Fury/Wilder Trilogy
yson Fury Embraces His New Stablemate Josh Taylor

Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury has led the plaudits for his new stablemate Josh Taylor – welcoming the unified super-lightweight champion to the team in typical Fury fashion.

Earlier this week, IBF and WBA champion Taylor (16-0, 12 KOs) signed an advisory deal with MTK Global, meaning he is now part of the same team as the likes of Fury, Billy Joe Saunders, Carl Frampton, Michael Conlan and many more names.

Just like Fury, Frampton and Conlan, Taylor will also be promoted by Top Rank, and the ‘Gypsy King’ has welcomed his new team-mate with a very special message.

Fury said: “I’m really excited about MTK Global’s new signing Josh Taylor, so I need to welcome him to the team.

“He’s with Top Rank and ESPN too which is great. He’s one of the best fighters on the planet, but I hope he remembers that I’m still the kingpin!”

Taylor was last in action in October, as he defeated previously unbeaten Regis Prograis after an incredible battle in their World Boxing Super Series final.

As for Fury, the lineal heavyweight champion is deep into training for his faces showdown with Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight championship at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on February 22, live on ESPN+ PPV and Fox Sports PPV.
https://fightnews.com/live-wilder-fury-kick-off-press-conference/66371
https://fightnews.com/wilder-fury-both-promise-knockouts/66383
https://fightnews.com/deontay-wilder-its-unfinished-business-for-me/66379#more-66379
What Tyson Fury is doing seven times a day to boost his testosterone for rematch
08:21, Jan 15 2020

Fury chasing knockout in rematch with Wilder

Tyson Fury vows to chase a knockout in next month's eagerly anticipated rematch with WBC champion Deontay Wilder.

British boxer Tyson Fury isn't afraid to admit what he's getting up to as he prepares for a highly anticipated heavyweight rematch with American Deontay Wilder next month.

The 31-year-old is about to go into camp to ramp up preparations for the February 22 bout in Las Vegas, where Fury has boldly predicted he will knock Wilder out within the first two rounds.

Before going into pre-fight camp, Fury revealed he's already tweaked his preparation for the fight, which includes the bizarre.

"I'm masturbating seven times a day, keep my testosterone pumping," he told media.

"If it's gonna give me an edge, I'm willing to try it."

The December 2018 bout between the pair in Los Angeles, which ended in a controversial split draw, still irks Fury.

He is adamant he won't get a points decision in the US next month, claiming it's a knockout or nothing.

"They had to rob a man who had been out of the ring for three years and they still couldn't beat him," he said.

"I'm not coming here for a points decision, I've had too many of them - nine of them - I'm coming here for a knockout, I've had 21 of them and from the heart that's what I'm looking to do."

After Fury predicted he would KO the 34-year-old Wilder, the American replied by picking up his own microphone and loudly sniffing it, mocking Fury for his past problems with drug abuse.

"I'm prepared for more than ever," Wilder said.

"I told Fury two years ago I was going to baptise him, and I did just that. Rising up is part of the baptism. I told him he was going to go, `Timber!' And he did just that. This time around, it's called unfinished business. He won't be able to get back up. This time, I'm going to knock him out."

British boxing star Tyson Fury has revealed his bizarre preparation ahead of his rematch with Deontay Wilder.
While Wilder is aiming for a knockout, he also believes he can win a decision.

He also feels the first fight should have been stopped due to a deep cut on Fury's face. In fact, Wilder thinks he would have won the first fight on the scorecards if he hadn't given away a few early rounds by coming out "overexcited and anxious".

"But when you have devastating power like I do, you don't worry about rounds," Wilder said. "He's got to survive 12 rounds with me."

Wilder also suggested Fury's bravado masks the British boxer's worries about his chin and his American opponent's ferocity.

Wilder points to Fury's less-than-impressive effort against Sweden's Otto Wallin in September as a sign of his decline.

"When you get knocked down like that, and you don't know how you got on the ground, let alone how you got up, it's scary," Wilder said of his 12th-round knockdown of Fury.

