NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 08-18-2019

(07-03-2019, 01:42 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote: also they just made the Kovalev Yarde fight, its such a step up for Yarde either theyre cashing him out or theyre confident of going to Kovalevs backyard and beating him. I cant see Yarde ending up anyway but on his back. What do you guys think?

I don't know a lot about Yarde but would agree that even at this stage of Kovalev's career it would seem to be a pretty big step up for him, given the list of no names on Yarde's resume. So yeah it looks like Frank Warren is cashing out here but it seems Kovalev is the one in line for the biggest payday, with reports saying that his proposed fight with Canelo is a done deal if he gets the win over Yarde. 

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 08-21-2019

The long awaited light heavyweight unification bout between Artur Beterbiev (IBF champion) and Oleksandr Gvozdyk (WBC champion) has officially been announced for October 18 in Philadelphia. Don't miss this one, should be fireworks!

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 08-25-2019

Next weekend Vasyl Lomachenko takes on Luke Campbell for the WBC lightweight belt vacated by Mikey Garcia. Can't wait, I always love seeing Loma fight!

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 08-29-2019

Erislandy Lara v Ramon Alvarez for the vacant WBA super welterweight title will be shown live on Sky Sport 5 (channel 55) from midday this Sunday.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 08-30-2019

Erislandy Lara: “I think after the sixth round, you will see all the training that I did and the game plan that we have, start to break him down. After that, the knockout is going to come…I come well prepared for this fight. The fight with Canelo was a long time ago, so now I’m just looking forward and toward being in bigger fights.”

Ramon Alvarez: “I’m not worried about what Lara’s mindset is. I’m prepared and ready to go. I’m here to write my own story as I’ve been doing by working hard since day one. What happened between my brother and Lara was years ago and you can’t change history…but I will make history on Saturday night. The Alvarez brothers are going to make more history for Mexico when I win this title.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - Ibeabuchi - 08-30-2019

(08-21-2019, 01:09 AM)nullanulla Wrote: The long awaited light heavyweight unification bout between Artur Beterbiev (IBF champion) and Oleksandr Gvozdyk (WBC champion) has officially been announced for October 18 in Philadelphia. Don't miss this one, should be fireworks!

this is going to be one hell of a fight!! best division in boxing right now

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 08-31-2019

(08-30-2019, 09:28 PM)Ibeabuchi Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 01:09 AM)nullanulla Wrote: The long awaited light heavyweight unification bout between Artur Beterbiev (IBF champion) and Oleksandr Gvozdyk (WBC champion) has officially been announced for October 18 in Philadelphia. Don't miss this one, should be fireworks!

this is going to be one hell of a fight!! best division in boxing right now

This could well be a contender for fight of the year and I can't wait to see it. These guys have a combined record of 31-0 with 28 KOs - if only we saw more matchups like this in boxing!

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 08-31-2019

https://fightnews.com/lara-makes-weight-alvarez-4-6-lbs-heavy/53289

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 09-09-2019

Canelo vs. Kovalev on November 2?

Update: Golden Boy President Eric Gomez stated “Nothing done,” on social media. So we’ll see what ultimately unfolds.

Multi-division world champion Canelo Alvarez will reportedly challenge WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev on November 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. According to ESPN Deportes, the fight has been agreed upon, but is not yet signed. Canelo will be looking to win a world title in a fourth weight division.

Canelo-Kovalev had been on the table before Kovalev’s recent defense against Anthony Yarde and a step-aside offer had even been refused by Yarde. Kovalev knocked out Yarde in round eleven and stated afterward that he wanted Canelo next.

Early odds on the fight have Canelo as a 5:1 favorite. The bout would stream on DAZN.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - Ibeabuchi - 09-10-2019

Canelo cherry picking, hoping to beat up on an aging "shot" Kovalev. I hope this isnt going to be at catchweight and that they test the fuck out of Canelo leading into it. I cant see a Kovalev win given his weakness to the body, but Id love to see him ice Alvarez. Hes going to have keep him on the outside with those long snapping jabs and try and catch him with that legendary straight right down the pipe, as soon as Canelo gets inside for long stretches its going to be all over