NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - justafan - 12-23-2018

Josh Warrington wins by unanimous decision!
The judges scorecard confirms it. 116-113, 116-112, 116-112

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - craigyid14 - 12-23-2018

What a fight, possible fight of the year contender.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-23-2018

Warrington beats Frampton, retains IBF 126lb belt

Undefeated IBF featherweight world champion Josh Warrington (28-0, 6 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over former two-division world champion Carl “The Jackal” Frampton (26-2, 15 KOs) on Saturday night at the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. Warrington was very aggressive and threw nonstop punches. Frampton came back late. Both fighters had their moments. Scores were 116-113, 116-112, 116-112.

(12-23-2018, 01:40 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: What a fight, possible fight of the year contender.
Was watching Whyte v Chisora but will watch replay later. Such a tough call which fight to watch as have always been a huge Warrington fan but hand on heart I didn't think he could do what he's just done. How wrong was I!

Shocker: Harrison dethrones Jermell Charlo

Super welterweight Tony Harrison (28-2, 21 KOs) dethroned WBC champion Jermell Charlo (31-1, 15 KOs) by stunning twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Charlo was the aggressor but didn’t close the show and Harrison who took a controversial 116-112, 115-113, 115-113 verdict.

I remember about two years ago when everyone was laughing at Warrington saying he was just an Eddie Hearn hype job. You wonder if Hearn wouldn't mind him back now???
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/23/josh-warrington-surprises-carl-frampton-ibf-featherweight-title-fight

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - craigyid14 - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018, 02:06 PM)justafan Wrote:
(12-23-2018, 01:40 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: What a fight, possible fight of the year contender.
Was watching Whyte v Chisora but will watch replay later. Such a tough call which fight to watch as have always been a huge Warrington fan but hand on heart I didn't think he could do what he's just done. How wrong was I!

It was a bit of a no contest for me, although there was some genuine beef between Chisora and Whyte, effectively it was a British title fight. Warrington/Frampton was a fight I was looking forward to for ages, I'm surprised Frampton was such a big favourite, Warrington was class against Selby, I fancied his chances before the first bell but have never witnessed an onslaught like in the first 2 rounds. Please watch it, Frampton did well to get past them.

Jermall Charlo gets past Korobov

WBC interim middleweight world champion Jermall Charlo (28-0, 21 KOs) scored a hard fought twelve round unanimous decision over late sub Matt Korobov (28-2, 14 KOs) on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Korobov gave Charlo all he could handle for the first eleven rounds. Charlo finally rocked Korobov in the last round. Scores were 119-108, 116-112, 116-112.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-25-2018

They had both Charlo fights on Fight Night. Not impressed with either Charlo brothers as they just aren't that exciting. That said, Jermell Charlo won that fight, and Harrison was lucky to get a win. Didn't think it was controversial as much as it was a close fight, with the wrong guy winning.

Jermall Charlo clearly won the fight, but it was another yawner until the 12th when Charlo finally hurt him. Korobov was supposed to fight an 8 rounder on the undercard, and stepped in at the last minute. Gave a good account of himself.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 01-14-2019

Anyone interested in Pacquiao v Broner for the WBA welterweight title next weekend? $34.95 on Sky Arena Sunday 20 January from 3PM. I won't be buying it but will head down to my local to watch it. Badou Jack v Marcus Browne at light heavyweight on the undercard could be worth a watch as well.