Luis Ortiz is looking for an opponent, time for Parker to step up?
Supposedly nobody wants to fight Luis Ortiz on March 5

Lonegran is constantly complaining that Parker will fight anyone but the only people who will fight him are Daniel Martz etc. He also says Parker will beat anyone in the division including the champs

Well, here is a perfect opportunity, make a statement against a feared opponent on US television.

Win this and Parker is all but guarenteed a title shot.

Over to you, duco
Parker has already set a date in ChCh on the 9th ? April, so I'd doubt they will step away from that plan, especially if they have already lined up a top 25 opponent.

In my honest opinion, I'm not sure Parker would take this fight (or should I say management), as Ortiz is #1 southpaw in the world (Boxrec) and Parker did struggle at times with southpaws in training and with Bergman. If Ortiz was an orthodox, they probably would take the chance. Time will tell.
Welcome aboard Infern0. I agree, he won't fight Ortiz in March. It would be interesting if that were an eliminator, but I think it's part of the WBA tournament?
Christian Hammer is a top 25 opponent, been stopped 3 times. That's the avenue there'll go, $40 and butta-bollox chief support. Same old, same old.
Hammer would be fine with me. Needs to re-vitalise his career. He was a possible opponent that we selected several months ago.
(01-30-2016, 07:55 PM)diehard Wrote: Welcome aboard Infern0. I agree, he won't fight Ortiz in March. It would be interesting if that were an eliminator, but I think it's part of the WBA tournament?

And Duco have given the WBA the middle finger recently....
I don't think the WBA tournament will happen tbh as Ustinov not seeming to want to fight Ortiz

I don't see Christian Hammer as being an interesting opponent.

A list of fighters I would like to see although don't know how realistic

Malik Scott
Erkan Teper
Steve Cunningham
Carlos Takam
Tony Thompson
Bermane Stiverne
Dereck Chisora
Mike Perez
Odlanier Solis
Bryant Jennings

I think anyone off that list brings something that will make it interesting, Solis might be the worst one because sometimes he just doesn't show up on fight night.

I think all of those fighters will push Joe and he needs to be pushed at this stage but I see them all as winnable fights if joe comes in at 100% and fights with the right gameplan.
Cranky, are you referring to Stu saying he doesn't want Parker to be in the WBA? Bogus story, and I think he's taking action against whoever wrote the piece. Fiction.

Infern0, any of those guys will do. Could probably add Szpilka and a few others to that list. I do think it'll be that level of opponent--someone who is not contending for a title, but still relevant. Teper, however, will be sitting out a drug ban. Fedesov would be good, but Stu says not in April.
I hope its not somebody I've never heard of, again.
(01-30-2016, 10:28 PM)diehard Wrote: Cranky, are you referring to Stu saying he doesn't want Parker to be in the WBA?  Bogus story, and I think he's taking action against whoever wrote the piece.  Fiction.

Infern0, any of those guys will do.  Could probably add Szpilka and a few others to that list.  I do think it'll be that level of opponent--someone who is not contending for a title, but still relevant.  Teper, however, will be sitting out a drug ban.  Fedesov would be good, but Stu says not in April.

http://www.x-boxing.com/boxing-news/2016/duco-events-vacates-wba-titles/

this...  bogus story?  Ok-  makes sense as I see most of the stories that come up in a google search have been deleted...