Duco Boxing
The article is a month old though, right?
Yip but they must have had a really good idea that was going to be the date last month surely
Lonergan was talking to Veitch on 13/6 about the nines, and Veitch asked "If the nines went overseas, say to Brisbane, would you still be able to promote it?" and he said something like "well actually, we are going to be doing something very big in Brisbane! - watch this space" and sounded very excited, but he wouldn't let on any more at the time. I thought it was pretty obvious he was talking about a boxing promotion.

On Parkers Boxrec page it says Parker (with Horn, Ugonoh and Letele) has an upcoming fight in Auckland on that date, but maybe it could be Brisbane instead?
That fits in with the article, what Lonergan said in the article and also what he said on NZ nationwide radio
Also fits with Tupou saying he was going to fight Parker in October until Fujimoto pulled out, as that would have been good for a Brisbane card
That would makes sense as the fight for life show is usually closer to xmas but if my memory serves me correctly the Williams fight was round about October.
Bahahaha - another quality fight for Brisbane. Hopoate vs Letele. Check out the brofessional vid.
http://m.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/boxing/john-hopoate-calls-out-brown-buttabean-in-bizarre-facebook-video/story-e6frf5h3-1227416145803
(07-14-2015, 12:09 PM)gothenaki Wrote: Lonergan was talking to Veitch on 13/6 about the nines, and Veitch asked "If the nines went overseas, say to Brisbane, would you still be able to promote it?" and he said something like "well actually, we are going to be doing something very big in Brisbane! - watch this space" and sounded very excited, but he wouldn't let on any more at the time. I thought it was pretty obvious he was talking about a boxing promotion.

On Parkers Boxrec page it says Parker (with Horn, Ugonoh and Letele) has an upcoming fight in Auckland on that date, but maybe it could be Brisbane instead?
That fits in with the article, what Lonergan said in the article and also what he said on NZ nationwide radio
Also fits with Tupou saying he was going to fight Parker in October until Fujimoto pulled out, as that would have been good for a Brisbane card

That could explain why they haven't announced where in Auckland the event will be held. And makes sense if it were to be:

Jeff Horn v Top 10 fighter
Joseph Parker v Solomon Haumono
Dave Letele v John Hopoate
Izu Ugonoh v (An Aussie - no worthy opponents left in NZ)