Deontay Wilder -vs- Artur Szpilka, Glazcov -vs- Martin, Haye -vs- De Mori
(01-16-2016, 04:29 PM)diehard Wrote: How is Wilder's chin?  This fellow Beniton on the ESB Forum doesn't think it's good:

Benitom3

ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Default Re: Is Wilder hiding glass jaw?
Haha - read that a few times. I think it's evolved to include him nearly being knocked down by a Szpilka airshot at the face-off

--Wilder started very late - he was boxing against guys in the amatuers who had been boxing since they were nippers. He learnt a few things. 
--Amazing he got a medal with how little experience he had.
--The Nichols and Sconiers kd's are pretty embarrassing - he was showboating pretty bad and got caught.
--Has power which should be respected by anybody. Stiverne took some big shots, but that says more about Stivernes chin than Wilders power, and Wilder boxed smart.
--Malik Scott was obviously a "skip punch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jws9K_RTCy4
--Molina fought the fight of his life, but still got knocked down 4 times
--Duhaupas is a tough fighter, not a pastry chef
--True about short camps for his challengers (and terrible money).
--Wouldn't be surprised if he avoids Povetkin by fighting the winner of Martin/Glazkov, but it is for another belt...

I think he's getting better, and has good reach and good power, but his skinny legs might not hold him up every time.
If he was fighting JP tomorrow, I'd be VERY nervous

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deontay Wilder -vs- Artur Szpilka, Glazcov -vs- Martin, Haye -vs- De Mori - gothenaki - 01-16-2016, 05:56 PM