NZBoxChat
Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - Printable Version

+- NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz)
+-- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: NZBoxChat (https://nzboxchat.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - Infern0 - 03-01-2017

Arum and Duco were pushing heavily for the Horn fight but then horn came last in pacquiaos poll.

A couple of days ago when asked about khan fighting pacquiao arum said, and i quote "that is bullshit!!: and seemed very upset.

Then pacquiao himself announced he would be fighting khan and horn made a begging video for the fight to the sound of crickets.

Did Arum just get a lesson in who the boss is between fighter and promoter

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - craigyid14 - 03-01-2017

I'm actually quite surprised Pacquiao is fighting Khan, whilst Khan is damaged goods I still think he'll be too fast for an old Pacquiao. I guess it just makes financial sense, Manny's already a legend. As for Horn, whilst talented he's not really in the same league as these two.

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - shamrock - 03-01-2017

A big ask to get that fight with Horn, and in his own backyard as well

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - Infern0 - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 08:19 PM)craigyid14 Wrote: I'm actually quite surprised Pacquiao is fighting Khan, whilst Khan is damaged goods I still think he'll be too fast for an old Pacquiao. I guess it just makes financial sense, Manny's already a legend. As for Horn, whilst talented he's not really in the same league as these two.

Im pretty sure pacquiao will be able to time khan at some point and get him out of there. Its not just khans chin thats the problem its that he doesnt have the power to keep opponents honest. They get overwhelmed by the speed for a couple of rounds then think "hang on this dude isnt hurting me" then start throwing back and thats the end of it

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - craigyid14 - 03-02-2017

I think you over rate Manny's power, yeah he's knocked plenty of fighters down (and been dropped a fair bit) in his recent fights but he hasn't actually stopped anyone since Ricky Hatton 8 years ago. I think Khan outboxes him.

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - shamrock - 03-02-2017

Hope Khan gets creamed, can still see it

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - Infern0 - 03-02-2017

If khan wins he will be unbearable but it would be quite funny considering how much he annoys people

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - diehard - 03-08-2017

Arum says Pacqiuao-Khan in UAE is dead
By David Finger

Well, it looks like Bob Arum won’t be booking any plane tickets for Dubai after all.

In a development that few in the sport would consider surprising, Bob Arum officially nixed the potentially fight between WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao and Amir Khan in the United Arab Emirates after the money failed to materialize. The lack of money was enough to prompt Top Rank promoter Bob Arum to describe the deal as “dead” in an interview with ESPN.

“It’s kaddish for the UAE deal,” Arum told ESPN earlier today (Tuesday). “It’s dead. I’m talking to him about another proposal for another fight, not Khan. Khan won’t be Manny’s next opponent.”

There was little question that the drama revolving around the opponent and venue of Manny Pacquiao’s next fight had reached La La Land like levels of confusion after Bob Arum and Duco Events, promoters of Australia’s #2 ranked WBO contender Jeff Horn, announced that the Filipino’s next bout would be against Horn in Brisbane. However after both Arum and Duco Events announced the Australia fight was a done deal it would in turn end up being derailed after Pacquiao’s advisor and marriage counselor Michael Koncz vetoed the fight and announced that Pacquiao would instead fight in the UAE on April 23rd.

“I’m here with full authority and power,” Koncz told Gulf News in early February. “I have been the marriage counselor for Manny and we have developed a relationship. I’m involved in all aspects of what he does. We have executed a agreement in the morning and 100 percent the fight will be here in the UAE.”

Needless to say, Arum remained skeptical of the proposal from the UAE.

“The money in Australia wasn’t anywhere near $38 million,” Arum was quoted as saying to the Telegraph on February 23rd. “If the $38 million is real, it trumps the Australia deal. If it’s real, we will assist putting on the event, but I am not holding my breath, and I’m not making plane reservations.”

Although Jeff Horn was the fighter left holding Moonlight’s Academy Award when the April 23rd fight in Brisbane fell through he may still end up going home with the boxing version of the Oscar. When asked yesterday if the Australia deal was still on the table Horn responded in the affirmative.

“Yeah, I think they would (be available to host a fight).” Horn told Fightnews. “I don’t think the government will have the deal on the table all the time, but I’m hoping our government will still have money on the table (for a bit longer). But I guess there is a clock on everything.”

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - diehard - 03-31-2017

Koncz: Pacquiao vs Horn should be finalized by end of week
By Ray Wheatley — World of Boxing

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (59-6-2, 38 KOs) will likely defend the title against WBO#2 Jeff Horn (16-0-1, 11 KOs) on July 2 at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia after Hall Of Fame promoter Bob Arum asked Manny to give him a decision if he could take the fight. Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz said the deal for a Pacquiao vs Horn should be finalized by the end of the week.

Michael Koncz says it ‘looks like’ Pacquiao will proceed with a fight against the unbeaten Australian.

“We are finalizing the terms,” Koncz tells Rappler in a text message on Thursday, March 30, the deadline Top Rank promoter Bob Arum had given Pacquiao’s side to agree to the fight. Koncz adds that the deal “should be finalized by end of week.”

RE: Pacquiao vs Khan instead of Horn: Did Bob Arum get put in his place? - Msreef - 04-05-2017

Pacquiao v Horn is made.
Well done to Duco, they continue to prove the haters wrong.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11832458