Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December
Hahaha - just after I said it. Great power from Ortiz
Good win to Ortiz. Jennings was too small with no power.
(12-20-2015, 06:51 PM)mippy Wrote: Good win to Ortiz. Jennings was too small with no power.

Agree with no power, but not sure on too small.
I know that's how it looks, but Jennings has the same reach, is a fraction shorter, and 104kg (as Parker was against Costa Jr). Maybe it's because he's Vegan?

Anyone who's had close to 400 fights must have learnt something, and while he isn't the quickest, Ortiz seems very focused and capable, with enough power to damage anybody.
And he had a cold all week, and was coughing constantly through the interview
Damn missed the fight, saw the knockout but still cant find a feed to the full fight... ???but wow, 3 uppers in a row, Jennings wide open in the close contact. Ha hmmmmm Ortiz in the 7th, lucky call by Ina lol
(12-20-2015, 07:09 PM)gothenaki Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 06:51 PM)mippy Wrote: Good win to Ortiz. Jennings was too small with no power.

Agree with no power, but not sure on too small.
I know that's how it looks, but Jennings has the same reach, is a fraction shorter, and 104kg (as Parker was against Costa Jr). Maybe it's because he's Vegan?

Anyone who's had close to 400 fights must have learnt something, and while he isn't the quickest, Ortiz seems very focused and capable, with enough power to damage anybody.
And he had a cold all week, and was coughing constantly through the interview
You wonder what Jennings must eat to pack that size on, he's a shredded 229.5 impressive for a vegan.

Ortiz feet get a bit stuck but im sure its more because he was worried about his stamina rather than actually having slow feet. When he was bouncing around he looks good, and his hand speed and abillity to counter is impressive.

I never rated jennings highly and his style is boring so im glad he lost tbh. Ortiz on the other hand is good fun, just needs to be more active and do a few more rounds. I wonder whats next for him, he'd be a hard 1-8 rounds for any one imo, might get easier  after then potentially.
The thing I liked about Ortiz the most was how he adjusted to Jennings tactics and started being more mobile. Jennings was shutout after that.

I can see him struggling against taller opponents like Wilder, but I think he'd beat Parker at the moment
Ortiz knows how to fight! But he's fairly slow. But he has a sneaky left. I think Parker takes this if he can avoid a sneaky left hand when Ortiz counters.

To me, Wilder is the one to beat in the heavyweight division now.
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/video-jennings-ortiz-post-fight-presser-319275
(12-21-2015, 09:08 AM)mippy Wrote: The thing I liked about Ortiz the most was how he adjusted to Jennings tactics and started being more mobile. Jennings was shutout after that.

I can see him struggling against taller opponents like Wilder, but I think he'd beat Parker at the moment

Yeah when the ref started warning him about pushing he needed to adjust. Didn't take him long and he found the answer, pretty impressive. 

Wilder is an interesting match up for Ortiz.
Wilder has a lot going for him he's fit, powerful and has great hand speed. He's not really a great mover in a sense that he moves in straight lines most of the time. He was great against Stiverne who is also a counter puncher like Ortiz. Ortiz is much longer than Stiverne and is basically better all round imo.

Ortiz likes room to put his punches together and he is a real sharp shooter from range. Wilder would need to be pinpoint accurate to beat him imo because as i said before he doesn't have the trickery in his movement to out manouver Ortiz. 

I'd be surprised if any champs fought him unless he was a forced mandatory imo. Fury's camp pretty much said they wouldn't.
Apart from Parker, I think Ortiz is one of the best HWs to watch. His shot selection, the snap in his punches, the way he was dancing about the ring was awesome to watch. Jennings has a lot of heart and seems to grind out victories with sheer determination, but it was nice to see the more talented boxer win on this occasion.

If I were Parker I would avoid Ortiz at least for a few more fights. Jennings on the other hand...