Junior Fa
(09-26-2019, 09:49 PM)markk Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 12:12 PM)African Monkey Wrote: Anything happening with Junior? Markk you still around?

hey all

haven't been on for a while.

was an interesting fight the last one. we got pushed around on the card till last fight and was a pretty painful night. Junior made a mistake in the 4th and got hit flush with 2 left hooks. What I did love was that he fought hard to stay in there as the knockdown was early in the round. the 5th round was his best round of his life and if he had done that again would have been the first guy to stop him. the problem with some of these fights is all they do is look for one shot which he landed.

sadly juniors Father passed 3 days agao and we had a date in mid Nov as well as Hemi but will wait to see how he is over the next week. Will be a similar opponent Guin id say. 

as for pullev we where never offered., we went close with dubious but it was a smallish show and the money wasn't there. same with uysk and we just missed fury fight behind Otto. been have some crazy conversations but the money hasn't been there apart fro fury of course.

Thanks mate for that. Very sad to hear about Junior's father hope he's going well. 
Thanks for the update mark! Shame he wasn’t able to secure the Fury fight. Would have been amazing for his profile, win or lose. Will that Nov fight be in the US?
Thanks for keeping us informed, markk. A good win for Jr. Looking forward to his next fight. Tell Jr we're all behind him.
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/742693
Who are you looking at for an opponent, markk? PM me if you need to say privately. Good to see that Jr will fight again in 2019.
19th fight, https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/283628
Another pudding, 37 years old and stopped/ko'd by everyone notable on his record.
Look back at Josh Taylor last week 16th fight, unified his division and has beaten 2 out of the top 3 other top boys in his division. Clearly just trying to maneuver Junior Fa to an undeserved title shot of any description by padding his record and keeping his 0 fighting puddings..... I really don't understand how you lot lap up dross like this.....
Bottom line, craig, Jr. is just not at that level yet. Josh Taylor, different story. Why put Jr in with a guy he knows he'll lose to? He spent what, 3 years of inactivity? I think he's really improved, but it would be career suicide to put him in with someone who will torch him. He's been sparring with Wilder, which is good training for him, and Vargas KO'd his last opponent who was undefeated. Vargas is a journeyman, and Fa needs to look good against him.
Rubbish, they're padding his record. You know he's ranked 7th by the WBO?
That means he could conceivably be a voluntary defense for Ruiz next (if of coarse he was to beat Joshua). All after fighting a string of puddings with equally inflated records brought in to lose.
Why fight someone tough and lose that inflated ranking ... tick over some wins and see if you can land a $$ fight.
I know ideally you want to step up every fight and earn the right but its not always like that look at recent inflated ranked fighters such as Swart getting $ fights..
I do happen to believe that if you're in the top ten, you should only fight fighters in the top ten, or risk losing your ranking.  Given that, there are a number of fighters in the top ten I'd match him with, assuming the promoters stars are aligned in the universe.  There should be a mandatory fight with someone in the top ten within a year to keep your ranking.  How about these guys:   

6. Tyrone Spong
7. Junior Fa (well, he can't fight himself!)
8. Adam Kownacki
9. Daniel Dubois
10. Michael Hunter