NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-05-2018

December 8
ESPN (9PM ET/6PM PT)

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jose Pedraza
(WBA/WBO lightweight titles)
Isaac Dogboe vs. Emanuel Navarrete
(WBO jr featherweight title)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-07-2018

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/lomachenko-and-pedraza-final-press-conference-quotes-for-sat/105343

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-08-2018

Loma, Pedraza, Dogboe, Navarrete make weight

By David Finger at the scale

Vasiliy Lomachenko 134.4 vs. Jose Pedraza 134.2
(WBA, WBO lightweight unification)

Isaac Dogboe 120.8 vs. Emanuel Navarrete 122
(WBO super bantamweight title)

Mason Menard 135 vs. Teofimo Lopez 135
Brian Ceballo 147.8 vs. Daniel Calzada 147.6
Juan Carlos Abreu 146.8 vs. Alexander Besputin 146.6
Guido Vianello 236 vs. Luke Lyons 239.8
Josh Renteria 142.8 vs. Josue Vargas 142.6
Michael Perez 142.4 vs. Abdiel Ramirez 142.4

Venue: Madison Square Garden, New York City
Promoter: Top Rank
TV: ESPN

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-09-2018

Looking forward to Dogboe and Lomachenko, which should be happening around now. Unfortunately, no SKY POP-UP:

Results from New York City
FacebookTwitterReddit
By David Finger at ringside

WBA #1 and USBA welterweight titleholder Alexander Besputin (12-0, 9 KOs) scored a hard-fought ten round unanimous decision over Juan Carlos Abreu (21-5-1, 19 KOs). Besputin floored Abreu in round one and was credited with a second knockdown in round eight. Scores were 100-88 across the board.

Pro debuting 2016 Olympian heavyweight Guido Vianello (1-0, 1 KO) annihilated Luke Lyons (5-2-1, 2 KOs) in two rounds. Guido dropped Lyons at the end of round one and put him down for the count 29 seconds into round two.

Super lightweight Josue Vargas (12-1, 8 KOs) scored a fifth round KO over John Renteria (16-6-1, 12 KOs). Time was :31. Vargas dropped Renteria in rounds two and four before finishing him in round five.

Super lightweight Abdiel Ramirez (24-3-1, 22 KOs) scored an eighth round KO over Michael “The Artist” Perez (25-3-2, 11 KOs). Both fighters were down earlier in the bout and Ramirez got the win after battering Perez to the canvas in the final stanza. Time was :54.

Unbeaten welterweight Brian Ceballo (6-0, 3 KOs) swept past Daniel Calzada (16-20-3, 2 KOs) 40-36 on all three cards.

Followed this fight on Eastside. Helluva fight. Hopefully, they'll have it on Monday or Tuesday nite boxing on Sky:

Navarrete pummels and dethrones Dogboe
FacebookTwitterReddit

Mandatory challenger Emanuel “Vaquero” Navarrete (25-1, 22 KOs) battered and dethroned previously unbeaten WBO junior featherweight champion Isaac “Royal Storm” Dogboe (20-0, 14 KOs) taking a twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The taller Navarrete took the fight to Dogboe over the first half of the fight, but Dogboe came back after Navarrete injured his right hand. Navarrete had a big round ten, rocking Dogboe and dominated the rest of the fight. Scores were 115-113, 116-112, 116-112.

Lomachenko beats Pedraza in unification bout

WBA lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko (12-1, 9 KOs) scored a twelve round unanimous decision to take the belt of WBO lightweight champion Jose Pedraza (25-2, 12 KOs) in a lightweight unification clash on Saturday night at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. It was a tactical fight with Lomachenko bringing the pressure but not dominating in normal Loma fashion until round eleven when he exploded and battered Pedraza pillar to post with two knockdowns. Scores were 119-107, 117-109, 117-109.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-10-2018

Lomachenko: People who love boxing liked this fight

By David Finger

WBA and WBO lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko once again showed the world why he is considered quite possibly the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world after winning a lopsided twelve round decision over Jose Pedraza in a lightweight unification fight. But even his most ardent supporters seem to recognize that there is a glitch in the Matrix. Lomachenko looked solid in defeating Pedraza by twelve round decision. But he also seemed to be bothered by the jab and overall slickness of the Puerto Rican champion and, at least for the early rounds, didn’t really look like the Lomachenko of old.

“It was an interesting fight,” Lomachenko said during the post fight press conference in the Hulu Theater after the fight. “He has a very good jab. He prepared very good. Every round he changed position and he boxed smart. I think people who love boxing liked this fight.”

Lomachenko was good natured but dismissive when asked by one reporter “what happened in round eleven?”

“Have you see the fight?!” Lomachenko fired back. “Have you watched the fight?! Then why are you asking me?!”

He then followed the joking rebuke with a more in depth summary of the round.

“I had two more rounds and I threw a lot of punches. I wanted to finish this fight…I was close.”

“He was definitely one of the best fighters in the world,” Pedraza said of Lomachenko. “My team and I are very happy with my performance because we did a great fight with one of the best fighters in the world. We are very happy with the performance.”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 12-22-2018

Charlos, Korobov, Harrison make weight

Jermall Charlo 159.6 vs. Matt Korobov 159.25
(WBC interim middleweight title)

Jermell Charlo 153.5 vs. Tony Harrison 153.25
(WBC super welterweight title)

Dominic Breazeale 256.5 vs. Carlos Negron 226

Venue: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York
Promoter: TGB Promotions

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - justafan - 12-23-2018

Anyone give Josh Warrington a chance against Carl Frampton?
I'm a big fan of Warrington but not sure I can find a way to pick him over Frampton

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - justafan - 12-23-2018

Sounds like Warrington has dominated a full on first two rounds. I'm not watching, just going off updates