NZBoxChat
Pro Fights in other Divisions - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pro Fights in other Divisions (/showthread.php?tid=377)

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 10-18-2018

Great to see Bivol back in the ring so soon after his win over Chilemba. We will be treated to some great fights in the light heavyweight division before the year is out; Adonis Stevenson defends his WBC title against Oleksandr Gvozdyk on 1 December, Artur Beterbiev has just been announced to defend his IBF belt against Joe Smith Jr on either 15 or 22 December and then there is the Eleider Alvarez v Sergey Kovalev rematch scheduled for early next year. The division is stacked with talent and it will be fascinating to see how things play out.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 10-21-2018

Andrade wins WBO middleweight title

By Jason Marchetti at ringside

Former 154lb world champion Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (26-0, 16 KOs) claimed the vacant WBO middleweight title with a dominant twelve round unanimous decision over Walter Kautondokwa (17-1, 16 KOs) on Saturday night at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Andrade dropped Kautondokwa four times in the first 4 rounds in stunning fashion.

The taller, heavier, much larger Kautondokwa was slow to move and react and Andrade took advantage early, landing flush left power shots to the head.

During the first knockdown, Andrade’s two-punch combo caused Kautondokwa to fall awkwardly, that Andrade kept swinging and hit him while he was on the canvas in which no foul was called.

In the 3rd, Andrade moved so quickly and elusively that when Kautondokwa spun around to keep up with him, he ate a monsterous straight left hand which sent him to the canvas again.

Andrade turned up the heat in the 4th round sending Kautondokwa to the floor twice more, however, one of them should have been called a double knockdown. Although Andrade was dominant during the exchange, he did get caught with a punch and his glove hit the canvas before Kautondokwa struggled to get up himself. In the end, it wouldn’t matter, as he totally dominated the rest of the bout. Andrade seemed to take his foot off the gas a bit and test Kautondokwa in the later rounds to which the challenger proved durable. The final scores were 120-104 (twice) and 119-105.

After the bout, Andrade said, “We are going to build on this. I wanted to fight Saunders, but Kautondokwa was tough too. I’ll sit down with Eddie Hearn and decide what’s next. I want to continue to fight the best!”

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 10-28-2018

Jacobs wins IBF middleweight title by split decision

In a clash for the vacant IBF middleweight title, Daniel “The Miracle Man” Jacobs (35-2, 29 KOs) scored a twelve round split decision over previously unbeaten Sergiy “The Technician” Derevyanchenko (12-1, 10 KOs) on Saturday night inside the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Jacobs scored a flash knockdown at the end of round one. Derevyanchenko rocked Jacobs in round two. They continued to trade big shots as the rounds progressed with both fighters having their moments. In the end, it was 115-112, 115-112 Jacobs, 114-113 Derevyanchenko.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 11-02-2018

Shawn Porter Only Interested In Thurman, Spence Fights – For Now
James Slater - 01/11/2018 3 Comments

Warrior Shawn Porter is very much an old-school fighter, in as much as the reigning WBC welterweight king never looks to cherry-pick. No, Porter is in possession of the fiercely proud mindset that belonged to the greats of yesteryear. Case in point: Porter, who recently won the WBC belt with a tough and close September win over Danny Garcia, is not looking to cash in with an easy or safe first defence.

Not at all. Porter is instead looking at facing one of two names in his next fight early in 2019: Keith Thurman or Errol Spence. Now it goes without saying how saying how eagerly fight fans would welcome either fight, and if it’s down to Porter, we will get to see at least one of these match-ups next year.

Speaking with Sky Sports, Porter, 29-2-1(17) said he fully expects Thurman – who of course battled to a close and thrilling decision win over Porter in a 2016 FOTY candidate – to come back and fight him in a mandated fight next year. If it’s not that fight that happens next though, Porter makes it clear he wants Spence.

“Right now the mandatory is Keith Thurman and I know the negotiations got underway about three weeks ago and we should know really soon, whether it’s going to happen and where it will take place,” Porter said. “He wants the fight. I know for a while he said he wanted a comeback fight and now he’s saying he wants to fight me and accept the mandatory challenge. The WBC have Thurman in mind and I’ve told who I’ve had to tell, if I can’t fight Keith Thurman, I don’t really want to fight anyone other than Errol Spence. Those two fights are the only ones who make sense for me.”

In terms of the best possible 147 pound action right now, Porter against either Thurman or Spence would be what fans would want (Terence Crawford aside). Thurman would be foolish to come straight back and fight Porter, though, so maybe the former champ who has not fought in getting on for two years will have that comeback fight first. As for Spence, negotiations are ongoing for the IBF boss to fight Mikey Garcia next year.

It looks, then, as though it might all depend on what Thurman wants to do next. But Porter has made it clear, yet again, that he wants to fight the best and nothing but the best. And as mentally strong as he is, as physically all-conquering as he is, as determined as he is, don’t ever go and make the mistake of betting against Porter beating both of his rivals.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - nullanulla - 11-09-2018

Bellew v Usyk on this weekend, anybody know if we get to see it on Sky?

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - Boxingfan25 - 11-09-2018

(11-09-2018, 02:53 PM)nullanulla Wrote: Bellew v Usyk on this weekend, anybody know if we get to see it on Sky?

It’s on PPV

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 11-09-2018

I'll check SKY POP-UP later on today. Others can do the same. It's usually on Channel 65, or close to it.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 11-09-2018

Nah, they want $35 on SKY SPORT. It's early Sunday morning, NZ time.

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - justafan - 11-10-2018

I’d love to watch this fight and the card for that matter but how many people in this country are paying $35??? Seriously would it do 50 buys in NZ? Sky should have a loyalty sceme for boxing and mma ppvs. If you buy all three Parker ppvs and say Canelo v GGG that’s around $200. Surely if you’re paid sky that much everything else should come free. My guess would be sky wouldn’t want that when they are hemorging money but maybe this type of crap is the reason they are losing so many customers!!!

RE: Pro Fights in other Divisions - diehard - 11-11-2018

Undercard Results from Manchester, UK

Heavyweight David Allen (16-4-2, 13 KOs) was victorious when Ariel Esteban Bracamonte (8-2, 5 KOs) couldn’t continue after the seventh round.

Unbeaten welterweight Josh Kelly (8-0, 6 KOs) scored a first round TKO over Walter Fabian Castillo (13-3, 3 KOs). Kelly dropped Castillo then got the stoppage with his follow-up barrage. Time was 2:55.

In a clash between unbeaten cruiserweights, Richard Riakporhe (8-0, 7 KOs) scored a sudden come-from-behind stoppage over Sam Hyde (13–11, 6 KOs) in round eight.

2016 Olympian middleweight Dmytro Mytrofanov (2-0-1, 1 KO) and Gino Kanters (5-2-1, 3 KOs) fought to 38-38 draw over four rounds. Mytrofanov was down in round one.