Luis Ortiz vs Bryant Jennings- 19th December
(12-19-2015, 02:06 PM)diehard Wrote: OK boys and girls:  For those of you who have SKY SPORT, Jennings vs Ortiz is on SKY SPORT 65 at 4:15 tomorrow, Sunday afternoon.

Nice, sky getting it done
I was hoping they might get bjs vs andy lee as well

I have been youtubing a bit of the press and reading a few artickes as well for this one.

I know boxers like to talk a big game but it appears Jennings legitimately thinks Ortiz has chin issues and doesn't like getting hit! I noticed he came in fairly heavy and im wondering if he thinks he might try to test that chin. Ortiz has reasonble hand and foot speed when he's fresh (hand speed is probably better than Jennings imo) so I think Jennings might not like the outcome if he tries to bang it out in the early going. Jennings is not a great puncher, his best work offensively is just grinding guys down in the clinch a bit like a Bhop or Andre Ward lite. 

Imo
Ortiz strengths
Heavy hands
Great at setting traps and counter punching on the outside
Great movement head and foot work (when fresh atleast)

Weakesses
Cardio hasnt been tested, might struggle if the going gets tough
Defense is suspect, likes to fight with his hands by his side quite regularly
Low out put fighter, usually just fights at opponents pace

Jennings 
Strengths
Really tight defense
Plenty of heart
Good stamina/ work rate
Has a good sneaky uppercut in the clinch

Weaknesses
Relatively light puncher
Doesn't have a great offensive arsenal
Doesn't throw enough combinations

I like Ortiz's style he is really great to watch.  
I just think Ortiz is ready for this one.  I do like his weight.  I honestly don't know these guys too well, but I thought Ortiz usually comes in heavier, with not a lot of motivation.  If you can believe him, he's ready.

Jennings.  Well, Tupou put him down, but he did ok against a fading (now we know) Klit.

thanks for the analysis!
(12-19-2015, 02:06 PM)diehard Wrote: OK boys and girls:  For those of you who have SKY SPORT, Jennings vs Ortiz is on SKY SPORT 65 at 4:15 tomorrow, Sunday afternoon.

Thanks heaps for the heads up Die, didn't even think to check.
It's awesome that these sorts of fights are being shown as it gives the casual sports fan a chance to form an opinion of where they think the likes of Parker sit and a look at his possible opposition.
As far as the USA heavy scene goes this is a very important fight. Hell of a long way back for the loser with the winner potintally up for a massive pay day and opportunity against Wilder.
An hour away, and you are so right justafan. Jennings got a pass on his loss to Klit because, well, it was Klit. But it won't happen if he loses to Ortiz. If Ortiz loses, they'll say he's just another hyped up Cuban with no discipline.
Link ????? Finding it hard to find. PM me
It's on Sky Sport Channel 65 in NZ. If you don't get Sky, or are in NZ, I don't know where it is. Hopefully, you can get it. They're still finishing up the undercard.
(12-20-2015, 05:37 PM)Ina Mungstit Wrote: Link ????? Finding it hard to find. PM me

http://www.sportingvideo.org/20151220/vv5675d7e4b91150.26638414-1227724.html
http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/luis-ortiz-vs-bryant-jennings-live-streaming
Ortiz is a beast. Bit slow though
Jennings has a great chin