"It's not only scary for you. It's scary for your friends, your family, because they know you're going in there with that monster."
https://fightnews.com/wilder-fury-la-press-conference-2/67362
Wilder-Fury Notes

Still no official announcement, but the scuttlebutt is the February 22 Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury PPV telecast will have the following undercard fights:

Charles Martin vs. Gerald Washington (heavyweights)
Emanuel Navarette vs. Jeo Santisima (WBO super bantamweight title)
Daniel Lewis vs. Sebastian Fundora (super welterweight)
Wilder: I think Fury has pillows as fists

Unbeaten WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay “The Bronze Bomber” Wilder talked about his February 22 PPV rematch with undefeated former heavyweight champion Tyson “The Gypsy King” Fury at FOX Studios in Los Angeles.
“Things are going amazing. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. To come from where I come from, it’s amazing to be here. When you get a happy Deontay Wilder in training camp, you can definitely expect great things from me. That’s’ what I’m going to give you.

“We haven’t seen his power displayed like he’s been talking about. It hasn’t been continuous, like mine. I think he has pillows as fists. That’s what I felt in our last fight.

“With the strategies that he’s talking about, I don’t really know how to take it. I don’t know if he’s trying to throw me off my game by saying he’s going to knock me out. But it’s exciting to hear and I’m looking forward to February 22.

“Everything on his body is a target, not just his cut. Everything that is permissible for me to hit, I’m going to hit it.

“When you fight someone like me, it’s a mistake to tinker around with your training camp. I’m unpredictable in that ring. When you have too many opinions and too many people who think they have the remedy, it usually backfires.

“I think this win will be more special than the others. Because of the history that we have, with that controversial draw. I consider Tyson a brother of this era, especially in the heavyweight division. The other fighters don’t want to let themselves loose and have fun. We’re both able to enjoy what we do day after day. Because when the bell rings, anything can happen.

“Fighting a guy like Fury, you have to be careful. Time goes by so fast in the ring. You’re trying to do everything that you prepared for. With what he brings to the table with his boxing skills, you have to have some awareness of the clock. But with my power, it’s his job to really watch the clock and try to avoid me for 36 minutes.

“We both have to come in like we did the first fight, with our hearts on our sleeves and the warrior mentality that we always bring. When you get to this point, the scenery itself makes for a great fight. We all know when I come to fight, I don’t play around. We can play around here today, but we’re going to have that killer mentality in the ring.”
Fury: I Hurt Wilder A lot in First Fight, This Time I'll Take Him Out!
By Boxing Clever Published On Tue Feb 4, 2020, 03:37 AM EST

Tyson Fury believes that he physically hurt WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder several times in their first meeting back in December of 2018 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Fury will challenge Wilder for a second time on February 22nd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

For the rematch, Fury had made a lot of changes to his team - including a new head trainer.

tyson-fury (1)_13

After five fights together, Fury made a decision to replace head trainer Ben Davison.

Their relationship began in late 2017, when Fury made a decision to return to the sport of boxing after being away for more than two years.

He would later announce that SugarHill Steward of Detroit's Kronk Gym was his new head trainer.

Fury felt that he needed some new weapons in the ring and some adjustments to his style for the rematch.

"Me and Ben have never had a falling out but for certain fights you need certain styles and what I did before clearly is not good enough to win this fight. If I'm not going to win the way I boxed before I'm not going to win it like that this time so it's got to be totally new," Fury told BT Sport.

"I'm willing to sacrifice everything for the victory, that's how much it means. I was boxing him last time and I was hurting him, he was hurt a lot in that fight.

"I didn't have the energy to finish him, I've seen a lot of stuff I'm going to expose and that I saw last time but couldn't pull the trigger on. This time he really is going to fight the Gypsy King and I'm going to take him out."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/combat-sports/119309880/tyson-fury-claims-dipping-his-hands-in-petrol-will-help-him-beat-deontay-wilder