chavez Jr. quits after five

In his super middleweight debut, former middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (36-3, 30 KOs) scored a fifth round TKO over former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (51-4-1, 33 KOs) on Friday night at the Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Arizona.

Chavez missed weight by 4.7 pounds, but the extra weight didn’t bother Jacobs, who had bloodied up Chavez by round five. Chavez quit after the round citing an undisclosed injury. Fans pelted the ring with trash after the fight.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/daniel-jacobs-defeats-julio-cesar-chavez-jr/138757

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 10:49 PM)diehard Wrote: Jacobs wins when Chavez Jr. quits after five

In his super middleweight debut, former middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (36-3, 30 KOs) scored a fifth round TKO over former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (51-4-1, 33 KOs) on Friday night at the Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Arizona.

Chavez missed weight by 4.7 pounds, but the extra weight didn’t bother Jacobs, who had bloodied up Chavez by round five. Chavez quit after the round citing an undisclosed injury. Fans pelted the ring with trash after the fight.

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/daniel-jacobs-defeats-julio-cesar-chavez-jr/138757

This guy needs to give it away. Granted that it was always going to be a pretty tough order to live up to his father's legacy but the positive drugs tests, failures to make weight and now throwing in the towel surely confirm that he has no future in the fight game?

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-22-2019

I agree. Here's the defense: https://fightnews.com/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-has-a-broken-nose/64739

Charlo TKOs Harrison, regains WBC 154lb title

In a rematch, Jermell Charlo (33-1, 17 KOs) got his former title back by stopping WBC super welterweight champion Tony Harrison (28-3, 21 KOs) on Saturday night at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California. Charlo dropped Harrison at the end of round two, but Harrison turned it into a tactical affair with very close rounds. The end came when Charlo knocked down Harrison twice in round eleven and got the stoppage with his follow-up barrage. Time was 2:28.

Errol Spence: I'll Be Back in May or June, Started Training
By Jake Donovan Published On Sat Dec 21, 2019, 09:38 PM EST
Errol Spence insists he’s ready to defend his throne.

An exclusive interview conducted with Fox Sports on Saturday evening marked the first public appearance for the unbeaten, unified titlist since injuries sustained in a horrific single car crash this past October in downtown Dallas. Spence spent six days in Methodist Dallas Medical Center, after which he was released and subsequently charged with a single count of Class B misdemeanor Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).

The charge remains a legal matter, but Spence insists he is otherwise prepare to pick up where he left off in the ring and resume his role as the best welterweight in the world.

“I’m fighting around May or June,” Spence (26-0, 21KOs) insisted to Fox Sports’ Brian Kenny. “I already started training. I hit the mitts. I’m feeling real good and ready to come back.”

The 29-year old from Desoto, Texas has been out since a 12-round split decision win over Shawn Porter (30-3-1, 17KOs) in a leading Fight of the Year candidate this past September in Los Angeles, California. Immediately following the win came the in-ring reveal of his next facing former two-division titlist Danny Garcia, as the bout was due to take place January 25 live on Fox Sports Pay-Per-View.

Those plans were obviously put on hold following the aforementioned crash, which totaled his car and left him with still visible facial scars. With the insistence that all sustained injuries were cosmetic, came the promise of setting his sights on the best of the rest in the welterweight division.

“I’m rejuvenated and ready to return,” revealed Spence. “I don’t want a tune-up fight; I want a top fight. Manny Pacquaio. Danny Garcia—I was supposed to fight [Garcia] in January but I had the accident.

“I am the top dog in the division. I am the king of the welterweight division. None of those guys wanted me to come back . I’ll definitely be back summertime… summer or spring, I’ll definitely be back next year.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:20 PM)diehard Wrote: Errol Spence: I'll Be Back in May or June, Started Training
By Jake Donovan  Published On Sat Dec 21, 2019, 09:38 PM EST
Errol Spence insists he’s ready to defend his throne.

An exclusive interview conducted with Fox Sports on Saturday evening marked the first public appearance for the unbeaten, unified titlist since injuries sustained in a horrific single car crash this past October in downtown Dallas. Spence spent six days in Methodist Dallas Medical Center, after which he was released and subsequently charged with a single count of Class B misdemeanor Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).

The charge remains a legal matter, but Spence insists he is otherwise prepare to pick up where he left off in the ring and resume his role as the best welterweight in the world.

“I’m fighting around May or June,” Spence (26-0, 21KOs) insisted to Fox Sports’ Brian Kenny. “I already started training. I hit the mitts. I’m feeling real good and ready to come back.”

The 29-year old from Desoto, Texas has been out since a 12-round split decision win over Shawn Porter (30-3-1, 17KOs) in a leading Fight of the Year candidate this past September in Los Angeles, California. Immediately following the win came the in-ring reveal of his next facing former two-division titlist Danny Garcia, as the bout was due to take place January 25 live on Fox Sports Pay-Per-View.

Those plans were obviously put on hold following the aforementioned crash, which totaled his car and left him with still visible facial scars. With the insistence that all sustained injuries were cosmetic, came the promise of setting his sights on the best of the rest in the welterweight division.

“I’m rejuvenated and ready to return,” revealed Spence. “I don’t want a tune-up fight; I want a top fight. Manny Pacquaio. Danny Garcia—I was supposed to fight [Garcia] in January but I had the accident.

“I am the top dog in the division. I am the king of the welterweight division. None of those guys wanted me to come back . I’ll definitely be back summertime… summer or spring, I’ll definitely be back next year.”

Funny how he doesn't mention Crawford's name as a prospective opponent, he never does!