Deontay Wilder -vs- Artur Szpilka, Glazcov -vs- Martin, Haye -vs- De Mori
Good point Yanni, his handlers will be well aware of his short comings.

Couldnt agree with you more Naki, Wilder looked extremely raw. Was just relying on raw KO power never got the jab going effectively and was jumpy. Cant see how the score cards had him up 78-74.

Was really impressed with Szpilkas tactics in this fight, great movement, kept low, got inside with the double jab. But just started to get predictable with his head movement i think, and by round 5 there was a sense that Wilder would find an opening eventually.

Still Wilder is far from a finished product, doesnt fight compact enough for my liking. every time Szpilka came in with the dbl jab, he would square Wilder up, leaving him open for the left. Also had him jumping off balance to defend the body punch and caught him a few times going immediately upstairs. Wilder was ineffective in keeping the range and preventing Szpilka getting in, which confirmed some comments by others that he wouldnt handle an aggressive boxer who took the fight to him. Still hes got some real power alright, but very very susceptible to jumping into some big punches in return. All bias aside, i think Wilder would be a perfect opponent for Joes speed and combos, but agree with Naki that Szpilka would be a more dangerous prospect.

Was really enjoying that fight and wish it went a bit longer, still 9 rounds i suppose is decent given the other fights today Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deontay Wilder -vs- Artur Szpilka, Glazcov -vs- Martin, Haye -vs- De Mori - Ina Mungstit - 01-17-2016, 08:55 PM